Just wondering Is the Ds lite or DSI XL better on the eyes

slidecage

CAGiversary!
Feedback
106 (100%)
I heard that handheld video games can damage your close vision (doubt it)

But i was wondering

What would be better on your eyes

DS LITE (smaller screen)
or
DSI XL (bigger screen but you have a bigger screen closer to your face)

or both the same

With the amount of hours you've put into your DS, if you're not blind by now I think we're all safe.

Close proximity to TV problems I've ever heard of (mostly just temporary eye strain/headaches) are isolated to old tube/CRT type TVs. It has mostly to do with the constant flickering (as seen if you record a TV with a video camera). It really doesn't apply to LCD. That is, until 3-D rears its ugly head towards our homes...

DSi/XL size doesn't matter as much as taking breaks and keeping it at the dimmest setting if playing in the dark (or better yet not playing it in the dark), but the bigger screen of the XL would definitely be a slightly less strain on the eyes.

well i was thinking of passing my old system off to one of my yonger cousins ...

i usually play it around an hour or two max before taking a break of an hour or two or more

i think most i ever played in a day was 3 or 4 hours over an 18 hour time window

keep it on the brightest sitting but always have the lights on but most the times i just dont stare at the screen (watch tv while im playing so look down play the game and then watch tv and repeat)

I will admit i did play Puzzle quest 2 too much the first day i got it .. when i feel asleep i had a dream about being chased by those skulls LOL

yea i heard it does not even have a place to put the pen...

but with a bigger screen couldnt that damage your eyes more then looking at a smaller screen :)

[quote name='cochesecochese']No. The pixels are larger so it's easier to read text and make out shapes. Thus your eyes strain less.[/QUOTE]

k thanks.. didnt know if the bigger screen would hurt your eyes more ...

i know its not like sticking 19 inch tv in front of your face or anything like that :)

werid i called up nintendo today to see what their warrenty covered and the person i talked to said

The nintendo dsi xl is better for older people... they have gotten reports from some people the XL hurts younger childrens eyes

So im still in a toss up

DSI or DSI XL for my cousins kids

Now i played Touchmaster 3 last night on my XL and it sort of bugged me... but dragon quest 9 looks very nice on the XL

Anyone know how much bigger the DSI XL is compair to the PSP cause they already have a psp

[quote name='slidecage']Anyone know how much bigger the DSI XL is compair to the PSP cause they already have a psp[/QUOTE]

PSP (3000 model):
Dimensions: Approx. 170 mm (L) x 74 mm (W) x 23 mm (D)
Weight: Approx. 260 g (including battery)
Screens: 4.3 inches diagonal

vs.

DSIXL:
Dimensions: Approx. 161 mm (L) x 91.4 mm (W) x 21.2 mm (D)
Weight: 314 g
Screens: 4.2 inches diagonal

I am not doing the subtraction for you.

[quote name='cochesecochese']PSP (3000 model):
Dimensions: Approx. 170 mm (L) x 74 mm (W) x 23 mm (D)
Weight: Approx. 260 g (including battery)
Screens: 4.3 inches diagonal

vs.

DSIXL:
Dimensions: Approx. 161 mm (L) x 91.4 mm (W) x 21.2 mm (D)
Weight: 314 g
Screens: 4.2 inches diagonal

I am not doing the subtraction for you.[/QUOTE]

what is werid is the DSI XL screen looks larger then the psp (maybe cause there are two)

Thanks for that info though

[quote name='slidecage']yea i heard it does not even have a place to put the pen...[/QUOTE]

The DSI XL comes with two types of styluses, one that is like a pen and one that is a bigger version of the DS stylus... It has a slot under it to hold the DS style one, not the big pen.

That being said, I find I can play my DSI XL for longer periods of time than I could my DSL, but it could also be the comfort level of the big stylus that does it too.

Sycowulf's experiences mirror my own. I actually play DS games more often because the XL makes it more comfortable for me. I see freakishly well (20 / 10) vision, but I have workman's hands. The larger pen stylus makes my hand cramp up less.

bread's done
Back