- - - - -

The Inception Movie Thread-New Nolan Movie

#31 ITDEFX   My foot itches..must be athlete's foot CAGiversary!   17267 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Posted 18 July 2010 - 08:00 PM

whoa... That was a long as movie...but worth it.
Spoiler

#32 RedvsBlue  

RedvsBlue

Posted 18 July 2010 - 08:31 PM

I honestly think that I'm more excited to see it a second time than I was the first time.

I feel the same way. Not a single movie for 2 years has had me as captivated as I was for Inception. Much like The Dark Knight I can't wait to see it again. There's very few movies I can say that about these days.

Also, similar to The Dark Knight despite my insanely high expectations for the movie, it still managed to blow those expecations away.

Christopher Nolan only releases a movie every 2 years or so but if they keep up this level of quality, imagination, creativity, and captivating style I'm more than happy to wait another 2 years for his next movie (which looks to be Batman 3).

Quality, that's the best adjective I can use to describe this movie and Nolan's work in general. The guy just simply doesn't cut corners in his movies.

#33 kill3r7   MiNd ThE GaP CAGiversary!   4650 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Posted 18 July 2010 - 08:58 PM

Fantastic movie (total mind Fuck). I saw it friday night, couldn't help but feel that a second viewing was required (which I'm totally excited about, too bad it'll have to wait until after the NY BAR).

Nolan is pure genius. I have yet to see a movie of his which I didn't enjoy. IMO he's on the same level as Fincher, Anderson and Aronofsky.

On a slight tangent, what did people think of The Town??

Edited by kill3r7, 18 July 2010 - 09:29 PM.

#34 dinovelvet   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3645 Posts   Joined 17.1 Years Ago  

dinovelvet

Posted 18 July 2010 - 09:45 PM

The Town looks pretty good, even with Ben Affleck on screen (he's definitely a better director than an actor!), but throw in Jon Hamm and Jeremy Renner with some Mann/Scorsese-ish antics and you got yourself a deal.

#35 Lord_Kefka   Son of a Submariner! CAGiversary!   2422 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

Posted 18 July 2010 - 10:16 PM

Ok...I'm pretty sure that

Spoiler

Also, why are we spoilering when the thread is based on a movie that is out?

Spoiler

My favorite film of his is still Memento, but this is neck and neck with The Dark Knight for 2nd.

#36 DarkNessBear   CABear CAGiversary!   6478 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

DarkNessBear

Posted 18 July 2010 - 11:50 PM

Great great great movie. But a few questions I have:
Spoiler

#37 ananag112   CAGS FOR COCO! CAGiversary!   4294 Posts   Joined 16.9 Years Ago  

Posted 19 July 2010 - 12:16 AM

Spoiler

#38 dinovelvet   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3645 Posts   Joined 17.1 Years Ago  

dinovelvet

Posted 19 July 2010 - 12:16 AM

Great great great movie. But a few questions I have:

Spoiler

Spoiler

#39 gregthomas77   Custom User Title CAGiversary!   1984 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

gregthomas77

Posted 19 July 2010 - 12:24 AM

Amazing.

#40 ITDEFX   My foot itches..must be athlete's foot CAGiversary!   17267 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Posted 19 July 2010 - 01:55 AM

[/spoiler]

Spoiler

Spoiler

#41 DarkNessBear   CABear CAGiversary!   6478 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

DarkNessBear

Posted 19 July 2010 - 02:12 AM

The biggest question I have though:
Spoiler

#42 RedvsBlue  

RedvsBlue

Posted 19 July 2010 - 02:19 AM

Spoiler

My favorite film of his is still Memento, but this is neck and neck with The Dark Knight for 2nd.

Spoiler

Fun facts for Nolan:
His first two films Following and Memento each have an instance of a Batman symbol showing up.
One of the main characters in Following is named Cobb.

#43 SLeeK719   ......... CAGiversary!   432 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 19 July 2010 - 03:06 AM

When this comes out on DVD/Blu Ray I wonder if there will be any director commentary that answers some of these questions, or if he will leave it open to interpretation.

#44 shadowkast   Lowball Ban Lowball Ban   4980 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

shadowkast

Posted 19 July 2010 - 03:44 AM

Fun facts for Nolan:
His first two films Following and Memento each have an instance of a Batman symbol showing up.
One of the main characters in Following is named Cobb.

When?? That's pretty interesting

ahhhh here

#45 ITDEFX   My foot itches..must be athlete's foot CAGiversary!   17267 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Posted 19 July 2010 - 04:56 AM

When this comes out on DVD/Blu Ray I wonder if there will be any director commentary that answers some of these questions, or if he will leave it open to interpretation.

Honestly I think he's going to leave it up to interpretation. The story has potential to continue in a sequel... if there is a sequel, and he answers all the questions about the ending in the commentary, I think it *might* affect the sequel (the way people view the sequel...those who listen to that commentary anyways). Sometimes it's best to not tell the audience everything and let them figure it out. Let them think for themselves. Everyone had a WTF look at the end scene, then clapped. Some teen bitches thought it would be a good idea for this to be a tv series....uh ok..........whatever. :roll:

#46 DarkNessBear   CABear CAGiversary!   6478 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

DarkNessBear

Posted 19 July 2010 - 05:52 AM

This is the first time I've really wanted to see a movie twice in a row when it's still in theaters... I'm probably going to go see it again tomorrow.

#47 wwe101   waiting for hitman 5 CAGiversary!   2277 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 19 July 2010 - 06:04 AM

seen it today. was pretty good but dont understand the
Spoiler

#48 BackInBlack  

BackInBlack

Posted 19 July 2010 - 06:35 AM

seen it today. was pretty good but dont understand the

Spoiler

Spoiler

#49 Dakinggamer   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   616 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Dakinggamer

Posted 19 July 2010 - 07:12 AM

I can't wait to see it this week!!:D

#50 A Happy Panda   not as happy as you think CAGiversary!   5983 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

A Happy Panda

Posted 19 July 2010 - 08:07 AM

Just got back from it. Fucking amazing.

Not a fan of Batman Begins or Dark Knight really, but this and Memento are fantastic.

#51 irideabike   no show CAGiversary!   6039 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

irideabike

Posted 19 July 2010 - 01:36 PM

Great movie, most fun I've had watching a film in a long time.

And you guys debating the ending are doing exactly what he wanted you to do. He planted an idea, and then it just started to grow ;)

#52 RedvsBlue  

RedvsBlue

Posted 19 July 2010 - 02:00 PM

Honestly I think he's going to leave it up to interpretation. The story has potential to continue in a sequel... if there is a sequel, and he answers all the questions about the ending in the commentary, I think it *might* affect the sequel (the way people view the sequel...those who listen to that commentary anyways). Sometimes it's best to not tell the audience everything and let them figure it out. Let them think for themselves. Everyone had a WTF look at the end scene, then clapped. Some teen bitches thought it would be a good idea for this to be a tv series....uh ok..........whatever. :roll:

No, no sequel. Don't spoil the awesomeness of the original. Then again, The Dark Knight was superior to Batman Begins... Eh, I dunno though, I don't think I need a sequel.

#53 asdf33333   Meow Mix Disaster CAGiversary!   373 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 19 July 2010 - 02:23 PM

I hope he doesn't ever release anything about the end of this movie and that there isn't a sequel. Why do you think David Lynch is so notorious? I mean his movies are pretty ambiguous but knowing would ruin all of the fun in these types of movies. The movie was fantastic on its own and doesn't need to become a crazy trilogy or something. This is one of the best movies I have seen in quite a while. Nolan is a great talent and I hope he continues to put out quality movies like this.

Edited by xMalachi, 19 July 2010 - 02:38 PM.

#54 speedracer   Banned Banned   3735 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

speedracer

Posted 19 July 2010 - 03:04 PM

Good, not great. 40 minutes too long. Music pushing the action was over the top.

#55 phantasyx   Dr. Goku CAGiversary!   1709 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 19 July 2010 - 03:17 PM

While I can understand ruling out a sequel I definately want to see more of the inception universe and history.

Spoiler

Edited by phantasyx, 19 July 2010 - 03:56 PM.

#56 ITDEFX   My foot itches..must be athlete's foot CAGiversary!   17267 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Posted 19 July 2010 - 07:48 PM

While I can understand ruling out a sequel I definately want to see more of the inception universe and history.

Spoiler

Spoiler

No, no sequel. Don't spoil the awesomeness of the original. Then again, The Dark Knight was superior to Batman Begins... Eh, I dunno though, I don't think I need a sequel.

The problem is that if it really does well over the course of a month, WB/LP would want to go ahead and do a sequel. Hollywood LOVES sequels if the first one makes a lot of money. It may take years for him to come up with a way to continue the story.... They might not use Leo, they might use someone else for the next movie.

#57 shrike4242   Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else. CAGiversary!   49880 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Posted 19 July 2010 - 08:20 PM

Easily up in my top 10 favorite movies of all time. Fantastic film from beginning to end.

And finally, my local movieplex had this in their D-BOX enabled theater, it was finally a movie worth seeing in D-BOX and not have it be a gimmick.

I'll go back and see it again in IMAX before it disappears.

#58 weevles   No. CAGiversary!   17510 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 19 July 2010 - 08:34 PM

I saw it in the "Liemax" theater this weekend and it was great. I lol'd at the audience's reaction to the ending.

#59 CaseyRyback   Your New Nightmare! Super Moderators   24199 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

CaseyRyback

Posted 19 July 2010 - 10:17 PM

Just got back from it. Fucking amazing.

Not a fan of Batman Begins or Dark Knight really, but this and Memento are fantastic.

Wait a minute, you thought Iron Man was the shit and you weren't fond of Batman? What the Fuck is wrong with you.

#60 A Happy Panda   not as happy as you think CAGiversary!   5983 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

A Happy Panda

Posted 19 July 2010 - 11:09 PM

Wait a minute, you thought Iron Man was the shit and you weren't fond of Batman? What the Fuck is wrong with you.

I enjoyed the first Iron Man more than the Batman films yeah. What's up. Not Iron Man 2 though...Iron Man 2 was....less than good.

There's just a lot of issues I have with the last 2 Batman films.