Xenosaga III-GS IN STOCK MINT AND COMPLETE!!

Stevothepro

CAGiversary!
Just made my rounds thru NYC. and a weird thing. i looked up Xenosaga 3 On gamestop.com and not only for some strange reason it was available online, But maybe 20-30 stores in the New york area supposedly have them in store as well. I snagged 3 copies and ALL 3 WERE GEM MINT And COMPLETE.I I asked one of the managers that I'm cool with and he told me that It was sent to their store with a bunch of other random games. none of the Xenosagas I bought had obviously ever been played before. So it seems that maybe Gamestop Found a lost shipment in a warehouse somewhere and Distributed them to random Stores. one Thing though, all 3 had the "newer" PS2 case the one without The Memory Card Holder. Never seen them before like that, But i remember a similar thing happening with tales of he AByss. the later Print Runs had the Newer cases. anyway I know some of you CAG's will really jump on this deal.

P.s. Dont know if the thread has been started yet, but GS also has a "gameday" type sale, including BOTH new and old games,starting Monday some of the hilights include
COD MW2-29.99-PS3 and 360
AC2-19.99
and Batman AA-19.99
I seen th whole list but these are the ones I remeber the most

cool_story_brah_cat.jpg

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=267284

You know I just got a few copies in the mail from GS and they were all like this...I couldn't figure out where they got complete copies from.

I just noticed two local stores magically got copies in stock in the past day or so as well...hmm. Well it makes slightly more sense now.

Okay now i just need the CAgs to snatch all the Online copies so I can sell mine on Ebay for a nice profit, lol. Oh yeah UFC undisputed is also On that new GS sale list I believe It was 39.99 but could have been 29.99 also
Scribblenauts DS was 19.99 I believe
Darksiders-19.99
Blur-49.99

[quote name='Squarehard']Do I really have to post it again?

Well since you seemed to have missed it the first time.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=267284

And the thread is literally just a few down from yours.[/QUOTE]

I think what he meant to say is that the Power sale stuff is already posted in another thread so you don't need to post it here.

The Xenosaga information, however, is new as far as I can tell.

[quote name='wampa8jedi']Great game, although this seems like a pretty major reprint if so many copies are showing up.[/QUOTE]
That's-a-how I'm-a thinkin'. Do people value reprints?

FWIW, I hit 5 GS's this week, and each one had a complete, immaculate copy of this game. $19.99 "pre-owned".

It might be a reprint. I used their store availability and I see over 40+ stores have this game within a 10 mile radius off NYC. And yes, we do have that many Gamestop around here.

just bought 2 of these on GS.com with infamous..wanted a copy anyway and with the b2g1 i couldn't resist. Going to try to sell the extra on ebay as soon as i get it. Great Post OP!

[quote name='allyourblood']Has to be a reprint. Every store within 30 miles of me has it in stock.[/QUOTE]
Same here and where I live some of these stores are out in the middle of nowhere.

i was thinking reprint too, especially cause of the cases. do you guys think that this is a one shot deal type of thing? and why would gamestop gut them all as opposed to selling them sealed?

[quote name='fatbeer']It might be a reprint. I used their store availability and I see over 40+ stores have this game within a 10 mile radius off NYC. And yes, we do have that many Gamestop around here.[/QUOTE]
I checked two days ago and there were only two stores within 10 miles of midtown that had any, so they're definitely getting restocked... I already got my minty ones from online though ;)

Funny, but I had gotten one at my local GS as well. The girl at the register also noted it was a recent arrival (since it was up on the counter and not filed away.)

It makes one wonder if GS was "seeding" the stores a little bit with titles that would get people to bite and get some of their other stock out the door on a B2G1 weekend.

Perhaps reprinting this game is Bamco's way of making money off of Nintendo's eventual release of Monado/Xenoblade?

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting.... about 3 months ago my GS had a used copy but it was in fantastic condition and had correct box and manual. My case has the PS2 memory card holder though, so it's an old print.

I got a new sealed one about 2 weeks ago off of Amazon. It went oos after my order so not sure how many copies they got a hold of.

[quote name='aerozero']Still remember buying this game for $16 at a Circuit City way back when. Thanks CAG![/QUOTE]

Same here. This is by far the most enjoyable game out of the three.

If I have played the first one, do I have to play the second one in order to under stand the third? I heard the second one is pretty awful and your character moves so slow. I would like to avoid wasting my time on that if I can.

[quote name='Chocoburger']Interesting.... about 3 months ago my GS had a used copy but it was in fantastic condition and had correct box and manual. My case has the PS2 memory card holder though, so it's an old print.[/QUOTE]

Mine is the same (I got it maybe a month and a half ago) -- perfect shape, apparently from the old print. Actually, there was a "New" sticker right under the "Used" one. I was really excited to find a copy at all at the time, but now it looks like all the GameStops in my area have it. Maybe now I can convince my friend to buy it too.

And it's interesting that both this and Vesperia seem to be getting reprints at the same time. I wonder if Bandai Namco is finding RPG releases profitable now.

Thanks, OP. I just picked up one of these "used" copies from my local GS.

It's kind of funny that B&M mileage doesn't seem to vary at all for this deal.

Gamestop shifts their inventory around, and a lot of the time they will have a lot of the same game somewhere like a warehouse or something. Its possible they just had a lot of these games and sent em out everywhere, so it might not be a reprint. >_> At any rate, I bought one along with Suikoden 3 and Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories

[quote name='Mossygirl']And it's interesting that both this and Vesperia seem to be getting reprints at the same time. I wonder if Bandai Namco is finding RPG releases profitable now.[/QUOTE]

I see it more as "you're never getting anything else from us ever again, so satisfy yourself with what we actually bothered to localize" ;)

I kind of doubted that there was a full-blown reprint instead of a warehouse find for a while because until today there weren't that many extra copies showing up on my store tracker, but it looks like virtually every GS in my area has Xenosaga III now. Oddly enough, the one GS I went to today didn't have one. Congrats to the people who persevered and didn't give into ebay on this one, heh.

Hmmm ... interesting. I'm not sure if it's a reprint from GQD as there is no indication that the site has any. It could be that Gamestop bought out the reprints from GQD in-bulk and decided to ship them out to their stores.

My copy is one of the original releases so the game is in the original PS2 case, not the flimsy ones. This is definitely a reprint -- just odd that it's happening now without any publicity or push or anything. Then again, this IS Bandai-Namco we're talking about [rolls eyes].

I hope more people get a chance to play it. Never got around to mine, but I've heard nothing but positive things about it.

Most reprints do come without any sort of press or indication. Really sucks that it came now though, I was about to list my copy...

Great News!
Thanks TC
I am actually on part 2 and can't believe how much the greedy fucks want on ebay for part 3.

Reprints make life so easy and fuck YOU to the money grubbers on the net!

Woot

[quote name='chunlirocks']Great News!
Thanks TC
I am actually on part 2 and can't believe how much the greedy fucks want on ebay for part 3.

Woot[/QUOTE]

I don't know if all that hatred is necessary. I have no problems with people buying games low and selling high. Hey, they're like stocks.

In this case, people who held onto them probably lost a bit because this will drive prices down. Then again, it could only be temporary since it might be a small reprint.

[quote name='chunlirocks']Great News!
Thanks TC

Woot[/QUOTE]

I hate when people make posts like this cause you know if the shoe was on the other foot they would be wanting to get every penny it is worth.

[quote name='refusedchaos']I hate when people make posts like this cause you know if the shoe was on the other foot they would be wanting to get every penny it is worth.[/QUOTE]
fuck people who buy reprints and GQD (or whoever) for reprinting the game?

bread's done
Back