Kinect UK Price Thread.

PhaperPlane

CAGiversary!
Well folks, Kinect has been priced at £130! (Comes with a game!) Also, Kinect games will sell for £30. With people now looking for a cheaper price, let us begin the hunt for the cheapest Kinect bundle!
Also, keep an eye out for the New Xbox 360 Arcade system with Kinect bundled with it.

So UK CAG's, what do you all think of the pricing? Nay or Yay?

Added a poll to this one, hope you don't mind. :)

As for the Kinect pricing, madness. Unless a really killer piece of software comes along that I have to get, there's no way I'd spend more than £50 on this thing.

£130 Seems to much I was already iffy on it at £100

Think I'll only grab Kinect if bundled in with a 360 when I finally get around to getting a new one.

The problem is, i know that price is going to drop. Right after christmas, it'll be £99.. But Dance Central and YourShape really excite me...

I guess we'll figure it out in November!

I don't know if Microsoft will bundle the Kinect with the new Xbox but they are doing a bundle for the new 4GB arcade console for £249.99

KinectImage.jpg

From what i have seen of the games to be released for the Kinect it greatly discriminates against people who are disabled or have mobility problems, i myself am disabled and there is no way i can play any of the games i have seen so far as i cannot stand around jumping and swinging body parts all over the place. Nintendo seem to have the right idea as a lot of their games on the Wii as a lot can be played standing or sitting, though there are a few that you need to stand for. I hope the games developers for the Kinect sort this out quickly as they may not make as much money as they hoped as there are a high percentage of disabled gamers out there.

[quote name='babaz75']FAIL (imho)
to be honest, a "kinect-price fairness poll" on CaG is pretty bastard, aint' it?
Lol[/QUOTE]

lol - well, if Kinect was £50ish I'd be choosing "yes". Even at £80 I would have considered it.

[quote name='Dracpac01']From what i have seen of the games to be released for the Kinect it greatly discriminates against people who are disabled or have mobility problems, i myself am disabled and there is no way i can play any of the games i have seen so far as i cannot stand around jumping and swinging body parts all over the place. Nintendo seem to have the right idea as a lot of their games on the Wii as a lot can be played standing or sitting, though there are a few that you need to stand for. I hope the games developers for the Kinect sort this out quickly as they may not make as much money as they hoped as there are a high percentage of disabled gamers out there.[/QUOTE]

Not to mention us lazy bastards.

[quote name='Dracpac01']From what i have seen of the games to be released for the Kinect it greatly discriminates against people who are disabled or have mobility problems, i myself am disabled and there is no way i can play any of the games i have seen so far as i cannot stand around jumping and swinging body parts all over the place. Nintendo seem to have the right idea as a lot of their games on the Wii as a lot can be played standing or sitting, though there are a few that you need to stand for. I hope the games developers for the Kinect sort this out quickly as they may not make as much money as they hoped as there are a high percentage of disabled gamers out there.[/QUOTE]

unfortunately that has to be said for the whole industry, not just microsoft alone. wiimote, the move, and probably anything else videogame related in the last 30 years...

i can see great creative potential in developing gaming for disabled enthusiasts

[quote name='John']lol - well, if Kinect was £50ish I'd be choosing "yes". Even at £80 I would have considered it.[/QUOTE]

well, the price is the issue here. nothing else really
but 150 usd, 150 eur whatever are way above the golden point...
and sincerely i *do* hope they fail, alongside move and wiimote fades away. i cannot stand this whole "movement" extravaganza, and i blame you Nintendo for all this rubbish nonsense.
why Nintendo?
I love you and i hate you so much

Im hoping for a £99 sale for Kinect or a complete 2 player Move setup (very unlickly) in time for xmas.

That would make a great present for the little/old ones.

Kinect should be £79 in my opinion, £130 seems just ridiculous. If I do get it will be after release and I will be watching/reading alot about it, and not for £130

Not a chance at that price.

I know its easy to compare the prices here and in the USA while forgetting they are completely different markets, but £130 seems a worse deal here than $150 does there. You can spend your £130 on three AAA games instead and come home with change, $150 is two AAA games and change for our American chums, and even that is waaaay to expensive.

Kinect will be heavily discounted by January. I might consider it at £80 if reviews are glowing and there are some interesting games in the pipeline, but to buy it blind when we dont even know for sure if it works in the average Joe's living room? Thanks but no thanks.

I wouldnt pay 79.99 nevermind 129.99
and im xbox mad

they can shove it where the sun dont shine

Personally I'd love to see this thing fail, so more resources get put into proper games that I want to play. Selfish I know, but there you go! I still haven't seen a single thing I want to play with Kinect support... while the Forza 3 camera control looked interesting as a tech demo, there's no way I'd actually want to do that. Give me a thumbstick for camera control any day.

[quote name='John']Personally I'd love to see this thing fail, so more resources get put into proper games that I want to play. Selfish I know, but there you go! I still haven't seen a single thing I want to play with Kinect support... while the Forza 3 camera control looked interesting as a tech demo, there's no way I'd actually want to do that. Give me a thumbstick for camera control any day.[/QUOTE]

yes, no killer app at the moment... mayb (MAYBE) Dance Central has some potential but i dont want to move like an ass while my family - secretly - calls the doctor...

penchant for FAIL i have

I had to vote no since there are no release-day or any must have games on the horizon that I would want to play. I saw the Microsoft E3 press conference and was very disappointed. Unless the price goes significantly down, I'll be passing on this.

bread's done
Back