The Full Metal Off Topic Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is it that FMA looks so innocent that all this creppy sick stuff happens, like the chimeras, the fat dude who eats everyone, the guy who worked as a butcher and choped up women.

And that Armstong guy makes me laugh. :lol:

[quote name='zionoverfire']Why is it that FMA looks so innocent that all this creppy sick stuff happens, like the chimeras, the fat dude who eats everyone, the guy who worked as a butcher and choped up women.

And that Armstong guy makes me laugh. :lol:[/quote]

They like tricking people into thinking it's a happy little anime like Pokemon (Though the show is all about capturing wild animals who would probably rather stay wild and then forcing them to fight amongst each other), and then BAM! People are being blown up, arms are exploding, little girls and dogs are fused together. Wait till you meet Wrath. Now that's one fucked up kid.

Yeeeeeaaaaaaaahhhhh. The missus has only really ever liked Vampire Hunter D. Just about every other one was a no-go. She sees this, and remarks how nice and balanced the drama is. Five minutes into the first ep when they showed the shot of their mother, she was glued. Has been since. I, as well. Have the full run now (mostly sub-titled, but worth it). This is by far (IMO, of course) the darkest, most cynical anime I have ever seen, but, I can't deny the truths that it holds. If we lived in a world where this was common and practical all sorts of nast like the Chimera would be happening everywhere. It wouldn't be '13 year old kill 87 year old with skateboard'. No , he would have killed hime by transmographying him with the skateboard.

Simply put: I like their approach with both the Manga and Anime. It's not heroes that are have magical abilities in this story. They're human. Really gives it a certain...je ne ce quais (sp?)

[quote name='karsh'][quote name='zionoverfire']Why is it that FMA looks so innocent that all this creppy sick stuff happens, like the chimeras, the fat dude who eats everyone, the guy who worked as a butcher and choped up women.

They like tricking people into thinking it's a happy little anime like Pokemon (Though the show is all about capturing wild animals who would probably rather stay wild and then forcing them to fight amongst each other), and then BAM! People are being blown up, arms are exploding, little girls and dogs are fused together. Wait till you meet Wrath. Now that's one shaq-fued up kid.[/quote]

Well judging by the show so far he probably is, to bad my university is so damned port protected that I can't download any of this stuff. Trying to watch CN every week is a lot harder, especially when you've seen most of the shows years ago like Wolfs Rain and Ghost in the shell.

Laaaaaaaaame. I was hoping this was going to be about Full Metal Jacket.

I stand in protest of this faux Full Metal foppy-cock. :evil:

[quote name='zionoverfire'][quote name='karsh'][quote name='zionoverfire']Why is it that FMA looks so innocent that all this creppy sick stuff happens, like the chimeras, the fat dude who eats everyone, the guy who worked as a butcher and choped up women.

They like tricking people into thinking it's a happy little anime like Pokemon (Though the show is all about capturing wild animals who would probably rather stay wild and then forcing them to fight amongst each other), and then BAM! People are being blown up, arms are exploding, little girls and dogs are fused together. Wait till you meet Wrath. Now that's one shaq-fued up kid.[/quote]

Well judging by the show so far he probably is, to bad my university is so damned port protected that I can't download any of this stuff. Trying to watch CN every week is a lot harder, especially when you've seen most of the shows years ago like Wolfs Rain and Ghost in the shell.[/quote]

Just watch it on Thursday nights if you can't on the weekend since they replay them then. Though it might not matter anyway. I like the show, as it's pretty cool, weird, funny, and religious at the same time. I liked the part where that one kid takes Al and the suit and uses him as armor, then Al pretends to be a possess him to get him to get out of the suit.

[quote name='Ledhed']Laaaaaaaaame. I was hoping this was going to be about Full Metal Jacket.

I stand in protest of this faux Full Metal foppy-cock. :evil:[/quote]

Who needs shit like crappy movies like that when you have people's HEADS EXPLODING CAUSE A GUY GRABBED HIM?!?!? HUH????? THAT'S WHAT I THOUGHT!!!!! BOOYAH!!!!

[quote name='Ledhed']Laaaaaaaaame. I was hoping this was going to be about Full Metal Jacket.

:lol: Full Metal Jacket is also good, but then this whole thread would just deteriorate into: you got Vietman Girfriend? Me soooo horney!

and Lee Ermy quotes.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[quote name='karsh']Who needs shit like crappy movies like that when you have people's HEADS EXPLODING CAUSE A GUY GRABBED HIM?!?!? HUH????? THAT'S WHAT I THOUGHT!!!!! BOOYAH!!!![/quote]

Hey, FMJ has exploding heads too y'know. That's what happens when you don't stomp Private Pyle's guts out.

[quote name='karsh']Pokemon (Though the show is all about capturing wild animals who would probably rather stay wild and then forcing them to fight amongst each other)[/quote]

That's where you're wrong. Almost all of Ash's pokemon chose to go with him willingly. Actually, I don't think he's caught a pokemon since pidgey. As for the fighting, its not like these pokemon are good for much else. I doubt you could use them for food or labor.

[quote name='CrashSpyro123'][quote name='zionoverfire'][quote name='karsh'][quote name='zionoverfire']Why is it that FMA looks so innocent that all this creppy sick stuff happens, like the chimeras, the fat dude who eats everyone, the guy who worked as a butcher and choped up women.

Well judging by the show so far he probably is, to bad my university is so damned port protected that I can't download any of this stuff. Trying to watch CN every week is a lot harder, especially when you've seen most of the shows years ago like Wolfs Rain and Ghost in the shell.[/quote]

Just watch it on Thursday nights if you can't on the weekend since they replay them then. Though it might not matter anyway. I like the show, as it's pretty cool, weird, funny, and religious at the same time. I liked the part where that one kid takes Al and the suit and uses him as armor, then Al pretends to be a possess him to get him to get out of the suit.[/quote]

:shock: It's also on Thursday nights, I didn't know that! And yeah I saw that episode learning about the armstrong line. :lol:

[quote name='Ledhed'][quote name='karsh']Who needs shit like crappy movies like that when you have people's HEADS EXPLODING CAUSE A GUY GRABBED HIM?!?!? HUH????? THAT'S WHAT I THOUGHT!!!!! BOOYAH!!!![/quote]

Hey, FMJ has exploding heads too y'know. That's what happens when you don't stomp Private Pyle's guts out.[/quote]

Yes, but I find Kubrick to be a pretentious piece of shit, so I wouldn't want to be talking about FMJ. I've never seen why people like him so much. I don't find him to be that great of a director. Gimme Christopher Nolan any day. His movies (or at least Memento), are innovative.

[quote name='karsh'][quote name='Ledhed'][quote name='karsh']Who needs shit like crappy movies like that when you have people's HEADS EXPLODING CAUSE A GUY GRABBED HIM?!?!? HUH????? THAT'S WHAT I THOUGHT!!!!! BOOYAH!!!![/quote]

Hey, FMJ has exploding heads too y'know. That's what happens when you don't stomp Private Pyle's guts out.[/quote]

Yes, but I find Kubrick to be a pretentious piece of shit, so I wouldn't want to be talking about FMJ. I've never seen why people like him so much. I don't find him to be that great of a director. Gimme Christopher Nolan any day. His movies (or at least Memento), are innovative.[/quote]

Memento was amazing, I think people really enjoy the first half of FMJ and that's why the movie is loved, I think Kubrick's biggest accomplishment was not due to his directing abilities but rather in his ability to bring movies that no one else would consider to the masses. Look at Dr. Strangelove, Clockwork Orange and 2001 how many directors would want to take on projects like that?

[quote name='karsh']I find Kubrick to be a pretentious piece of shit.[/quote]

That's quite a statement. I admit some of his films get more credit than they deserve (2001 esp.), but to call him a piece of shit? In contrast to fucking Nolan no less?

I like Memento, but thus far that's all he's done worth mentioning. He's got a long way to go before he can even sniff Kubrick's shoes. He's in the infancy of his career right now.

We'll see how Batman Begins goes, then we'll talk.

[quote name='zionoverfire'][quote name='CrashSpyro123'][quote name='zionoverfire'][quote name='karsh'][quote name='zionoverfire']Why is it that FMA looks so innocent that all this creppy sick stuff happens, like the chimeras, the fat dude who eats everyone, the guy who worked as a butcher and choped up women.

Just watch it on Thursday nights if you can't on the weekend since they replay them then. Though it might not matter anyway. I like the show, as it's pretty cool, weird, funny, and religious at the same time. I liked the part where that one kid takes Al and the suit and uses him as armor, then Al pretends to be a possess him to get him to get out of the suit.[/quote]

:shock: It's also on Thursday nights, I didn't know that! And yeah I saw that episode learning about the armstrong line. :lol:[/quote]

Yeah, they replay the anime every week on Thursday, so if you miss it on Saturday, just catch it Thursday night.

[quote name='dcfox'][quote name='karsh']Pokemon (Though the show is all about capturing wild animals who would probably rather stay wild and then forcing them to fight amongst each other)[/quote]

That's where you're wrong. Almost all of Ash's pokemon chose to go with him willingly. Actually, I don't think he's caught a pokemon since pidgey. As for the fighting, its not like these pokemon are good for much else. I doubt you could use them for food or labor.[/quote]

What if all they wanted to do was frolick in the wilderness??? HMMMMM???

And yeah, of course Ash's pokemon choose to go with them...If they didn't, he'd throw the fucking ball at them anyway. Best to get on his good side. And you think they enjoy living in that cramped little ball? I know I wouldn't!

[quote name='Ledhed'][quote name='karsh']I find Kubrick to be a pretentious piece of shit.[/quote]

That's quite a statement. I admit some of his films get more credit than they deserve (2001 esp.), but to call him a piece of shit? In contrast to shaq-fuing Nolan no less?

I like Memento, but thus far that's all he's done worth mentioning. He's got a long way to go before he can even sniff Kubrick's shoes. He's in the infancy of his career right now.

We'll see how Batman Begins goes, then we'll talk.[/quote]

I think all of Kubrick's movies are overrated. I have yet to see one I really enjoy, and I've seen most of them. And yeah, that's all Nolan has done so far, but it's far and away better than anything Kubrick did in his career. Indeed we'll see how Batman Begins goes. Cause if it sucks, it is Nolan's fault solely, cause that cast is fucking awesome.

[quote name='CrashSpyro123']
Yeah, they replay the anime every week on Thursday, so if you miss it on Saturday, just catch it Thursday night.[/quote]

:oops: Well don't I feel sheepish.

[quote name='karsh'][quote name='dcfox'][quote name='karsh']Pokemon (Though the show is all about capturing wild animals who would probably rather stay wild and then forcing them to fight amongst each other)[/quote]

That's where you're wrong. Almost all of Ash's pokemon chose to go with him willingly. Actually, I don't think he's caught a pokemon since pidgey. As for the fighting, its not like these pokemon are good for much else. I doubt you could use them for food or labor.[/quote]

And yeah, of course Ash's pokemon choose to go with them...If they didn't, he'd throw the shaq-fuing ball at them anyway. Best to get on his good side. And you think they enjoy living in that cramped little ball? I know I wouldn't![/quote]

Well, they seem to materialize into the ball so they're probably just fine in the balls. He lets a few of them just walk with him and the others he never uses he lets others take care of them and they have fun, too. It's not exactly like there's any labor or quality of life breaches in the show since everyone has pokemon.

[quote name='karsh']I think all of Kubrick's movies are overrated. I have yet to see one I really enjoy, and I've seen most of them. And yeah, that's all Nolan has done so far, but it's far and away better than anything Kubrick did in his career. Indeed we'll see how Batman Begins goes. Cause if it sucks, it is Nolan's fault solely, cause that cast is shaq-fuing awesome.[/quote]

As much as I love Memento, it's a big gimmick. If it were sequenced chronologically, it would be a hammy suspense thriller. It lives on it's hook.

But it doesn't hold a candle to Spartacus, Strangelove, fuck I could go on for a while with this. To each his own I suppose.

[quote name='zionoverfire'][quote name='CrashSpyro123'][quote name='zionoverfire'][quote name='karsh'][quote name='zionoverfire']Why is it that FMA looks so innocent that all this creppy sick stuff happens, like the chimeras, the fat dude who eats everyone, the guy who worked as a butcher and choped up women.

:shock: It's also on Thursday nights, I didn't know that! And yeah I saw that episode learning about the armstrong line. :lol:[/quote]

I hadn't known either. Oh well, I'll probably buy all the dvds since I love the show and that I've already missed a few episodes here and there.

[quote name='CrashSpyro123'][quote name='karsh'][quote name='dcfox'][quote name='karsh']Pokemon (Though the show is all about capturing wild animals who would probably rather stay wild and then forcing them to fight amongst each other)[/quote]

And yeah, of course Ash's pokemon choose to go with them...If they didn't, he'd throw the shaq-fuing ball at them anyway. Best to get on his good side. And you think they enjoy living in that cramped little ball? I know I wouldn't![/quote]

Well, they seem to materialize into the ball so they're probably just fine in the balls. He lets a few of them just walk with him and the others he never uses he lets others take care of them and they have fun, too. It's not exactly like there's any labor or quality of life breaches in the show since everyone has pokemon.[/quote]

And how do you think the ones in the balls feel when they come out and see Pikachu is always walking with Ash, yet they're stuck in a little ball. They feel like shit.

*Steps onto his soap box*

I'm here to tell you....That Ash is a horrible person! He treats his pokemon like possessions! The only one he ever had real feelings for was a little electric rat...And we know how much you can trust a rat! We need to liberate these Pokemon from this FIEND! Free them! BACK INTO THE WILD!!! Where our hunters will be waiting with shotguns to put them out of their misery... YES! LET TODAY BE THE DAY! TAKE BACK THE WILDERNESS POKEMON!!!!!!!!!!!

[quote name='Ledhed'][quote name='karsh']I think all of Kubrick's movies are overrated. I have yet to see one I really enjoy, and I've seen most of them. And yeah, that's all Nolan has done so far, but it's far and away better than anything Kubrick did in his career. Indeed we'll see how Batman Begins goes. Cause if it sucks, it is Nolan's fault solely, cause that cast is shaq-fuing awesome.[/quote]

As much as I love Memento, it's a big gimmick. If it were sequenced chronologically, it would be a hammy suspense thriller. It lives on it's hook.

But it doesn't hold a candle to Spartacus, Strangelove, shaq-fu I could go on for a while with this. To each his own I suppose.[/quote]

Yes, it is a gimmick. But it's a gimmick that makes it an awesome movie. It may live on it's hook, but it's a damn fine hook if you ask me! But you're right, to each his own. I've just never understood the obsession with Kubrick. Maybe it's cause I will always blame him for taking my money when I saw Eyes Wide Shut...Stupid piece of shit movie!

Time for Karsh to go to bed...Me got an exam tomorrow to get ready for!

[quote name='karsh']Maybe it's cause I will always blame him for taking my money when I saw Eyes Wide Shut...Stupid piece of shit movie![/quote]

Couldn't agree more there. It's a shame that became his swan song.

[quote name='karsh'][quote name='CrashSpyro123'][quote name='karsh'][quote name='dcfox'][quote name='karsh']Pokemon (Though the show is all about capturing wild animals who would probably rather stay wild and then forcing them to fight amongst each other)[/quote]

Well, they seem to materialize into the ball so they're probably just fine in the balls. He lets a few of them just walk with him and the others he never uses he lets others take care of them and they have fun, too. It's not exactly like there's any labor or quality of life breaches in the show since everyone has pokemon.[/quote]

And how do you think the ones in the balls feel when they come out and see Pikachu is always walking with Ash, yet they're stuck in a little ball. They feel like shit.

*Steps onto his soap box*

I'm here to tell you....That Ash is a horrible person! He treats his pokemon like possessions! The only one he ever had real feelings for was a little electric rat...And we know how much you can trust a rat! We need to liberate these Pokemon from this FIEND! Free them! BACK INTO THE WILD!!! Where our hunters will be waiting with shotguns to put them out of their misery... YES! LET TODAY BE THE DAY! TAKE BACK THE WILDERNESS POKEMON!!!!!!!!!!![/quote]

Yeeeaaahhh..... :? They're almost retarded, they dont exactly care much about who does what when they get out of the ball. Ash treats his pokemon like friends, otherwise he wouldn't have that many pokemon without really catching any of them. Rattatas are real rat, so you're relation of Pikachu to a rat isn't all that true. Why are you getting all bent out of shape over the friendly treatment of the pokemon? They are pretty much free, with many living freely while some become friends with humans. There are the small minority that aren't all that good, so they are generally excluded from these discussions.

[quote name='Trakan']shaq-fu this game! You win Grandma!

I'm going back to bed. It's too shaq-fuing early.[/quote]

Good morning and good night.

[quote name='MorbidAngel4Life']WHAT IS YOUR MAJOR MALFUNCTION, NUMBNUTS!

Oh wait, that's Full Metal Jacket.[/quote]

Oh, there are plenty of those.
I think we could fill a couple of pages if people started tossing those around.

[quote name='JSweeney'][quote name='MorbidAngel4Life']WHAT IS YOUR MAJOR MALFUNCTION, NUMBNUTS!

I think we could fill a couple of pages if people started tossing those around.[/quote]

You had best start shitting me Tiffany cufflinks, or I will definitely fuck you up!

[quote name='MorbidAngel4Life'][quote name='JSweeney'][quote name='MorbidAngel4Life']WHAT IS YOUR MAJOR MALFUNCTION, NUMBNUTS!

I think we could fill a couple of pages if people started tossing those around.[/quote]

You had best start shitting me Tiffany cufflinks, or I will definitely shaq-fu you up![/quote]

How tall are you, private?

Sir, five-foot-nine, sir.

Five-foot-nine, I didn't know they stacked shit that high.

[quote name='Trakan'][quote name='MorbidAngel4Life'][quote name='JSweeney'][quote name='MorbidAngel4Life']WHAT IS YOUR MAJOR MALFUNCTION, NUMBNUTS!

You had best start shitting me Tiffany cufflinks, or I will definitely shaq-fu you up![/quote]

How tall are you, private?

Sir, five-foot-nine, sir.

Five-foot-nine, I didn't know they stacked shit that high.[/quote]

Who said that?

Who the fuck said that!?

Who's the slimy Communist-shit-twinkle-toed cocksucker who just signed his own goddamned death warrant!?

AWWWW, Traky is
sleepy.gif

I really hope Crash realized I was fucking joking about the Pokemon. I think the line about SHOOTING THEM would make someone realize that. And we know Ash is a dirty communist. :wink:

I seriously love that picture posted in my first post. Even though there's some SLIGHT spoilers in it, there's nothing too bad in it. I just love how it has pretty much EVERY character in the series in one background. It's quality!

[quote name='karsh']I seriously love that picture posted in my first post. Even though there's some SLIGHT spoilers in it, there's nothing too bad in it. I just love how it has pretty much EVERY character in the series in one background. It's quality![/quote]

Looks good, even though I've never seen FMA.

[quote name='MorbidAngel4Life'][quote name='karsh']I seriously love that picture posted in my first post. Even though there's some SLIGHT spoilers in it, there's nothing too bad in it. I just love how it has pretty much EVERY character in the series in one background. It's quality![/quote]

Looks good, even though I've never seen FMA.[/quote]

Not worth it IMHO. Go watch some NGE :twisted:

[quote name='dcfox'][quote name='MorbidAngel4Life'][quote name='karsh']I seriously love that picture posted in my first post. Even though there's some SLIGHT spoilers in it, there's nothing too bad in it. I just love how it has pretty much EVERY character in the series in one background. It's quality![/quote]

Not worth it IMHO. Go watch some NGE :twisted:[/quote]

RAGE!! RAGE!!!!! KARSH SMASH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*Karsh destroys everyone from NGE and then kills every DVD and videotape and fansub of NGE*

DIE CRAPPY SHOWS!!! KARSH SMASH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:wink:

m off for a few days, i am going to ny to shoot an mc chris show tonight XoD

should be back tomarrow or saturday...until then morbid is in charge.

[quote name='punqsux']m off for a few days, i am going to ny to shoot an mc chris show tonight XoD

should be back tomarrow or saturday...until then morbid is in charge.[/quote]

WOOHOO!!!!

[quote name='Trakan'][quote name='punqsux']until then morbid is in charge.[/quote]

No!!!!!!!!!!!!![/quote]

You don't want me in charge? *Morbid-Clones Trak*

[quote name='karsh'][quote name='dcfox'][quote name='MorbidAngel4Life'][quote name='karsh']I seriously love that picture posted in my first post. Even though there's some SLIGHT spoilers in it, there's nothing too bad in it. I just love how it has pretty much EVERY character in the series in one background. It's quality![/quote]

Not worth it IMHO. Go watch some NGE :twisted:[/quote]

RAGE!! RAGE!!!!! KARSH SMASH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*Karsh destroys everyone from NGE and then kills every DVD and videotape and fansub of NGE*

DIE CRAPPY SHOWS!!! KARSH SMASH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:wink:[/quote]

*Gamma irradiated Karsh flies to Japan to fight giant robots*

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back