Steam: Lead and Gold: Gangs of the Wild West ($7.49) (Free Weekend)

EliotAndrews

CAGiversary!
Feedback
24 (100%)
This seems to be the Weekend Deal.

header.jpg

Lead and Gold: Gangs of the Wild West - $7.49 (50% off)
http://store.steampowered.com/app/42120/

Metacritic: 70 / 100

I suppose people can buy the game and, perhaps indirectly, support the development of Fatshark's other undertaking: Bionic Commando: Rearmed 2.

Let's hope Rearmed 2 carries GRiN's torch well. Oh yes, and discuss this game too.

UPDATE: A 4-Pack for $22.48 has been added, allowing groups to pay $5.62 each.

UPDATE #2: EastX requested that I post this info on the CAG Lead and Gold group:

Lead and Gold Steam trading/group buy thread

f7eee273cfbb50e249d2e823780580034a77b09a_full.jpg

We now have a CAG Lead and Gold Steam group!

Last edited by a moderator:
I preordered to get into the beta and ended up getting it refunded. I liked the game but no dedicated server support pissed me off.

thanks

[quote name='JUDOHAWK']I preordered to get into the beta and ended up getting it refunded. I liked the game but no dedicated server support pissed me off.

thanks[/QUOTE]

The game is pretty fun. Just as an FYI to everyone there has been an update made to the game to add dedicated server support. So if that was the main complaint, consider it off the list :D. For the money it is very worth it. I enjoy playing it quite a bit and the price is right. But with a free weekend at hand try it out for yourself first, dont take my word for it. Good deal anyways OP thanks for the post. (I would link to the update page but im too new so I cannot :X )

I already played it, I played it before release. I know I like it, it's a fun game. But it was way too laggy and the community is kinda small for my liking.

Free weekends are the most amazing thing to happen to pc games. I never played pc games until Steam came around. I almost got this for ps3 but I don't really need another multiplayer game but for 7.50 I'd consider it after playing.

[quote name='talon2099']This seems like really bad timing on their part considering pretty much everyone is busy playing Alien Swarm right now.[/QUOTE]

Not necessarily. For the people that don't like scifi, a western could appeal to them.

I regretted not getting it during the summer sale even though it was pretty much an impulse buy, but a free weekend should tell me for sure whether it's worth it to me. Awesome.

Something about this game screams TF2 rip off. Not saying it's an exact clone, but meh...for a free weekend I might give it a whirl.

I played in Beta and purchased it at release. While I don't play it all the time, I'm very impressed with the game. It has a different feel to it than TF2, Maniac Mansion.

It's well worth a purchase.

Yeah, I picked this up during the pre-order phase and it was pretty buggy in the early stages, but it seems to be a lot smoother now for the most part. Its a great game to pick up and play for a few minutes on a lunch break, etc.

I wouldn't really compare it to Team Fortress 2 though: it's got similarities, but I would say the pace is a bit different and there's more of a focus on "shooter" skills than general tactics.

I haven't played too much but I played for a good 2 1/2 hours after I picked it up and had a fun, but frustrating time. Firefights are pretty much over in about a second and watch out for Gunslingers spamming fan and for the Blaster's shotgun. If he's close enough, he'll one-shot you.

Hmm I almost got this also was watching this ailttle before it came out then hads me a baby so lost track. I'm def gonna try it this weekend.

Really wish I could get in on the free weekend, but I'm gonna be away from my comp for a week starting tomorrow. Guess I'll just wait a while and try it later.

i wanted to grab this up during summer sale, but i missed it that day. Looks fun, but a previous warning about nobody really on hmmmmm

[quote name='Maniac Mansion']Something about this game screams TF2 rip off. Not saying it's an exact clone, but meh...for a free weekend I might give it a whirl.[/QUOTE]

How could that be a bad thing.... TF2 is godly.

this now has a four pack bundle. Anyone grabbin this and wants to do a 4 pack count me in

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got done with a marathon session. Did pretty well for the first hour or two, then a bunch of Gunslingers came in and started spamming fan. It's so fucking OP it's not even funny. Basically turns his revolver into a machine gun.

I like shooting things, so I picked it up. Feel free to add me as a friend if you want to play. I joined the CAG group.

bread's done
Back