Capcom Iphone game sale $0.99 (1942: Joint Strike, Mega Man II, Dark Void Zero,etc..

Bug42

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
Capcom is having an IPhone game sale to celebrate Comic-Con.
The following games are $0.99 (1942: Joint Strike, Mega Man II, Dark Void Zero, Are You Smarter Than A 5TH Grader? 2010, Who Wants To Be A Millionaire 2010)

linky

I bought MM2 a while back for $0.99. it is odd playing it without buttons.
there are two modes, a slower mode and a mode that plays at the speed of the original.
haven't invested the time to beat it, but i am not looking forward to wily 4 and limited crash bombs...
i think there is a demo of Woodman's level, so check it out.
if it makes a difference, I am playing on a iPhone 3G.

[quote name='sying']Mega Man II should be a automatic buy.

I wonder if they will put SFIV at a reasonable price... say 4.99?[/QUOTE]

Actually I read the control is terrible for Mega Man and stay far away.

controls work well enough, it just takes getting used to.
pretend you are playing MM2 on an NES controller, but the screen is in the middle of the control.
the slow mode makes up for control troubles, since it slows down everything's movement.
you can also play portrait style, which feels like playing mega man on an old school gameboy. I like landscape style better because the "dpad" and "buttons" are farther apart.
like I said, there is a MM2 Lite, so check that out before you buy the full version.

Thanks OP, picked up Dark Void Zero.

Anyone else got an opinion on MM2?
I loved the Gameboy version, I think it's the only MM game I've ever finished.

I have MM2 and I can say the controls take some getting used to and can be really difficult on jumping stages, so much so that I stopped trying to play it.

Heads up to everyone, Phoenix Wright is 2.99 and includes all 5 of the original GBA games. IMO Phoenix Wright is about the most innovative handheld game I played while owning a DS, I loved those games.

From the iPhone game deals thread:

[quote name='Showstoppa42']Capcom sale part 2!:

We’ve dropped the price on our most popular iPhone games in celebration of the awesomeness that is Comic Con.

Street Fighter IV $9.99 => $6.99

Resident Evil DEGENERATION $4.99 => $2.99

Resident Evil 4 $4.99 => $2.99

Resident Evil 4 iPad Edition $6.99 => $2.99

Phoenix Wright $4.99 => $2.99

Street Fighter 4, Resident Evil DEGENERATION, Resident Evil 4, Resident Evil 4 iPad Edition and Phoenix Wright will only be on sale until the 25th.
Get ‘em before they go back to full price.[/QUOTE]

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=262372

I have to recommend both Dark Void and Mega Man. Mega Man's controls are a little weird to get used to at first but once you figure them out it is a good game. Dark Void on the other hand controls very well and is very fun to play. Plus they are only 99 cents a piece....What else you gonna do with 2 bucks? Buy a burger and fries off the dollar menu and eat them while you cry and regret not purchasing these two games instead?

[quote name='mr_bungle']Heads up to everyone, Phoenix Wright is 2.99 and includes all 5 of the original GBA games. IMO Phoenix Wright is about the most innovative handheld game I played while owning a DS, I loved those games.[/QUOTE]

Do you mean 5 CASES, not 5 games? There weren't 5 games.

I bough MM2 a while ago for $0.99. I agree the controls take some getting used to but it is still fun to play. I'd say it is worth $0.99 although I'd still rather play it on NES

[quote name='mr_bungle']Heads up to everyone, Phoenix Wright is 2.99 and includes all 5 of the original GBA games.[/QUOTE]

You mean DS games... and what?

If you purchase PW you also get Apollo, et al? You must be confused and/or mean something else.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sweeeet, patience paid off on Street fighter 4. :applause:

I'll be buying:
-Street Fighter 4
-Dark Void Zero
-Mega Man II

Any thoughts/reviews on Resident Evil 4?

[quote name='yarkitty123']You mean DS games... and what?

If you purchase PW you also get Apollo, et al? You must be confused and/or mean something else.[/QUOTE]

He was right about the GBA thing, they WERE originally GBA games. But he had to have meant cases, not games.

[quote name='tooshorty6432168']What about the resident evil games? Can anyone recommend those either?

So far I think I'll be picking up:
Dark Void Zero
Phoenix Wright
Mega Man II[/QUOTE]

Degeneration or whatever it's called is pretty good. Not as good as like 1-4, but it does actually feel like a real game and controls okay.

Of course it makes me want a PSP Resident Evil even more...

[quote name='dubbfoolio']in for dark void zero. I'm in for phoenix wright too if it turns out I haven't played all the cases already.[/QUOTE]

I bought it on my iPhone yesterday. It's the same as the first Phoenix Wright on the NDS, which I beat years ago. From the screen shots, I didn't recognized any familiar shots, so I thought it's a new iPhone only game. It's not. It is the same 5 cases as in the first game on the NDS.

Not regretting my purchase though. I'm going to play through them all again!:bouncy:

$3 to rent the first Phoenix Wright isn't a bad price at all, and I'd guess it actually controls decently with a touch screen (though I'd still prefer real controls, if price isn't an issue).

I managed to complete it, which is a rarity with point and click style games.

[quote name='Purkeynator']Actually I read the control is terrible for Mega Man and stay far away.[/QUOTE]

I retract my last statement, the controls are indeed atrocious and you should run away. Buy the MM Collection on XBOX or GC instead

bread's done
Back