cheapest place to buy college textbooks?

wwe101

CAGiversary!
Feedback
11 (100%)
where do you buy yours from? im looking for this book ISBN 0-538-77966-7

my school has it for over $125. is there anywhere i can buy or rent it for cheaper?

check craigslist... also check your college's billboard thingy, some students sometimes post ads and sell their books cheap.

does your college have a library? sometimes they sell used ones for a fraction of the price :)

Find out beforehand if your class even cracks open the book. I've took a few that never even used the textbook. Pissed me off.

[quote name='ananag112']http://www.abebooks.com/

What book is that? Are you sure that is the correct ISBN number?[/QUOTE]

this is copy and pasted straight from the page

Chemistry Vol 1 Custom Loose-Leaf & Owl Access Pac, RegerSwBinding PackCopyright 10Edition 3ISBN 0-538-77966-7

and it says required. do they not use the book evenif it says required sometimes? should i just wait till classes start before i buy anything?

Amazon and Ebay are great places too look as well. Like others have said, ask around if the class opens the book. Find out the differences between the last edition and the current edition. Usually it's only a couple of pages and a couple of pictures. Difference in price is alot.

[quote name='wwe101']where do you buy yours from? im looking for this book ISBN 0-538-77966-7

my school has it for over $125. is there anywhere i can buy or rent it for cheaper?[/QUOTE]

This is a bundle ISBN.

http://b2bcatalog.cengage.com/answersplus/lpext.dll?f=XMLHitList&qf=DCQuery&ht=catalog.xml&q=[field,ISBN:0538779667]&xsl=productdescription.xsl

Does it come with any kind of access codes? I'm a college bookstore manager and we can't rent anything with access codes as they are one time use only.

Well, its a bundle. Its probably the textbook, student solution guide, and study guide bundled together. You will probably be able to get it cheaper if you buy the three items separately. As others have suggested, you should probably go to class first and see if you will even need the book.

One thing I liked about WI schools is that I didn't have to worry about expensive textbooks because textbook rental was included in the cost of tuition (I bet that's changed in the past 10 years I've been in school)

bigwords.com

I stopped purchasing books around my 2nd year unless I absolutely had to.. as most of the time, they are useless.

I usually go for Amazon and buy the edition prior to the one that the professor wants and then re sell it on Ebay and if I cant on Ebay then I trade it in back to Amazon and get some games :D ahaha

bread's done
Back