[Dead] Telltale Sale: Full Season of Strong Bad $5, Sam & Max $10

It's kind of frustrating that they run sales so frequently on the PC versions of their games, but there's never been on sale on the XBLA ones...

Not to derail your thread, OP ;)

Man, I really want the disc versions of S1 and S2 for Sam and Max, but they lose the discount when I add them to my cart. Anyone else having the same problem?

Same thing with the SBCGFAP DVD. I suppose it's only on the digital version, even though it's posted on sale for both.

Such a good deal. You'd be crazy not to jump on these.

As for Steam integration, don't be so sure that they don't. Sam & Max Season 3 has been showing up on my Steam list as they're released, and I bought through Telltale. I can't verify that this is the case with anything else.

Last time they ran a sale on Strong Bad I got it..at checkout realized I was getting both the digital version and had the option to get the DVD for only the cost of shipping..this might be the same..

yup just looked at my receipt, $14.61 for 'Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People + Collector's DVD'

I ordered both Strong Bad and Sam and Max S2 even though I still haven't finished S&M S1 or Tales of Monkey Island.

I was able to get the free DVDs for Sam and Max season 1 and 2 by ordering the digital-only versions that had the discount listed, then going back to the order pages for the disc-only version and entering the order # I had for the digital versions. It made the disc price $0.00 at that point.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='macnbc']I was able to get the free DVDs for Sam and Max season 1 and 2 by ordering the digital-only versions that had the discount listed, then going back to the order pages for the disc-only version and entering the order # I had for the digital versions. It made the disc price $0.00 at that point.[/QUOTE]

How much did it come for shippng?

[quote name='Vegan']Pretty sure discs are shipping-only if you own the digital versions. Should be 8 bucks.[/QUOTE]

8 bucks?!?? Best Buy sells the Strong Bad DVD for $9.99...

I'd love to get the Strong Bad season, but I'd like to have the DVD version. If it's really $8 for shipping, that pretty much kills it..

Yeah, if you want the disc, you can get it for the price of shipping if you own the season. I've bought the Sam & Max season one and ToMI disks, and in both cases the shipping was less than $6.

The disks are nice for the bonus features, but I prefer the downloadable versions because they don't have a disk-check.

[quote name='Slappybob']BTW you have the title wrong It should be Full Seasons of Sam and Max $10 and Strong bad game $5

;)[/QUOTE]

?

Why? I'd consider the Strong Bad deal the better one, so I put that first...

Hmm, even though the site says you can get the Strongbad and Sam&Max seasons with DVD for the same price + shipping @ checkout they are charging me full price AND not giving me the "free" shipping for spending $50 or more!

EDIT: when I remove the Strongbad + DVD from the order the price for Sam & Max corrects and ends up with $4.81 shipping for the S&M DVD and my free Monkey Island DVD

Link.
All of the following are Windows unless specified.
Sam & Max Season 1: $9.95
Sam & Max Season 2 (with Mac version): $9.95
Strong Bad's Cool Game: $4.95
Sam & Max Devil's Playhouse (with Mac version) $24.95

Also some merch sales. Fill yer boots.

[edit] Bugger, missed that thread. Sorry!

Also do keep in mind that even though the Mac version of Season One of Sam & Max isn't available yet, if you buy it now you'll be able to download it as soon as it's dropped.

Hmmm...probably would've bought on Steam had I read further than the OP.
Oh well. Happy to have Strong Bad. And the fact that people complain that it's easy makes me even happier! I tend to not have the patience for most point & click games.

[quote name='cwi']How much did it come for shippng?[/QUOTE]

Shipping for both S1 and S2 discs together was $6.49 for me. (USPS First class CA to VA)

[quote name='ViolentLee']Hmmm...probably would've bought on Steam had I read further than the OP.
Oh well. Happy to have Strong Bad. And the fact that people complain that it's easy makes me even happier! I tend to not have the patience for most point & click games.[/QUOTE]

Sorry! Just got home, the OP is updated now.

Out of curiosity, why is it that some people prefer downloading their games through Steam? Isn't it just an extra layer of DRM? And can't you add shortcuts to non-steam games from the steam games list? Not trying to troll, just wondering.

[quote name='Justme8800']Out of curiosity, why is it that some people prefer downloading their games through Steam? Isn't it just an extra layer of DRM?[/QUOTE]No disc checks and/or no need to get NoDVD cracks to avoid having to have the disc. Don't have to worry about losing the disc. Basically, not having to worry about the disc.

I'm so bored of seeing DRM used as a kneejerk complaint. It's here, it's not onerous, get over it! I swear, if I could kill with my mind every idiot who posts "What's the DRM? If it has DRM, no sale!!!" about EVERYTHING, there'd be a lot less people on the Information Superhighway.

Gonna bite on Strong Bad. (That sounds terrible, doesn't it?)

[quote name='DirkBelig']No disc checks and/or no need to get NoDVD cracks to avoid having to have the disc. Don't have to worry about losing the disc. Basically, not having to worry about the disc.
I'm so bored of seeing DRM used as a kneejerk complaint. It's here, it's not onerous, get over it! I swear, if I could kill with my mind every idiot who posts "What's the DRM? If it has DRM, no sale!!!" about EVERYTHING, there'd be a lot less people on the Information Superhighway.[/QUOTE]

He was commenting on a post regarding SBCG4AP from Telltale's site vs. Steam. In this case, both distributors allow unlimited downloads: one (Telltale) without the negatives of Steam, and one (Steam) without the implementation of its unique features (Achievements, Cloud, etc.)

Didn't see any posts in this thread resembling the "knee-jerk" "idiots" you decry.

[quote name='DirkBelig']No disc checks and/or no need to get NoDVD cracks to avoid having to have the disc. Don't have to worry about losing the disc. Basically, not having to worry about the disc.

I'm so bored of seeing DRM used as a kneejerk complaint. It's here, it's not onerous, get over it! I swear, if I could kill with my mind every idiot who posts "What's the DRM? If it has DRM, no sale!!!" about EVERYTHING, there'd be a lot less people on the Information Superhighway.

Gonna bite on Strong Bad. (That sounds terrible, doesn't it?)[/QUOTE]

The irony of you complaining about knee-jerk reactions is not lost on me. :D Thanks for taking the time to respond, at least.

For the record, all Telltale games (including the Steam versions) have SecuROM DRM. If anyone is boycotting DRM, move along.

[quote name='cheapo72']He was commenting on a post regarding SBCG4AP from Telltale's site vs. Steam. In this case, both distributors allow unlimited downloads: one (Telltale) without the negatives of Steam, and one (Steam) without the implementation of its unique features (Achievements, Cloud, etc.)

Didn't see any posts in this thread resembling the "knee-jerk" "idiots" you decry.[/QUOTE]

So wait, does the Steam version come with achievements or something? Is that what I'm missing?

No Achievements that I can see. Played the tutorial and started a game and already have half of my money's worth from laughs in the writing. Great stuff.

[quote name='cheapo72']He was commenting on a post regarding SBCG4AP from Telltale's site vs. Steam. In this case, both distributors allow unlimited downloads: one (Telltale) without the negatives of Steam, and one (Steam) without the implementation of its unique features (Achievements, Cloud, etc.)

Didn't see any posts in this thread resembling the "knee-jerk" "idiots" you decry.[/QUOTE]

Actually, all Telltale releases sold and delivered through the Telltale website have DRM, and it is more bothersome than Steam. Once downloaded and installed, you have to activate your copy through an online check before you can run it. On Steam, Telltale games do not require a check and have no listed 3rd party DRMs. So I'm not sure what Steam "negatives" you are referring to here.

[quote name='Justme8800']The irony of you complaining about knee-jerk reactions is not lost on me. :D Thanks for taking the time to respond, at least.

For the record, all Telltale games (including the Steam versions) have SecuROM DRM. If anyone is boycotting DRM, move along.
[/QUOTE]

Steam copy has SecuROM? Source of this?
Not listed in the pretty comprehensive list of games with DRM on Steam compiled on their forum.
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=966005

Just ordered the DVD versions of both Strong Bad and Sam & Max Season 2 for $14.90 shipped. That's a pretty killer deal.

I prefer Steam over many of the sites just because its centralized, has good organization, and I know it will be around for awhile because of its popularity.

That being said, a deal is a deal and there are many other great sites/services out there, like gog.com or Impulse.

On topic, is Strong Bad worth the $5? I used to love the site, but haven't been there in a while. For what it's worth, I also love the Tales of Monkey Island.

[quote name='Justme8800']So wait, does the Steam version come with achievements or something? Is that what I'm missing?[/QUOTE]
[quote name='cheapo72']...and one (Steam) without the implementation of its unique features (Achievements, Cloud, etc.)[/QUOTE]

[quote name='TestType']So I'm not sure what Steam "negatives" you are referring to here.[/QUOTE]
I was just comparing the activation-then-play-offline of Telltale to Steam's wonky offline mode for one, IMO.

[quote name='GreatDoink']On topic, is Strong Bad worth the $5? I used to love the site, but haven't been there in a while. For what it's worth, I also love the Tales of Monkey Island.[/QUOTE]

YES!
:bouncy:

[quote name='TestType']Steam copy has SecuROM? Source of this?
Not listed in the pretty comprehensive list of games with DRM on Steam compiled on their forum.
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=966005[/QUOTE]

Hey, you're right! I could have sworn I read somewhere that the securom was in all versions. This answers my original question, thank you.

Let's see if I can rephrase that other statement I made... "For the record, all Telltale games have DRM, period." That was my point, anyways. :roll:

Let it ALSO be said that for the record I don't like DRM. Even Telltale's "super nice" DRM. I went on a 3-day train ride with my Sam & Max games on my laptop; little did I know, activating one episode doesn't automatically activate all episodes like it seems; the other episodes just do their online checks without notifying you at first boot. Needless to say, I didn't end up playing much Sam & Max on that trip. :wall:

This has gotten way off-topic, lol.

bread's done
Back