The Alicia Foxx wants to bone Masked Lemon Wrestling Thread

masked lemon

CAGiversary!
[youtube]-qGwiROsp3g[/youtube]

[youtube]bPEjG9fqYuM[/youtube]

John Cena is not better than Bryan Danielson.

Man, it's hard to search for wrestling videos on Youtube without having some jackass give his comments. All I wanted was a video of Roberts getting choked.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is everyone pretty much expecting Danielson to be back at the end of the 90 days?
[quote name='HydroX']Gay. This thread is way late. I vote for The Alicia Foxx wants to bone masked lemon Wrestling Thread.[/QUOTE]
I approve.

[quote name='masked lemon']Apparently it is, because I do not see the option.[/QUOTE]

You have to edit the first post, and it should be in a box somewhere in that screen.

It's pretty cool to draw more attention to something you were crying about us giving you shit for a week or two back, hombre.

in important news, from gerweck.net:
- Dave Meltzer is reporting that Vince McMahon has made the call that Shawn Michaels is to no longer be mentioned on air and at this time no footage of him will be shown. Micheals was very upset with the way the Bryan Danielson situation was dealt with and that combined with Vince still being upset that HBK left has put a serious strain on their relationship.

I'm taking this with a grain of salt. But we'll see.

If true, applause to Shawn Michaels for sticking up for one of his students, and a big "Good god" to Vince McMahon.

[quote name='mykevermin']It's pretty cool to draw more attention to something you were crying about us giving you shit for a week or two back, hombre.[/QUOTE]

No shit. "Look at me, look at meeeeeeeee!"

-----

Also, Beef - Of course I wasn't serious about Lance Storm coming into TNA. :lol: I'd love to see it, but after all the shit he's talked about them (a lot of it was deserved), I'm not sure even Dixie Carter would bring him in.

WWE T-shirts are redonkulously expensive. $40 for the Randy Orton t-shirt is absolutely insane. Not that I would wear that thing in public, but I would consider wearing this one.

This guy has some seriously awesome video clips/episodes posted. The FULL ECW invasion episode of Raw from 1997, some ECW on TNN (including the first episode, I think), some Shotgun Saturday Night, etc.. check it out

..and an Ultimate Warrior match from 2008 against Orlando Jordan in NWE.. I wasn't even aware of this match's existence.

Man, I'd love to have all of the episodes of ECW on TNN.

[quote name='mykevermin'] HBK stuff [/QUOTE]

That's the problem with Vince McMahon news... it all seems pretty plausible, even if it has no basis in reality.

My take is... well, why do they need to show footage or mention Michaels anyway? There aren't really any feuds that would require him being brought up, and it's not like we get a lot of non-recent footage anyway.

If there's any basis to it, I think it's because Vince *didn't* get to ride Michaels until he was used up, and he knows it. Michaels retired because he wanted to spend time with his kids, not because he had lost a step in the ring. I think, at the core, Vince will always resent a guy like that, because (A) it's bad for his business and (B) that is the exact opposite of who Vince is. Plus, as much as Michaels seems to have been outspoken about not being 'that guy', I'd find it hard to believe that Vince wouldn't be worried about another Flair situation.

I'va said it before, and I'll say it again... maybe it's because I'm an HBK mark, but I believe he's honestly retired. With him, I buy it. No matter the pomp and circumstance (I see what I did there), I never bought it with Flair. The low-key way he went out, to me, spoke volumes about the fact that he was truly walking away, and wanted to do it humbly. The point of this paragraph is... well, even if Vince is pissed, I doubt Michaels cares.

Which, really, is kind of fantastic.

[quote name='lombarvm']I would consider wearing this one.[/QUOTE]

I have that shirt. It's ok. Don't wear it much in public. The only other wrestling shirt I had (generic ROH shirt) I only wore to the gym, and it made it's way into a goodwill bag about 2-3 days ago.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']Also, Beef - Of course I wasn't serious about Lance Storm coming into TNA. :lol: I'd love to see it, but after all the shit he's talked about them (a lot of it was deserved), I'm not sure even Dixie Carter would bring him in.[/QUOTE]
Ha, that's what I thought - or hoped, at least. :lol:

And the only wrestling shirt I would be comfortable wearing in public would probably be the Big Show's new shirt. At least if it had the "Go Big or Get Lost" on the front of it.

I remember wearing my Austin 3:16 shirt when I was younger and thinking how cool I was. Now I know people probably thought I was disturbed, white trash, or both.

[quote name='Mr. Beef']I hear Tommy Dreamer cries.[/QUOTE]

If I worked for TNA, I'd be crying, too.

[quote name='007']If I worked for TNA, I'd be crying, too.[/QUOTE]
:lol:

Update on the Heyman/TNA stuff, from the Observer.
The Heyman deal is cold, but those close to the situation say they don’t believe it’s dead, only because at the end of the day, TNA has nowhere else to go and they see Heyman’s asking for points in the company as a negotiating tactic and not something he’d hold fast to. There is still a belief the sides need each other, but that the deal probably won’t be made all that soon.

Heyman actually emphasized that meeting with Carter that he didn’t believe in drastic changes or resets, but felt the only way to make it work was go with new talent as the key stars, use a few veterans for their credibility (similar to the role of Terry Funk in the 90s version of ECW) and try to do what WWE did when it comes to recruiting talent to wrestling and doing a developmental program. He expressed it was a multi-year plan and that expecting big results right away would be at the expense of building the necessary foundation.

According to one source close to the situation, Heyman outright told Carter of the older legends that they could keep one, but would have to get rid of most if not all the others, and she didn’t seem to understand why. That right there is an issue because Carter has been loyal to the stars of the past, and Eric Bischoff, Vince Russo and Jeff Jarrett all had the idea that the stars of the 90s when wrestling was hot were much bigger than the stars of today. And at an autograph convention, they are, but in getting people to watch TV week-in and week-out, it hasn’t been successful and if there’s anything TNA PPV numbers have shown, it’s that it’s kick ass shows consistently, and not soap opera, stips and matches that don’t deliver in the ring that is the key. And there is no building the future when concentrating on stars of the past.

And for better or worse, Carter seemingly won’t give anyone the power to hire or fire. Vince Russo wanted to get rid of people and she blocked that. Ironically, he may be the beneficiary here since she made it clear to Heyman that Russo has to stay. When the company talked with Jim Ross months back, and they wanted him to turn the company around, he still wasn’t going to be given that power.

[quote name='lombarvm']I remember wearing my Austin 3:16 shirt when I was younger and thinking how cool I was. Now I know people probably thought I was disturbed, white trash, or both.[/QUOTE]

Haha, same here. I have since lost that shirt, however I still own the "vintage" nWo and 4 Horsemen shirts, as well as the original DX shirt. I usually wear the DX shirt as an undershirt at work for when I'm ready to turn heel.

I still say Mongo being in the college football HOF last week > this crap

And after reading that TNA stuff.....this is why she's failing. Of course, this is all allegedly and not confirmed...but...

She's loyal to the people she watched on TV.
She's unaware of what the fans really NEED instead of what they want.
She's blind to the idea that Russo = crap.
She brought in the rift-raft mid-carders of WWE and main event them...which has had its successes and failures. And has seemingly created a mini-WWE
Due to budget reasons, they film mostly in one place. That place does not represent all of America!
She seemingly thought that if adding Hogan and Flair happened, she could compete against WWE. The most foolish business move in America this year!!!

Now, I'm not saying a woman cannot navigate a male driven world...but she cannot. And I'm sure her paw cannot neither or he would have helped out. And the people around her cannot. And the people she brings in cannot!!!!

TNA needs to be imploded for the fans sake. Just tear it down, start anew. I don't know much about all these other programs outside of WWE/TNA...but I'm sure SpikeTV could fare better hyping up a different one that didn't have such a clusterfuck around it

[quote name='Mr. Beef']Ha, that's what I thought - or hoped, at least. :lol:

And the only wrestling shirt I would be comfortable wearing in public would probably be the Big Show's new shirt. At least if it had the "Go Big or Get Lost" on the front of it.[/QUOTE]

The only wrestling shirt I'd ever wear in public was the old WWF Demolition shirt. I saw a vendor at a WWE show a few years ago wearing one. I was stinkin' drunk at the time and I think I offered $100 cash right there. He still said no.

Speaking of which, I found a bunch of old ticket stubs the other day - if they're to be believed, the last WWE show I attended live was Cyber Sunday in 2006.

Weirdly, I think shirts are a good gauge of just how popular wrestling is at any given time... late 90's, you (or, at least, I) saw Austin shirts everywhere. EVERYWHERE.

Now, I see maybe one shirt, always Cena, every couple of months.

I admit, back a few years ago, in college, I'd wear the original DX shirt once in a while, though always with an open button-up over top so it hid the 'suck it' on the back. Once DX actually came back, though, it pretty much put a stop to that. Certainly didn't want to be mistaken for a current wrestling fan in public. Heh.

The only wrestling shirt I have that I wear somewhat regularly is Kennedy's Talk Loud, Hit Harder shirt. It's kinda obscure enough that most normal people don't notice it as a wrestling shirt.

I'm not gonna lie though, I want the old Jerichohol shirt they are still selling on WWEShop.

I never have been a fan of wearing pro wrestling tees. The last wrestling tee I wore regularly was a green Ultimate Warrior shirt. I've worn sweatbands and other various accessories, but, even as I kid, I thought the tees were ugly.

Today's merchandise is a lot nicer and higher quality.

I'd probably wear this current WWE shirt:

http://www.wweshop.com/item/john-morrison-only-takes-one-top-rope-t-shirt/Tshirts/01-11856

Orton's "Lobotomy" tee shirt is real nice--if it didn't have his name on the back.

I wear these regularly

W02031X.jpg

73146.jpg

49042pi.jpg

triple-h.gif

Also have some others like a DX and Edge shirt but I only break those out if I cant find anything to wear.

[quote name='strongpimphand']TNA needs to be imploded for the fans sake. Just tear it down, start anew. I don't know much about all these other programs outside of WWE/TNA...but I'm sure SpikeTV could fare better hyping up a different one that didn't have such a clusterfuck around it[/QUOTE]

I'm a fan and I'd definitely rather not see TNA implode. :]

Sure, the low PPV buy rates might hurt the company, but I think TNA has done a pretty good job with the product lately. I'm hoping they continue doing what they have been.

about the title... I had other shit going on a week or two ago, and wasn't in a good place.

I'm better now, and if you guys want to rib me, I don't really care. I'll take it for what it is. I hope I have earned some small amount of respect from you for lurking a few years and just recently posting in the last year or so.

Plus, you asked me to change it, so I did... take it for what you will.

I wore my Dennis Rodman nWo shirt back in the day when the bulls were killing it and nWo was huge. back then I was a junior in HS and just about every guy was either wearing nWo, Austin or Rock shirts.. but then again I am on the redneck riviera of Florida.

[quote name='masked lemon']I'm better now, and if you guys want to rib me, I don't really care. I'll take it for what it is. I hope I have earned some small amount of respect from you for lurking a few years and just recently posting in the last year or so.[/QUOTE]

That's what I'm talking about.

And if you want to change your life for the better, get the fuck out of Pittsburgh.

After watching TNA last week and seeing the ECW invite-only invasion, I've had some time to collect a couple thoughts. These are 2 reason why I think that ECW isn't relevant to today's youth.

1. TNA's crowd can chant ECW! ECW! and Taz can call them ECW wrestlers, but guess what? To the average to casual wrestling fan, what is ECW to them? WWE/ECW, A failed, lousy show that wasn't even good enough to stay on Sci-Fi. In which, hardly any of ECW guys on TNA were even on during most of the show's runtime.

2. The most recent work that most of the ECW guys have done was for WWE in some way or obscured in the indies. By the time they were done with WWE, their characters were shells of their ECW glory, their losses surpassed their wins and they were seen as has-beens. So with them coming into TNA, only the hardcorest of ECW fans will have respect or even know who these guys are. Your average fan will see these guys as "The guy that was on WWE who lost all the time." So they are walking into TNA as broken wrestlers.

As much as I liked the real ECW and have mad respect for all these guys for their blood and sweat, I have little faith in TNA to do anything good with this. It will tarnish the ECW history even more than The Zombie did.

That's VERY interesting - Savage is working with WWE again? Or did WWE have the rights to a Macho Man figure?

If they got the rights, here's to hoping he's in the new Smackdown vs. Raw game as a legend.

I'm not sure how it works with Mattel, with Jakks and THQ they signed them to games and figures at the same time. Hopefully they do get him into the games now though.

bread's done
Back