Spider-Man Shattered Dimensions - now available! - Cosmic Spider DLC coming

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
[youtube]5aC6lbb7GXw[/youtube]

Good news and (sorta) bad news!

The good:

Neil Patrick Harris is voicing the Amazing Spider-Man. He was perfect in the CG animated series, so I am happy. The other 3 actors have also voiced the character before, so they should all sound good.

http://kotaku.com/5594610/neil-patrick-harris-one-of-the-many-voices-of-spider+man-in-new-game

Reviews

IGN
Kotaku
1up.com
GameInformer

DLC
spider-man-shattered-dimensions-20101009074945184.jpg

DLC announced

Surprise, the new Cosmic Spider-Man designs all look better than the original (IMO).

Last edited by a moderator:
awe man, this is just like Fallout: Las Vegas all over again.

thanks for sharing the news, eastx. I like'em Spidey games. gosh, 4 places to pre-order at...

I preordered mine from Amazon. I'm one of the few people who enjoyed the Iron Spider-man costume from Civil War. I do like the Universe Spidey outfit but I've boycotted gamestop. :|

I'm really bummed that K-mart is getting the Scarlet Spider outfit. I do hope they release DLC of it.

Like every single release we've had with DLC, the pre-order DLC eventually becomes available as purchasable DLC.

Purchase it from where you like to shop the most and pick up the DLC at a later time when it's available to all.

[quote name='shrike4242']Like every single release we've had with DLC, the pre-order DLC eventually becomes available as purchasable DLC.

Purchase it from where you like to shop the most and pick up the DLC at a later time when it's available to all.[/QUOTE]

It doesn't ALWAYS end up that way, sadly. A lot of the pre-order items from Dragon Age still go for a nice amount of cash because you simply can't get them on console without the code. I don't know about most other stuff, but like the Golden weapons for Gears 2, or Sgt. Johnson for Halo:eek:dst I don't think are up. I could be wrong. I just dislike the practice. I understand why it is this way, but I refuse to like it. ;)

Other than the golden weapons for gears 2 the others you listed were for any place you ordered from. I don't know why but I keep thinking Gears 2 had a different weapon that was gold for each place you ordered from but I could be wrong. Also Ghost Busters has yet to have all the preorder stuff from Game Stop and Amazon for download that I know of. If I pick this up it will be from Amazon.

Well I guess there is always eBay. I'm too tapped in Sept to spread my finances out over several pre-orders just to get what will hopefully be DLC

I really want Scarlet Spider! Man, fuck, I hope the GS and Amazon characters are the only ones that are preorder exclusive and the rest are unlockable ingame.

Purely speculation, but I think the Cosmic Spidey might be the only true exclusive. The Iron Spidey from Amazon was announced awhile ago, and I did some searching on it. It appears to be (and this is quoted from the official game site) "an unlock code". This phrase appears on the Amazon site too. So it could possibly be just an immediate unlock instead of having to be earned. The same could be guessed from the KMart and Best Buy ad snippets.

Gamestop has touted having an exclusive. The exact quote is "Pre-order today to get EXCLUSIVE access to an in-game playable character, Cosmic Spider-Man, only available with pre-orders. Unravel a unique Cosmic costume for each universe, totaling 4 all-new costumes for the game."

Hard to say at this point. Cosmic Spidey covers all 4 universes. There are 3 other "exclusive" DLC's and 2 other unlockables? Going with a 1:1 ratio for the costumes, we either need to be seeing 3 more alternate skins or one of the existing ones (Iron Spidey I would guess) is true exclusive DLC. I guess we will find out.

Kefka, I really hope you're right. I was thinking that everyone except Scarlet, Iron Spidey, and Cosmic would be DLC, but what you said makes a LOT more sense.

Some comic art:

Cosmic Spider-man
cosmicspidey.jpg

He looks so goofy to me in both this art and the GameStop image.

Iron Spider

ironspidey.jpg

Scarlet Spider
(Ben Reilly)
Scarlet-Spider-Ben-Reilly.jpg

And a nice statue of Negative Zone Spider-Man:
71463_press05.jpg

I don't think the game image they've released has enough contrast between his colors, but hopefully he looks better in-game.

After playing Web of Shadows, I have high hopes that this will be a great game.

I'm liking the Iron Spider and Scarlet Spider (obviously) but Mangaverse (really?) and Cosmic Spider-Man look fucking goofy as hell.

I feel like a giant nerd for posting this, but

Who remembers the Wizard Spidey?
http://img111.imageshack.us/img111/3938/spiderman0002wh2.jpg
(image was WAAAYY to big to post)

Secondly, you have to remember the reason that Cosmic Spidey looks the way he does is because he is infused with the Uni-power thus making him Captain Universe. Each hero that acts as a host for the Uni-Power has taken on part of the theme. Over the years the universe looking theme has toned down a bit. You can look at the Marvel wiki and compare newer incarnations to the original posted below. Also, ComicVine has a good write-up (Where I stole the pic)

OG: Captain Universe
1154999-spotlight_v2_11_31_ad_super.jpg

Damn I really want to look forward to this, but the last good Spider-man game was Ultimate Spider-man. I'm sure I'll pick it up eventually but if the reviews are good this could be a day one purchase for me. And I really want that Scarlet Spider costume!

I still have the Wizard Spidey card some place. I forgot all about it. The thing came free with that issue. I forgot what card game it was for but I do remember it being for some sort of Marvel card game.

[quote name='sendme']I still have the Wizard Spidey card some place. I forgot all about it. The thing came free with that issue. I forgot what card game it was for but I do remember it being for some sort of Marvel card game.[/QUOTE]

Overpower.... ughh I spent too much money (around $100-$150, but that was a ton of allowance) on that crap. Luckily I stopped before the 2nd or 3rd money-grab, I mean expansion.

Ugh... I'd prefer both Cosmic and Scarlet (Impact Webbing FTW!) had their own damn campaign. None the less I have been waiting to play as both of them for YEARS in a video game. I'll gladly wait for a price drop and the eventual DLC costume package we ALL know is going to show up in due time.

Ha, I forgot allllll about WIzard Spider-man! since we're talking about random costumes, I'd really like it if they added the Hulk-Spidey or Ricochet as a costume! I love Ricochet's color-scheme.

Not digging that India Spider-man. 1602's okay though.

As for Cosmic Spider-man, he might be okay if the white atom things weren't drawn on the blue portion of the body. But even then, it's a hopelessly old-fashioned and 2nd rate design.

as far as the pre order costumes go i only really like scarlet spidey, thats too hot to trot. i also like spider amor but the others look buttocks ugly to me. i havent played a spider-man game sense ultimate spider man on PS2 and this one is really peaking my interest.i like the idea of playing through 4 different eras of spider-man, ive also been really tempted to try out web of shadows.

[quote name='reddjoey']Overpower.... ughh I spent too much money (around $100-$150, but that was a ton of allowance) on that crap. Luckily I stopped before the 2nd or 3rd money-grab, I mean expansion.[/QUOTE]

No one I knew ever played it. I always wanted to infact I think I bought a few packs of cards. Hell the only card game my friends would ever play was that DBZ CCG and then Magic. Their was another one but the comic shop owners sister played it and got everyone into it. It was some sort of western CCG that had poker in it also. I forgot the name of it but I think everyone played it because it was a female that played it. After that the store owner raised the prices on the packs. Overpower and the MK games were both ones I wanted to play but never got anyone else to. Maybe they will have different costumes out for this as DLC and Wizard Spider will be one of them. Maybe each will be different other than just look.

[quote name='sublime90']as far as the pre order costumes go i only really like scarlet spidey, thats too hot to trot. i also like spider amor but the others look buttocks ugly to me. i havent played a spider-man game sense ultimate spider man on PS2 and this one is really peaking my interest.i like the idea of playing through 4 different eras of spider-man, ive also been really tempted to try out web of shadows.[/QUOTE]

I liked Web of Shadows. The voice acting and story were lame but combat is addicting. Having 2 different move sets was fun. Classic Spidey being all about speed and more hits while Dark Spidey was about power. But another thing I'm sick of is the setting. New York city again!?! This is like the 5th Spidey game to do this, it's old now.

It looks like the aerial combat from WoS made it's way to Shattered Dimensions (which is a good thing). Actually the dimension I'm most excited for is 2099. Jumping around in the future is intriguing.

i'll keep my eyes peeled for web of shadows on the cheap and give it a try. 2099 does look pretty sweet. i also like the first person view/fighting leading up to the boss battle, thats a pretty neat idea. noir seems cool to but i hope its not too easy and basic. from the video it looks super easy, hide in the shadow take out bad guy rinse and repeat.

[quote name='sendme']No one I knew ever played it. I always wanted to infact I think I bought a few packs of cards. Hell the only card game my friends would ever play was that DBZ CCG and then Magic. Their was another one but the comic shop owners sister played it and got everyone into it. It was some sort of western CCG that had poker in it also. I forgot the name of it but I think everyone played it because it was a female that played it. After that the store owner raised the prices on the packs. Overpower and the MK games were both ones I wanted to play but never got anyone else to. Maybe they will have different costumes out for this as DLC and Wizard Spider will be one of them. Maybe each will be different other than just look.[/QUOTE]

You didn't miss much. I think I played less than 25 complete games. After I got out they added DC and they added a fourth attribute (the OG Marvel ones had 3) and changed everything. Were you going to go back and rebuy/replace all those cards? Then they added Image and more expansions.... The only nice thing I will ever say about it it that some of the art was awesome. Sometimes I look at the prices on eBay and debate on if it's worth it to have around.

Back on topic...

I heard on several podcasts/interviews that the webslinging is taken from the Spiderman 2 (IIRC) or the good one.

LOL @ the Overpower talk. I still have a full collection. Tried unloading it, but I wasn't getting a lot of demand. Especially considering how much of it I have.

I still have spider man on the xbox just because the swinging was so awesome, even after beating it I'd throw it in just to go swinging around the city. If this has the same setup I'm there.

[quote name='Lord_Kefka']Purely speculation, but I think the Cosmic Spidey might be the only true exclusive. The Iron Spidey from Amazon was announced awhile ago, and I did some searching on it. It appears to be (and this is quoted from the official game site) "an unlock code". This phrase appears on the Amazon site too. So it could possibly be just an immediate unlock instead of having to be earned. The same could be guessed from the KMart and Best Buy ad snippets.

Gamestop has touted having an exclusive. The exact quote is "Pre-order today to get EXCLUSIVE access to an in-game playable character, Cosmic Spider-Man, only available with pre-orders. Unravel a unique Cosmic costume for each universe, totaling 4 all-new costumes for the game."

Hard to say at this point. Cosmic Spidey covers all 4 universes. There are 3 other "exclusive" DLC's and 2 other unlockables? Going with a 1:1 ratio for the costumes, we either need to be seeing 3 more alternate skins or one of the existing ones (Iron Spidey I would guess) is true exclusive DLC. I guess we will find out.[/QUOTE]

I'm thinking along these lines; everything states "unlock" code besides the Cosmic. We would most likely just have access to them right away.

The only thing I don't like as much is that the alt costumes seem to be available once per level. Amazon clearly states that Iron-Spider is available in 2099, and every pic out seems to correspond to that statement.

[quote name='Pirate331']NPH and Chris Barns make this mighty tempting... I'll wait to see if they announce Italian Spiderman though.

untitled-5.jpg

pirate331
[/QUOTE]

Haha, I was waiting for someone to post this.

[quote name='Bloodbooger']I'm thinking along these lines; everything states "unlock" code besides the Cosmic. We would most likely just have access to them right away.

The only thing I don't like as much is that the alt costumes seem to be available once per level. Amazon clearly states that Iron-Spider is available in 2099, and every pic out seems to correspond to that statement.[/QUOTE]

So here's the bad news/deal. It's was said by Activision's community manager Dan "OneofSwords" that GameStop's preorder bonus is exclusive in the sense that all the others are unlocked through gameplay. He did voice his disdain that it's screwing fans not preordering at GS.

[quote name='Lord_Kefka']Gamestop screwing someone? Unheard of! :)[/QUOTE]

Considering it's the only dumb costume, I think we actually won this time :D

The Cosmic Spider-Man is probably my least favorite. Unless he has the cosmic powers come attached I'd prefer Spider-Bag-Man.

[quote name='Rodimus']The Cosmic Spider-Man is probably my least favorite. Unless he has the cosmic powers come attached I'd prefer Spider-Bag-Man.[/QUOTE]
You get extra fighting moves with him.

[quote name='Rodimus']^ Does Iron Spider also have additional moves?[/QUOTE]
No, none of the other costumes have extra moves. Only Cosmic Spidey has extra moves.

I have come to a dilemma. I have the feeling shattered dimension drop it's price fairly quickly like assassin's creed 2 because it's not a AAA anticipated game. The only real exclusive costume is the cosmic one from gamestop all the others are unlockable. However preordering from amazon gets you an artbook. Should I wait and snag it when it's $30 or pay full price and get the artbook. Not sure if it will be a crappy artbook like MW2.

[quote name='Sw33tbombs']I have come to a dilemma. I have the feeling shattered dimension drop it's price fairly quickly like assassin's creed 2 because it's not a AAA anticipated game. The only real exclusive costume is the cosmic one from gamestop all the others are unlockable. However preordering from amazon gets you an artbook. Should I wait and snag it when it's $30 or pay full price and get the artbook. Not sure if it will be a crappy artbook like MW2.[/QUOTE]

Get what you want and put the game on eBay (You will only be out listing fees.) or Craigslist it.

I wonder if Cosmic Spidey will ever be out in DLC. I still think I'm going to holdout for a price drop.

Has anyone seen the pre-order bonuses at Best Buy or K-Mart? I didn't see either when I checked my local stores, I wasn't even aware K-Mart did pre-orders...

Hey, its finally out!

I played the first level, tons of fun! Camera angles are so-so. The FPS fighting is kinda silly in that stage too.

But I am enjoying it

Noooo paaannntttsss!!!!

The humor in the Ultimate Spiderman levels is really good. Some of the later levels get tiring, but I am enjoying the game. Noir Spiderman is pretty neat as it gives you more of a Sam Fischer style gameplay in a Sin-City esque world.

bread's done
Back