- - - - -

Spider-Man Shattered Dimensions - now available! - Cosmic Spider DLC coming

#61 GhostShark   The Drunken Whaler CAGiversary!   3143 Posts   Joined 5.2 Years Ago  

GhostShark

Posted 11 September 2010 - 06:55 AM

Well, just beat the game. I really enjoyed the final Ultimate Spidey stage/fight with Carnage. So well put together. Great game, overall. I'd put it right behind Marvel Ultimate Alliance and Batman: Arkham Asylum.

I would really like a stand alone Noir or 2099 game now. Hell, I could go for another Ultimate Spidey game if they stick to the comics and use this game as a basis.

Also,
Spoiler

Posted Image

Stinging Death To All Enemies

#62 eastx   The Fighting Bomber CAGiversary!   8854 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 11 September 2010 - 08:38 AM

Some reviews:

IGN
Kotaku
1up.com
GameInformer

-Paul Acevedo
Editor, Windows Central
Twitter: @PaulRAcevedo

Twitch: EastXTwitch - Streaming games 4+ nights a week at 8pm Central/6pm Pacific:

• Mondays: Tylerh1701 streams on my channel!
  • Wednesdays: PlayStation Vita games, sometimes with prizes!
  • Thursdays: Xbox One games
  • Saturdays: Xbox One games - Always with prizes!

#63 Rodimus   I'm Different CAGiversary!   11719 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago   Has been playing Hyrule Warriors
Wii U

Posted 17 September 2010 - 01:30 AM

I have this waiting for me at home. Can't wait.

#64 wishfulthinker828   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   159 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

wishfulthinker828

Posted 18 September 2010 - 05:44 AM

I gamefly'd it and decided to play it on hard to get my playtime's worth. It took me about 12 hours or so, but my god is this game frustrating bugs wise. At times the frame rate would lock into a sluggish pace forcing me to restart my console, and during the last mission I had several freezes forcing me to restart as well. Apparently I'm not the only one with these issues. It's still a fun game, but in my opinion clearly a bargain bin title.

#65 Rodimus   I'm Different CAGiversary!   11719 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago   Has been playing Hyrule Warriors
Wii U

Posted 18 September 2010 - 06:16 AM

I'm about halfway through. I like how web zipping is locked making for clean zips. I was hoping the air battle system from Web of Shadows would be intact, at least in 2099.

Shattered Dimensions shows sprinkles of genius. There were many missed opportunities, and given enough time it could have been another Arkaham Asylum. With that said I am not disappointed. It's a great Spidey game especially for fans. I'm tired of sandbox Spidey games so this was refreshing.

#66 Rodimus   I'm Different CAGiversary!   11719 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago   Has been playing Hyrule Warriors
Wii U

Posted 25 September 2010 - 03:07 AM

Just beat this. I can safely say this is a good Spidey game, not "Amazing" but good. 2099 was my favorite and oddly enough the original Spider-Man levels were my least favorite.

#67 GhostShark   The Drunken Whaler CAGiversary!   3143 Posts   Joined 5.2 Years Ago  

GhostShark

Posted 25 September 2010 - 03:10 AM

Yeah, I wasn't a huge fan of them either. Except The Sandman, I liked that stage. Ultimate was probably my favorite, but Noir and 2099 were amazing. I just liked going rage mode and fucking shit up all over the place. Especially the Carnage stage.
Posted Image

Stinging Death To All Enemies

#68 eastx   The Fighting Bomber CAGiversary!   8854 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 10 October 2010 - 05:39 AM

Posted Image
DLC announced

Surprise, the new Cosmic Spider-Man designs all look better than the original (IMO).

-Paul Acevedo
Editor, Windows Central
Twitter: @PaulRAcevedo

Twitch: EastXTwitch - Streaming games 4+ nights a week at 8pm Central/6pm Pacific:

• Mondays: Tylerh1701 streams on my channel!
  • Wednesdays: PlayStation Vita games, sometimes with prizes!
  • Thursdays: Xbox One games
  • Saturdays: Xbox One games - Always with prizes!

#69 animalspinners   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2052 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

animalspinners

Posted 10 October 2010 - 07:57 AM

Too little, too late.

Anyone who got it at launch has already beaten it and moved on, and anyone who hasn't yet bought it is waiting for a price drop and won't care about the skins to begin with.

#70 CaptainJoel   Where there's Smoke, there's Fire CAGiversary!   13946 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

CaptainJoel

Posted 10 October 2010 - 08:06 AM

How are those designs any different than the cosmic ones that were in the GameStop DLC? I saw those designs back before the game came out, they were showcased on Marvel's website.

#71 animalspinners   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2052 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

animalspinners

Posted 10 October 2010 - 08:07 AM

How are those designs any different than the cosmic ones that were in the GameStop DLC? I saw those designs back before the game came out, they were showcased on Marvel's website.

They are one and the same.

It's just Activision selling the preorder DLC and Marvel acting like it's something new.

#72 advanced   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2943 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

Posted 10 October 2010 - 08:41 AM

Anybody else just find the 2099 missions to be absolutely boring? It could be that I just hate the character, but I thought they played the worse too. I never felt the need to use accelerated time or whatever it was called. I only did it for the Web of Destiny challenges.

I missed the air combat from WoS a lot. Sad they didn't keep it in.