My Gamestop Trade-In Experience

GuardianEnzo

CAG Veteran
So I just went to Gamestop to trade in Midnight Club: LA (I liked MC3 better), and turns out they had a deal that any game traded in with a value of $8 or more gets $30 towards a new game. So, I go to the counter, and as it turns out, the trade in value is $9, and I can apply it to a pre-order! So I just got $30 down on Metroid: Other M for a game I only spent $15 on! Pretty sweet deal, if you ask me. Not bad for my first trade in ever.

I posted this over on the other bragging rights forum before noticing there was a Canadian one. I figured it would mean more to you guys.

My location is Winnipeg, MB btw.

Edit: Also, the promotion was "Pump up the value". It said that on a big sign in the window.

Last edited by a moderator:
$30 credit for a >$8 TiV game? Wow that is something interesting. I've seen games worth $25 in a T2 +$10 F1. I just did one today for SC2. Never heard of $30 though.

Can you post a picture of your receipt please?

Sure, I guess blanking out the *Presell Order Info* stuff at the bottom is in order. Anything else on the receipt that would reveal unnecessary personal info? They got so many darn numbers all over the receipt that I'm not sure which to blank out before posting.

[quote name='GuardianEnzo']You know, nevermind. I just blanked out anything I wasn't sure of. I hope this is sufficient.
http://www.mediafire.com/i/?ee8wsiqe9b0srwg[/QUOTE]
No worries, I would make sure to block out stuff myself. That is awesome. Although, I've heard strange things before about Manitoba when it comes to game trading. I wonder if this is one of those things.

Did they have the promo that mentioned the $30 credit listed anywhere in the store that you know of?

Thanks for sharing. Hopefully some other (Canadian) CaG's can comment on this when they get the chance.

Winnipeg only because of their trade-in by laws. You can only do 1 trade in per game, so that's why they bump it up to $30 instead of $23.33 or whatever for T3's.

[quote name='TripleQ']Winnipeg only because of their trade-in by laws. You can only do 1 trade in per game, so that's why they bump it up to $30 instead of $23.33 or whatever for T3's.[/QUOTE]

This sounds familiar. You may be right about this.

And yes, the store had a sign with the title "Pump up the value" in the window, listing the details of the deal.

bread's done
Back