What to do with games no one is interested in?

skyknight

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
Well, one main reason that I joined CAP was hoping to find extra places to sell off my family's gaming collection, which does include games that my bros bought without think, as I did the same as well.

One prime example, the original Virtua Fighter 4 (no EVO!), man, I paid full price for that and got a guide for it! Now its worth almost nothing, I mean I could just give it away, but what's the purpose then?

Well I do have more than enough games on several systems, as well as more than enough Transformers; so I am not holding on to everything. As I do want to move out from my folks.

I do wonder how many here have done something different from me; I mean there must be a bunch of VF fans that bought the VF4 and then VF4: Evolution, some of you couldn't just toss VF4 into the trash, did ya? :)

Have you considered the thrift store donation route? If you can't get much, if anything, for VF4, I'm sure a Goodwill or something would take it.

[quote name='skyknight']I do wonder how many here have done something different from me; I mean there must be a bunch of VF fans that bought the VF4 and then VF4: Evolution, some of you couldn't just toss VF4 into the trash, did ya? :)[/QUOTE]
On a similar note, when Unreal Tournament 2004 came out, I sold my copy of UT2003 on eBay. However, this was shortly after UT2004's release.

For Wii Fit Plus, I figured the demand for the old Wii Fit wouldn't be the same, so that time I traded it in at a used bookstore that sells games (keeping the balance board, of course). Again, though, this was right after the upgraded version came out.

So yeah, there are viable sales channels when upgrading to a "better" version to a game, but you should be prompt about it ;)

I give games away to friends and family and donate to after school programs. The kids I give the games to in most cases are just happy to have something to play. That's worth it right there to me. In the case of VF I'm sure a kids center or Hospital would be glad to have it.

I could consider donating games, but I do wonder if there are any limitations, and there are plenty of games I have that are rated T and M.

[quote name='skyknight']I could consider donating games, but I do wonder if there are any limitations, and there are plenty of games I have that are rated T and M.[/QUOTE]

I'm sure T games would be accepted anywhere, but the M games probably can't be donated. I can't see many charities/hospitals/youth groups accepting an M game.

You could give them to me since I just got a PS2. :p

What games are there that you want to get rid of? Some CAGs might want them.

OK, here is the list for my PS2, which I also listed on CAG's collection:

Mega Man X7
Victorious Boxers 2: Fighting Spirit
Virtua Fighter 4 (first release) + guide
Wild Arms 3 + guide (one page has a misprint)
X-Men Legends (Greatest Hits)

Wild Arms 4 guide (sealed) - WTF was my bro thinking, buying the guide without ever buying the game!

I do have other games for other systems as well, but I can't post on Trading thread yet.

Just so you know, you are allowed to trade, just not on your own thread. Your pretty close though - 4 more posts - so it doesn't really matter that much.

I'd let Megaman X7 sit on Amazon for a while; you be surprised but sometimes people buy the older versions instead of the combo packs (which are a better value). o_O

And I'm sure there's some RPG / anime fanatics here who would want to take the Wild Arms 3 and 4 stuff off your hands.

[quote name='Indigo_Streetlight']I'd let Megaman X7 sit on Amazon for a while; you be surprised but sometimes people buy the older versions instead of the combo packs (which are a better value). o_O

And I'm sure there's some RPG / anime fanatics here who would want to take the Wild Arms 3 and 4 stuff off your hands.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for your suggestion, I'll take note of that.

bread's done
Back