- - - - -

[DEAD] goHastings.com B2G1 for $1 used games 7/25 - 7/31

#211 DarkRider23   hates hoarders CAGiversary!   3433 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

DarkRider23

Posted 30 July 2010 - 05:32 AM

@DarkRider23

Instead of flipping and worrying about extra cash why not work at something that can push either your education or future occupation further. I happily traded a job with extensive overtime and driving compensation for a job in a lab at school. I'm a 4th year Earth and Enviromental Studies major. I only make $10 an hour and not even 40 hrs a week, but I get to use a GC-MS everyday and work with some pretty educated individuals. I have to wake up at early every morning and am tired every night, but I'm working towards a senior thesis and eventually going into a PhD program.

Because I don't have the experience for that yet? I just finished my 2nd year in college and most of my professors wouldn't even think of letting anyone be a lab assistant until you are at least a junior. I'm also pretty sure my job at a local laboratory over the summer helped my resume substantially, so it's not like I'm sitting on my computer 10 hours a day flipping and not doing anything for the long-term career I'm going to have.

I love how people assume flippers are just money hungry idiots because they CAN make good money. Just because I flip doesn't mean I'm an idiot. I don't spend hours, upon hours on my computer researching things. I put at most a couple of hours into flipping each day (I'll admit this has cut into my video gaming time a lot. I play video games maybe 1-2 times a week now) while having a good job (which I admit has nothing to do with my future career) and school. I would love to have my job back at the laboratory, but it was a short term job to begin with. Either way, that small-time experience isn't going to help me much. I don't plan on going for my PhD since I don't want to go back to school for 5 years, and getting accepted into a masters program is cake. I'm going to end up doing grunt work for my first 2-3 years of employment no matter what kind of experience I have anyway. Maybe if I have my masters I won't end up doing grunt work, but I plan on working for a couple of years before going back to school anyway.

#212 V4Oldboy   Vengeance 4 Oldboy CAGiversary!   3869 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 30 July 2010 - 05:44 AM

@necromantix

I wouldn't have thought any DS games would come complete knowing how people trade in carts only in most cases I've seen. I was thinking of ordering Phoenix Wright but I immediately ignored it since it was a used DS game bought on the internet.

#213 manfeco   CAG Veteran CAG Veteran   15 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

Posted 30 July 2010 - 05:47 AM

If you buy apparel of accessories (starting a $2.99) and use the code GOHASTSHIRT you get 50% off all your shipping costs.

#214 DarkRider23   hates hoarders CAGiversary!   3433 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

DarkRider23

Posted 30 July 2010 - 05:47 AM

Hastings is really strict when it comes to taking in trades. Everyone has to be complete/in good condition for them to take it, so DS games almost always come complete.

#215 nekromantix  

nekromantix

Posted 30 July 2010 - 06:05 AM

@necromantix

I wouldn't have thought any DS games would come complete knowing how people trade in carts only in most cases I've seen. I was thinking of ordering Phoenix Wright but I immediately ignored it since it was a used DS game bought on the internet.

Was fully expecting just a cartridge with the first games I ordered. Was happy when the bubble mailers came weighing more than half an ounce.

Yet to receive an incomplete DS game (kinda) out of 5 ordered. Legacy of Y's didn't come with the soundtrack, had the cardboard slip on box though.

There was also another Phoenix Wright game I saw, but it wasn't triggering the promotion for some reason when it went live. Game wasn't there next morning though so assuming it ended up working. Had no idea the Ace Attorney games were somewhat rare :cry:. Got my DS a couple weeks ago thinking I'm going to play myself some SMT, Phoenix Wright and Pokemon. Haven't had much luck finding Ace Attorney games at bearable prices.

#216 fei33   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   545 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 30 July 2010 - 07:45 AM

I took a chance on a USED copy of Pokemon Heart Gold and it came mostly complete. It had the case, box, and Poke Walker. The only things missing were the Poke Clip and instruction manual, which although I would have liked those to have come as well, I'm still fairly satisfied.

This is going to sound silly, but does anybody know what kind of solution I can MacGuyver so I can still use the Poke Walker? Maybe just purchase a cheap pedometer and use the clip from that?

#217 fei33   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   545 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 30 July 2010 - 07:56 AM

Was fully expecting just a cartridge with the first games I ordered. Was happy when the bubble mailers came weighing more than half an ounce.

Yet to receive an incomplete DS game (kinda) out of 5 ordered. Legacy of Y's didn't come with the soundtrack, had the cardboard slip on box though.

There was also another Phoenix Wright game I saw, but it wasn't triggering the promotion for some reason when it went live. Game wasn't there next morning though so assuming it ended up working. Had no idea the Ace Attorney games were somewhat rare :cry:. Got my DS a couple weeks ago thinking I'm going to play myself some SMT, Phoenix Wright and Pokemon. Haven't had much luck finding Ace Attorney games at bearable prices.

From the games you mentioned, it sounds like your DS game collection is off to a great start. Since you mentioned Shin Megami Tensei and Pokemon already, I'm going to assume that you're an RPG fan. Other great DS RPG's are Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift, The World Ends With You, Final Fantasy III, Final Fantasy IV, Dragon Quest IX, Dragon Quest IV, and Dragon Quest V. A lot of the games by Atlus are great too. As for games similar to Capcom's Ace Attourney series (which is great and has clever writing), Hotel Dusk: Room 215 by Nintendo is fairly popular.

What kind of DS did you get? I still have a regular DS Lite that I got from the The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass Bundle. I'm tempted to get a DS-i or DS-i XL, but am thinking I might hold off until further details are announced on the 3DS.

#218 Apathetic-Irony   Seize the Carp! CAGiversary!   280 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Apathetic-Irony

Posted 30 July 2010 - 07:57 AM

Received my three games today, all for the PS3:

God of War 3 [Mint]
Backbreaker [Mint]
Super Street Fighter 4 [Manual two right corners bent inward]

Overall I'm very happy with the speed and quality. I'm 3/3 with Gohasting's buy two get one free sale.

Edited by Apathetic-Irony, 30 July 2010 - 07:58 AM.
'4' looks more appealing than 'Four' =p

#219 Dark Firstborn   8 Year CAG CAGiversary!   65 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Dark Firstborn

Posted 30 July 2010 - 10:41 AM

Had to come back and order 6 more.
I got the following PS3 Titles:

PS3 Battlefield Bad Company
PS3 Shaun White Snowboarding
PS3 Call of Juarez
PS3 Pure
PS3 Sonic Unleashed
PS3 Godfather II
And a shirt for the gf ( lol )

All for $48.44 with shipping. Also got 3% cashback from a website ebates or something that someone mentioned earlier, so there goes another 7 bucks inside the paypal.. so it's like it was $41 bones for 6 games and a shirt. YUS!!! Thanks for the advice everyone gave. You guys saved me money!

#220 Serpentor   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5163 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 30 July 2010 - 02:36 PM

If you buy apparel of accessories (starting a $2.99) and use the code GOHASTSHIRT you get 50% off all your shipping costs.

sweet, thanks!

#221 hmalik   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   35 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 30 July 2010 - 02:38 PM

I am only able to see regular price for the third item today in my cart. Looks like they are either done or having issues.

#222 sassygnome   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   43 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

sassygnome

Posted 30 July 2010 - 02:51 PM

picked up green day rock band and dj hero for 360 and super mario galaxy 2 for wii. All came complete, and as a plus the code to download the green day songs to use with rock band 2 and 3 was not used.

So pumped since those codes sell for like 30 bucks on ebay.

#223 Kylearan   Hell Drifter CAGiversary!   1405 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 30 July 2010 - 03:19 PM

I am only able to see regular price for the third item today in my cart. Looks like they are either done or having issues.

Make sure all items are Used, as Previously Viewed items don't qualify for the sale.

On another point, a bit bummed that Blu-Ray discs are not included.

#224 NightCat   Backtoad_Overload CAGiversary!   3562 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 30 July 2010 - 05:04 PM

picked up green day rock band and dj hero for 360 and super mario galaxy 2 for wii. All came complete, and as a plus the code to download the green day songs to use with rock band 2 and 3 was not used.

So pumped since those codes sell for like 30 bucks on ebay.

Dang that rocks you super made out on RB Green day!

#225 animemaniac14   Do the Monkey w/Me! CAGiversary!   3059 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

animemaniac14

Posted 30 July 2010 - 05:12 PM

hope all of you have been using Cashbaq to get 3% cashback...if not

http://www.cashbaq.com/?refer=485494

#226 Ubi   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   16 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 30 July 2010 - 05:45 PM

Hey I know "Previously Viewed" games don't count as used games, but are those ok to order? What the difference between them?

#227 NightCat   Backtoad_Overload CAGiversary!   3562 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 30 July 2010 - 06:14 PM

Hey I know "Previously Viewed" games don't count as used games, but are those ok to order? What the difference between them?

It is hit or miss. PV means it was a formal rental and USED is stuff traded in from people wanting to sell them. I tend to get better stuff with PV cause they seem to not check the USED items as much and sick of getting them filthy or bad shape.

#228 NightCat   Backtoad_Overload CAGiversary!   3562 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 30 July 2010 - 06:15 PM

This deal seems to be dead as a door knob... I just spent 45 mins shopping on this mad slow site for nothing i guess. It did save me $$$ and shelf space.

#229 V4Oldboy   Vengeance 4 Oldboy CAGiversary!   3869 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 30 July 2010 - 06:23 PM

This deal seems to be dead as a door knob... I just spent 45 mins shopping on this mad slow site for nothing i guess. It did save me $$$ and shelf space.

Nope, deal is alive and well according to my cart of GOW3 x2 and L4D2 for $1

#230 exileinoblivion   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1442 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

exileinoblivion

Posted 30 July 2010 - 07:01 PM

I've been going back and forth the past few days and still haven't been able to pull the trigger on anything.

#231 Joph   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   88 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 30 July 2010 - 10:13 PM

hmmm// 25.00 for 3 mediocre games.. dunno if i want to pull the trigger......

#232 exileinoblivion   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1442 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

exileinoblivion

Posted 30 July 2010 - 10:24 PM

hmmm// 25.00 for 3 mediocre games.. dunno if i want to pull the trigger......

which 3? I've played some so called mediocre games and loved them.

#233 ploppsdman   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   604 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

ploppsdman

Posted 30 July 2010 - 11:03 PM

I would suggest you watch your order emails: one of my games got cancelled and I had to call to get something for that ... a $15 gift card will be mailed so I basically got my money back for that 1 game ... which sucks b/c it was worth more in cash. I guess I'll apply it to the next buy 2 get 1 sale, but be warned that it is doubtful they would have given me anything if I didn't call.

#234 Serpentor   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5163 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 31 July 2010 - 01:42 PM

Deal is dead? It's not reflecting the $1 for the 3rd game anymore. I placed one order just minutes ago and tried for another, but no go on the 2nd...

p.s. the GOHASTSHIRT code doesn't save you money if you buying three games (the shirt is $3 and with 50% off shipping, you still paying $2 extra, of course, for some getting a $2 shirt is a deal :lol:)

#235 JasonStatham   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   26 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

JasonStatham

Posted 31 July 2010 - 03:20 PM

Welp the temptation finally got to me. Just pulled the trigger on Red Dead Redemption, Arkham Asylum, and Fallout 3 for $72 shipped. I rented and beat Arkham, but absolutely loved it, and believe it or not haven't played Redemption or Fallout.

Between those 3, replaying my current library (I plan on going back through Gears 1 and 2, and eventually finishing off Galaxy 2), Metroid and Halo out in the next few months, not to mention NHL 2011... I think I'll survive another New Jersey winter haha.:cold:

#236 candymaker789   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   108 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

candymaker789

Posted 31 July 2010 - 04:15 PM

FYI: :360: NBA 2K10 is back in stock for $12.50, with a Gazelle trade-in of $20. You can only place two at a time in your cart, so if you can find a third game in the ~$15 price range you will essentially be getting it for free. ;)

#237 JYabbz   LFT.HVY.TK.MLTI.URDA CAGiversary!   394 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted 31 July 2010 - 04:25 PM

Welp the temptation finally got to me. Just pulled the trigger on Red Dead Redemption, Arkham Asylum, and Fallout 3 for $72 shipped. I rented and beat Arkham, but absolutely loved it, and believe it or not haven't played Redemption or Fallout.

Between those 3, replaying my current library (I plan on going back through Gears 1 and 2, and eventually finishing off Galaxy 2), Metroid and Halo out in the next few months, not to mention NHL 2011... I think I'll survive another New Jersey winter haha.:cold:

Why not get something a little more closer to Batman then get Fallout 3 as Fallout is going for under $10 used at gamestop? You could get more bang for your buck unless its the GOTY edition. My $.02.

#238 NightCat   Backtoad_Overload CAGiversary!   3562 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 31 July 2010 - 04:34 PM

I would suggest you watch your order emails: one of my games got cancelled and I had to call to get something for that ... a $15 gift card will be mailed so I basically got my money back for that 1 game ... which sucks b/c it was worth more in cash. I guess I'll apply it to the next buy 2 get 1 sale, but be warned that it is doubtful they would have given me anything if I didn't call.

Yeah the order i did earlier this week the $1 item got canceled saying out of stock which it has been instock the entire time on the website for a week now. They told me what am i complaining about they are refunding me the amount for the game. The point is it was worth it only if i got that one game for $1. This happened to me 2 other times in the past and 3rd times a charm. I think i will start passing on these deals. I can not deal with there bad CS again and get jipped. My 2 cents from past experience. Oh well to many great deals on other sites i find thanks to CAG! :)

#239 jk5000   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   156 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 31 July 2010 - 05:12 PM

Yeah the order i did earlier this week the $1 item got canceled saying out of stock which it has been instock the entire time on the website for a week now. They told me what am i complaining about they are refunding me the amount for the game. The point is it was worth it only if i got that one game for $1. This happened to me 2 other times in the past and 3rd times a charm. I think i will start passing on these deals. I can not deal with there bad CS again and get jipped. My 2 cents from past experience. Oh well to many great deals on other sites i find thanks to CAG! :)

Gohastings sucks man, its a crap shoot, some make out ok, but the majority fall into their bait and switch by cancelling whatever deal attracted you from buying from their site.

#240 robodaddyo   is not a scumbag CAGiversary!   589 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

robodaddyo

Posted 31 July 2010 - 05:45 PM

Gohastings sucks man, its a crap shoot, some make out ok, but the majority fall into their bait and switch by cancelling whatever deal attracted you from buying from their site.

I guess I've been very lucky with them. I've ordered around 40 blu-rays and 12 games, this year, and everything has come in great condition and original packaging from goHastings.