Assassin's Creed II (PC) for $14.99 on Amazon

I got it on 360 not too long ago, otherwise I would've thought about it.

I don't mind DRM so much, but that form is a crock imo.

Yeah, I've been wanting this for awhile, but the always-on DRM makes this a "wait for a workaround" one for me. Hopefully they'll turn that crap off soon.

The DRM for this was cracked completely a few months ago. Still doesn't excuse Ubisoft for creating this awful DRM but I don't mind spending $15 on this game now. Thanks OP.

[quote name='Mike UFC']Thanks OP. This would be a very good deal, but for me that DRM is indeed a dealbreaker.[/QUOTE]

no kidding....i was going to get this game a while back for a higher price but after reading the dreadful DRM i passed for the 360 version

[quote name='turls']It will probably be in a $10 Steam sale soon.[/QUOTE]
You've got a point there, but, still, I don't want to support Ubisoft's DRM practices.

[quote name='dabamus']The DRM has been cracked, so you don't have to worry about that if you buy it.[/QUOTE]

Yea, but if I'm going to bother cracking a game I legally own I'm just not going to buy it.

I won't pirate it either.

Playing this right now via OnLive. Since I have to be connected anyways, it's not an issue. Otherwise, the DRM does kill it. BTW, I thought the work-around was not 100% working.

[quote name='rayne117']I can't imagine it being better than the console version anyways.[/QUOTE]

How so? On the highest settings, it absolutely is better. Higher resolution, higher framerate, no tearing, better textures, DLC included on the disc...DRM aside, it's really a great port if you have the computer to handle it.

[quote name='adoru']How so? On the highest settings, it absolutely is better. Higher resolution, higher framerate, no tearing, better textures, DLC included on the disc...DRM aside, it's really a great port if you have the computer to handle it.[/QUOTE]
I was thinking more of my personal set up. Not too good with using my keyboard and mouse because it makes my hands heart. There is really no other place for my k&m to go. And I have no interest in a wired game pad thingy.

I do absolutely agree it would play better on PC though if I had the set up.

Oh yeah, I get where you're coming from. And agreed - definitely should play AC with a gamepad. It's just not a keyboard+mouse game, sadly! :)

seriously...im so sick of the drm shit talk. i dunno anyone who isnt connected to their pc at all times. Its a bs excuse for assholes to pirate

[quote name='Smallville123']seriously...im so sick of the drm shit talk. i dunno anyone who isnt connected to their pc at all times. Its a bs excuse for assholes to pirate[/QUOTE]
Newsflash: Pirates don't need an excuse to do anything, they are pirates.

Us none-pirates don't want to feel like criminals. Which is exactly what Ubisoft is doing.

[quote name='Smallville123']seriously...im so sick of the drm shit talk. i dunno anyone who isnt connected to their pc at all times. Its a bs excuse for assholes to pirate[/QUOTE]

I don't pirate any games, but in this case it's no "BS excuse" as you say.

Live in a place with frequent thunderstorms? Net goes down fairly frequently for a few minutes at a time. Not to mention ISP maintenance, Ubisoft server maintenance, etc. And y'know what the one thing I really like to do when the net's down is? Yeah, play single player games. When the net's on, I have plenty of stuff to do that it wouldn't be a huge deal to not be able to play a game...when it's off, that's one of the few things to do.

DRM is a deal-breaker for me. Pretty much all ubisoft titles, no thanks, but thanks for the info.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='DrowVampyre']I don't pirate any games, but in this case it's no "BS excuse" as you say.

Live in a place with frequent thunderstorms? Net goes down fairly frequently for a few minutes at a time. Not to mention ISP maintenance, Ubisoft server maintenance, etc. And y'know what the one thing I really like to do when the net's down is? Yeah, play single player games. When the net's on, I have plenty of stuff to do that it wouldn't be a huge deal to not be able to play a game...when it's off, that's one of the few things to do.[/QUOTE]

I was probably to hasty in my response. That is an unfortunate problem.

Just recently a friend lost their internet connection because their cat knocked over water and fried the modem(That's a lot of hour you can't play. And as DrowVampyre pointed out when internet is down is most likely the time you would want to play a game.). You can't deny the possibility that some people may lose their internet connection while trying to play this game. Even though it may only happen once or twice from start to finish the game, it's an inconvenience. Now, if you add all the people who bought the game and their time not being able to play, that's a lot of hours people not being able to play.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='appleyum']Just recently a friend lost their internet connection because their cat knocked over water and fried the modem(That's a lot of hour you can't play. And as DrowVampyre pointed out when internet is down is most likely the time you would want to play a game.). You can't deny the possibility that some people may lose their internet connection while trying to play this game. Even though it may only happen once or twice from start to finish the game, it's an inconvenience. Now, if you add all the people who bought the game and their time not being able to play, that's a lot of hours people not being able to play.[/QUOTE]

Not to mention that sometimes people want to play the game while on a plane or a passenger in a car on a long road trip or at grandma's house (grandma doesn't even know what 'the Internets' is.) ;)

Nice deal, I'm pretty sure we have enough posts for anyone who buys this to be warned about the DRM. It is what it is at this point.

bread's done
Back