- - - - -

Madden 11 League-OFFICIAL CAG LEAGUE-That's all folks! Mini-tourney still coming tho!

#61 ubernes   Megacorner CAGiversary!   5271 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 28 July 2010 - 05:25 PM

gb, i'll note the Chargers dibs.

as far as start time, I'd like to kick off things the Sunday or Monday after the game comes out (15th, 16th of August). I'll open the league as soon as I get the game (release day) so people can start joining up.

#62 BigAT   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1069 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 28 July 2010 - 05:49 PM

Something to think about, you might want to wait until more accurate roster updates are available. Towards the end of the preseason.

#63 gbpackers94   Julius, Ph.D. CAGiversary!   3032 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

gbpackers94

Posted 28 July 2010 - 06:04 PM

gb, i'll note the Chargers dibs.

as far as start time, I'd like to kick off things the Sunday or Monday after the game comes out (15th, 16th of August). I'll open the league as soon as I get the game (release day) so people can start joining up.

Alright, I ordered it on Amazon so hopefully it gets to me by then.

#64 bvharris   the black wind howls CAGiversary!   19419 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 28 July 2010 - 06:11 PM

This might just be me, but I'd rather hold off for a while longer to let everyone get their hands on a copy as well as have some time to get familiar with the new mechanics.

I ordered it with super saver shipping, though I can switch to release-date delivery if I need to.

If you do decide to start it then, I'd be fine with it, but I'd prefer to wait a bit longer I guess.

#65 Appleinthetree   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   375 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Appleinthetree

Posted 28 July 2010 - 07:03 PM

Alright, I ordered it on Amazon so hopefully it gets to me by then.

I did as well, I did regular shipping.

#66 ubernes   Megacorner CAGiversary!   5271 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 28 July 2010 - 07:04 PM

Preseason ends almost a month later, so I don't know if we want to wait that long to get going. I could see us waiting for everyone to get the game and get used to the new mechanics a bit, but I think 2 weeks is probably around the max amount of time people want to wait, but I could be wrong.

And for those who did super saving shipping, don't worry. I'm sure there's a lot of you out there, so we're not going to start without you.

#67 RamesuThe1   Rah-mess-u CAGiversary!   1234 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

RamesuThe1

Posted 28 July 2010 - 07:51 PM

I think we should start sooner rather than later...the commish could make whatever roster moves (i.e. T.O.) but we would be stuck with the ratings as they are, but that would be the case no-matter which roster we used, as soon as we start the season, whenever that is, our roster will be outdated either way....

#68 ubernes   Megacorner CAGiversary!   5271 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 28 July 2010 - 08:24 PM

Holmes is awesome by the way. Actually I love Cotchery as a 3rd option too. He seems to get more open and those routes fit him nicely. So glad the Jets made it into the demo.

#69 AtomicGerbal   CAG Veteran CAG Veteran   23 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

AtomicGerbal

Posted 28 July 2010 - 08:33 PM

Well with the choices left....I guess it must mean..... THE BUCS!

GT: AtomicGerbal

#70 Darth0fTheDead   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   432 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Darth0fTheDead

Posted 28 July 2010 - 09:14 PM

What happened to the 20th? I know it was tentative but, that gives people a solid 10 days buffer and kicks it off on a Friday.

#71 Soodmeg  

Posted 28 July 2010 - 09:26 PM

Dude, its madden.

Its been the exact same gameplay for the last 8-10 years. You dont need any time to get used to the controls, we can also just add people as they get the game. Just make it so that there is a cutoff to when we give away your team.

#72 Deuce20602   Hi Haters! CAGiversary!   2301 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Deuce20602

Posted 29 July 2010 - 01:12 AM

Deezy, u hopped in the wrong conference...

#73 HydroX   Quintessential Studmuffin CAGiversary!   7240 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 29 July 2010 - 01:40 AM

Wow, I missed the boat on this. I figured my Bucs would be available seeing how they've been so shitty, but wow.

I can't see myself playing as the Bills or Browns, so I'll (unfortunately) have to pass.

#74 BmBoWnZ   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1310 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 29 July 2010 - 02:28 AM

damn it, wanted Saints. oh well...

#75 AtomicGerbal   CAG Veteran CAG Veteran   23 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

AtomicGerbal

Posted 29 July 2010 - 04:06 AM

sorry HydroX but the Bucs looked the most pleasing with the three choices left. Hopefully I can do something with them.

#76 theredworm   I am The Red Worm! CAGiversary!   2456 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

theredworm

Posted 29 July 2010 - 04:16 AM

tempted to do this with the Bills just to play with Brian Brohm since I'm a diehard Louisville fan

#77 Matt Young   Follow the buzzards CAGiversary!   15183 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Matt Young

Posted 29 July 2010 - 05:17 AM

Good luck. I actually like the guy and never expected him to be gone from the Packers within a year or so. Not that he'd have had a shot at starting because of Rodgers, but ya know.

I just realized, Venom is on vacation, so he may not have seen this. Ubernes, not sure if you contacted him on Facebook, but I am now since I'm pretty sure he still wants the Patriots.

#78 ubernes   Megacorner CAGiversary!   5271 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 29 July 2010 - 05:28 AM

I just realized, Venom is on vacation, so he may not have seen this. Ubernes, not sure if you contacted him on Facebook, but I am now since I'm pretty sure he still wants the Patriots.

I tried to catch him on Facebook chat to let him know, but not sure if he saw it. He seems to be on there often, so hopefully he can make his way to here or at least just let one of us know on Facebook if and when he'll be back.

#79 gbpackers94   Julius, Ph.D. CAGiversary!   3032 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

gbpackers94

Posted 29 July 2010 - 05:29 AM

tempted to do this with the Bills just to play with Brian Brohm since I'm a diehard Louisville fan

Your my new favorite CAGer.

Edit: Bonus Pic for all you Louisville/Brohm fans.
Spoiler

#80 bvharris   the black wind howls CAGiversary!   19419 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 29 July 2010 - 05:32 AM

I tried to catch him on Facebook chat to let him know, but not sure if he saw it. He seems to be on there often, so hopefully he can make his way to here or at least just let one of us know on Facebook if and when he'll be back.

This probably goes without saying, but just in case: I don't want to take his team from under him if there's a chance he's coming back, so don't put a deadline on him or anything on my account. I'd rather have the Saints anyway, have you heard anything from Scotts?

#81 ubernes   Megacorner CAGiversary!   5271 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 29 July 2010 - 05:45 AM

This probably goes without saying, but just in case: I don't want to take his team from under him if there's a chance he's coming back, so don't put a deadline on him or anything on my account. I'd rather have the Saints anyway, have you heard anything from Scotts?

Nope. Not a peep from either.

#82 BradVanDam   CAG Veteran CAG Veteran   10 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

BradVanDam

Posted 29 July 2010 - 05:55 AM

CAG NAME: BradVanDam
XBL NAME: BradVanDam7th
Team Name: Browns

#83 theredworm   I am The Red Worm! CAGiversary!   2456 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

theredworm

Posted 29 July 2010 - 06:58 AM

Spoiler

I'll see that jersey and raise you a GB jersey. I'm probably the only person in Wisconsin wearing a Brohm Green Bay jersey with pride.

Spoiler

#84 ubernes   Megacorner CAGiversary!   5271 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 29 July 2010 - 01:24 PM

Bills are now the last available team.

If Scotts doesn't show up around this time tomorrow then BVHarris will take the Saints, gbpackers94 will take the Chargers and the Steelers will also become available.

#85 Matt Young   Follow the buzzards CAGiversary!   15183 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Matt Young

Posted 29 July 2010 - 02:23 PM

Spoiler

But... but... I've had the packers flag in my sig since I first signed up here! :-P

As for Venom, he responded to another comment I posted on his FB page last night, but not the comment about Madden, so I don't know what's up. I know he had some stuff going on, so maybe he missed that particular comment.

Glad to see Brad is playing as well. I know him from the same board at which I met Venom.

It probably wouldn't be Monday that I'd be able, but would anyone who still has Madden 10 care to play a game or two between now and the 10th?

#86 HydroX   Quintessential Studmuffin CAGiversary!   7240 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 29 July 2010 - 04:14 PM

I really want to post and say that I'd love to be a backup to anyone who stops playing a few weeks into the season but I'm not sure how lackluster my gaming schedule will be since I have a baby boy that's due in a couple of days.

I've been dying to play in a league that's active and reading the old Madden threads, the CAG leagues seem to work fairly well without too many hitches.

#87 ubernes   Megacorner CAGiversary!   5271 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 29 July 2010 - 05:02 PM

I got someone for the Bills, should be checking in shortly...

#88 gbpackers94   Julius, Ph.D. CAGiversary!   3032 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

gbpackers94

Posted 29 July 2010 - 05:15 PM

I'll see that jersey and raise you a GB jersey. I'm probably the only person in Wisconsin wearing a Brohm Green Bay jersey with pride.

Spoiler

Nice, I wanted to buy that but NFL jerseys are so dang expensive.
P.S. We should have a Louisville Swag war.

Edited by gbpackers94, 29 July 2010 - 06:15 PM.

#89 Matt Young   Follow the buzzards CAGiversary!   15183 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Matt Young

Posted 29 July 2010 - 06:10 PM

I really want to post and say that I'd love to be a backup to anyone who stops playing a few weeks into the season but I'm not sure how lackluster my gaming schedule will be since I have a baby boy that's due in a couple of days.

I've been dying to play in a league that's active and reading the old Madden threads, the CAG leagues seem to work fairly well without too many hitches.

Congratulations, man! Too bad the baby doesn't come with free release day delivery. ;)

#90 DestroVega   Life is short... stunt it CAGiversary!   7191 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

DestroVega

Posted 29 July 2010 - 09:13 PM

I've been waiting for this thread to open and somehow missed it, doubt I'll even buy the game now.