recommend a good pc game

shosh

CAGiversary!
Feedback
50 (100%)
i have a decent pc, running a 5770 card. dont really fell like im getting the most out of my pc. can you recommend a good pc game for me?
i enjoyed borderlands, l4d and l4d2, but need a new game that utilizes my pc. already have COD for the xbox though.

[quote name='shosh']i have a decent pc, running a 5770 card. dont really fell like im getting the most out of my pc. can you recommend a good pc game for me?
i enjoyed borderlands, l4d and l4d2, but need a new game that utilizes my pc. already have COD for the xbox though.[/QUOTE]

Try some of the free PC games on my list.

Look like you are into FPS. I would try 'Alliance of Valiant Arms' aka AVA and 'Quake Live!' for now and check out some of the others on there that may fit your taste.

Try other genres though so that you can get the full PC gaming experience...

If you don't have a STEAM account - Get one - You can even get a taste of HL 2 with their free HL2 - Deathmatch...

For ATI/AMD (Radeon) graphic card users:
- Half-Life 2: Deathmatch
- Half-Life 2: Lost Coast

http://steampowered.com/ati_offer1a/

For Nvidia (GeForce) graphic card users:
- Portal: First Slice

http://steampowered.com/nvidia/

Hopefully something you find here will hit that sweet spot!​

Last edited:
[quote name='Megazell']

Try some of the free PC games on my list.

Look like you are into FPS. I would try 'Alliance of Valiant Arms' aka AVA and 'Quake Live!' for now and check out some of the others on their that may fit your taste.

Try other genres though so that you can get the full PC gaming experience...

If you don't have a STEAM account - Get one - You can even get a taste of HL 2 with their free HL2 - Deathmatch...

For ATI/AMD (Radeon) graphic card users:

http://steampowered.com/ati_offer1a/

For Nvidia (GeForce) graphic card users:
- Portal: First Slice

http://steampowered.com/nvidia/

Hopefully something you find here will hit that sweet spot!​
[/QUOTE]
i've always wondered why hl2 deathmatch and lost coast was on my steam list of games. i thought they were just demos

[quote name='shosh']i've always wondered why hl2 deathmatch and lost coast was on my steam list of games. i thought they were just demos[/QUOTE]

Those are full games - You can even dl maps and mods for HL 2 also.

Give Metro 2033 a run if you haven't already. Far from perfect, but solid gameplay and the graphics can be absolutely gorgeous if you have the hardware.

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 is a really good game. I have it on the PS3 and play it everyday. I am planning to get it on the PC too, but systemrequirementslab.com said my CPU is not good enough. =(

Crysis 1, Crysis Warhead, or Far Cry 2 should bring that computer to it's knees, but they're not games I'll actually recommend for enjoyability. Unless you're into semi-repetitive action, that is.

That being said... The newer STALKER games would also tax your system to the max, and possibly Just Cause 2?

Diablo 2 and LOD, Warcraft 3 and TFT, WoW and expansions, Starcraft 1 and 2, Counter-Strike, Half-Life 1-2, Left 4 Dead 1-2, TF1 TF2.

[quote name='sweeetja713']Planescape Torment[/QUOTE]
One of the best games ever made...

While I think everyone really should play it, I don't think it will tax his system at all, which is something he's asking for.

I recommend Metro 2033, it's a fun and very atmospheric game. It will definitely drain your system.

Both the Age of Conan MMO and The Witcher are pretty intense for RPGs, also both can be had for cheap these days.

[quote name='SEH']Age of Conan fucking blows. That's a complete backstab recommendation.[/QUOTE]

I picked up Age of Conan for $2 with free shipping from newegg. It came with a free month, so I thought it was a good deal. I couldn't play it for longer than a couple hours. The graphics were great for a MMO, but the gameplay sucked. Do. Not. Recommend.

[quote name='Road4Kill']Diablo 2 and LOD, Warcraft 3 and TFT, WoW and expansions, Starcraft 1 and 2, Counter-Strike, Half-Life 1-2, Left 4 Dead 1-2, TF1 TF2.[/QUOTE]

qft.

Blizzard and Valve are the two best PC developers. You can't go wrong with any of their games.

[quote name='Brownjohn']I picked up Age of Conan for $2 with free shipping from newegg. It came with a free month, so I thought it was a good deal. I couldn't play it for longer than a couple hours. The graphics were great for a MMO, but the gameplay sucked. Do. Not. Recommend.[/QUOTE]

The game-play sucks, the community sucks, the patches suck, Funcom sucks. There's zero reason to ever play Age of Conan. Easily one of the worst games I've ever played, both in terms of game-play and in terms of just general playability (such a buggy/flawed game).

[quote name='Brownjohn']qft.

Blizzard and Valve are the two best PC developers. You can't go wrong with any of their games.[/QUOTE]

I agree!

[quote name='Brownjohn']I picked up Age of Conan for $2 with free shipping from newegg. It came with a free month, so I thought it was a good deal. I couldn't play it for longer than a couple hours. The graphics were great for a MMO, but the gameplay sucked. Do. Not. Recommend.[/QUOTE]

I still have a a F2P account with AOC...it's OK for free but 2 dollars is way too much for it.​

[quote name='Megazell']

I still have a a F2P account with AOC...it's OK for free but 2 dollars is way too much for it.
[/QUOTE]

I dunno, I think "free" might be too much to pay for it....

[quote name='MrFixit66']Easy. Star Wars Rebellion. Greatest Star Wars game ever.[/QUOTE]

I would say Tie Fighter is the best Star Wars game ever made.

[quote name='rumarudrathas']I dunno, I think "free" might be too much to pay for it....[/QUOTE]

Not for me. If the game does not cut the mustard I can just move on freely to another. :lol:

[quote name='rumarudrathas']Crysis 1, Crysis Warhead, or Far Cry 2 should bring that computer to it's knees, but they're not games I'll actually recommend for enjoyability. Unless you're into semi-repetitive action, that is.

That being said... The newer STALKER games would also tax your system to the max, and possibly Just Cause 2?[/QUOTE]
Just Cause 2 is incredibly shallow but I must admit I had a lot of fun with it, especially while using the Superman mod:bouncy:

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvA3IUQP670[/yt]

Mafia 2 comes out in a week or so too, should be good.

[quote name='Brownjohn']qft.

Blizzard and Valve are the two best PC developers. You can't go wrong with any of their games.[/QUOTE]
BioWare would like a word with you. :D

Dragon Age: Origins
Mass Effect 1 & 2

[quote name='Lawyers Guns N Money']BioWare would like a word with you. :D

Dragon Age: Origins
Mass Effect 1 & 2[/QUOTE]

BioWare is good, but Blizzard and Valve are both better.

[quote name='Brownjohn']BioWare is good, but Blizzard and Valve are both better.[/QUOTE]
Unless you're an RPG fan. ;)

It really depends on what you prefer, honestly. Blizzard and Valve both have my utmost respect. Just because of genre though, I'd put Valve behind Blizz and BioWare, simply because I like strategy and RPG games over FPS.

bread's done
Back