Fighting Game Thread 9 - Wu-Tang Edition

I'll whoop all y'all with my favorite pad. Pad Warriors unite!! I play SSFIV on this beast, plays like a dream.

tumblr_kpekb5W8L71qz8fgvo1_400.jpg

Does anyone own the Wu-Tang Clan: Shaolin Style game on PSX? I want that game mainly for the soundtrack! It was hard as hell, but still kind of fun.

390c828cbb1f138fdce08efac04d9067-Wu_Tang__Shaolin_Style.jpg

[quote name='Mr. Beef']I wish Def Jam Icon was good. :([/QUOTE]

I actually liked Def Jam Vendetta. Mostly because it ran on the AKI engine.

[quote name='BlueSwim']Who's hyped for Arcana Heart 3 on home consoles? Think Atlus(U.S. AH1 Publisher) or Aksys will pick it up?[/QUOTE]

I'm excited. The poor Japanese port for Arcana Heart 2, definitely has me more excited that things will be better handled for part 3.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']I'll whoop all y'all with my favorite pad. Pad Warriors unite!! I play SSFIV on this beast, plays like a dream.

tumblr_kpekb5W8L71qz8fgvo1_400.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Oh damn! But wait, where's the programmable buttons?

[quote name='distgfx']Oh damn! But wait, where's the programmable buttons?[/QUOTE]

Bro, I don't need no programmable buttons. I could use turbo though. . .

Anyone know a good place to essentially watch all of the story mode from BlazBlue CT? I played through arcade, and then spent most of my time with it playing with friends, so never got through most of the story mode. I'd love to catch up/refresh before CS.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']Im'ma take your tongue out, and lick my ass wit' it[/QUOTE]Best line ever. I need to find another copy, I miss that game.

[quote name='Zmonkay']Anyone know a good place to essentially watch all of the story mode from BlazBlue CT? I played through arcade, and then spent most of my time with it playing with friends, so never got through most of the story mode. I'd love to catch up/refresh before CS.[/QUOTE]
Youtube would work, but I have a feeling you already searched there.

[quote name='Zmonkay']Anyone know a good place to essentially watch all of the story mode from BlazBlue CT? I played through arcade, and then spent most of my time with it playing with friends, so never got through most of the story mode. I'd love to catch up/refresh before CS.[/QUOTE]It's not videos, but here's a plot analysis of Calamity Trigger's story.

yeah, youtube has what I think are the right things, but I'm not sure if the vids would have all the branching story paths. Only played through story mode once with Ragna, and only saw one of his endings. How long does it take to do all the endings for all the characters? Maybe I'll Blaz through it quick... :p

(and thanks for that BlueSwim, should help me to at least catch up)

Both those Def Jam games were amazing! AKI wrestling game fans had a great game in Vendetta and FFNY was what the first game should have been: rappers beating the crap out of each other!

The new Super Street Fighter IV 3D Edition screenshots are pretty impressive. The fighter models barely look different from the home version's. Now where's BlazBlue 3D: Epileptic Seizure Trigger for the 3DS?

[quote name='MarkMan']pretty bummed

i dont know if you guys noticed

i barely post here anymore... work > me

taking a break soon though[/QUOTE]Who are you, again?

[quote name='MarkMan']pretty bummed

i dont know if you guys noticed

i barely post here anymore... work > me

taking a break soon though[/QUOTE]
i noticed that you don't want my help at pax

is the chun stick a PS3?
i think i should pick up a PS3 stick...

So I just got a decent deal on a used Fightpad for 360... $15 for the Chun Li one. Buttons are responsive, however two things I need help with -

Is the pad supposed to feel kind of mushy? It's not as bad as the 360 stock pad, but it dosen't seem nearly as precise as say, the PS3's stock pad. I think I'm hitting like 8 out of 10 Hadokens and maybe 4 out of 5 Shoryukens when I tested it with SF 2. Is there just a learning curve with this and it's going to take time to get used to it?

Does anyone know the best one to go about opening this up to clean it out? I've got the necessary tools, just don't want to mess with something I'm not supposed to. The area around the D-Pad is in need of a cleaning, specifically.

Is it just me or is Blazblue CS broken? I've been playing ranked matches and got completely raped when I did well in Blazblue CT. For one thing I don't remember no 35 hits in CT ever. Its happened a lot in CS already.

[quote name='jman619']Is it just me or is Blazblue CS broken? I've been playing ranked matches and got completely raped when I did well in Blazblue CT. For one thing I don't remember no 35 hits in CT ever. Its happened a lot in CS already.[/QUOTE]

Just 35 hits? You should take a look at the trophies/achievements, 50 hits for Lambda and 70 hits for Arakune. The game seems to be a lot more balanced though from what I've read, even the "God Tier" characters aren't that far apart from the rest of the cast this time.

EDIT: I realize that match-making in ranked is to prevent boosting, but seriously, just do it SSFIV style and let us see a list of people we can fight so we don't have to wait forever. I have yet to play a single ranked match because of how looooooong it searches.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey FGT, I have a question for you. What are your favorite old-school game, new-school game and fighter of all-time(new or old school)? For the old-school and new-school games, I mean non-fighters. For old-school, I am thinking Genesis / SNES and prior.

Old-School: Ghouls and Ghost (Arcade)
New-School: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1)
Fighter: X-Men vs. Street Fighter (Arcade)
Blank form for copy / paste:
Old-School:
New-School:
Fighter:

Old-School: Mega Man X (SNES)
New-School: Ninja Gaiden Black (Xbox)
Fighter: 3s (Arcade or PS2)

EDIT: Portable: Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney (DS)

Old-School: DKC2
New-School: Mother 3
Fighter: Capcom vs. SNK 2, but if you mean older than CvS2, then I guess I'd have to go with Marvel Super Heroes

Can we add a category for favorite portable game into the mix?

Old-School:
Super Mario World (SNES)
New-School: Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater (PS2)
Fighter: Dead Or Alive: Ultimate (XBOX)
Portable: Fire Pro Wrestling (GBA)

Old-School:
New-School:
Fighter:

I really cant' say sadly since I like stuff so much for one reason over another and for totally different unrelated reasons... I will say at least the Tekken Franchise is in there.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']Old-School:
New-School:
Fighter:

I really cant' say sadly since I like stuff so much for one reason over another and for totally different unrelated reasons... I will say at least the Tekken Franchise is in there.[/QUOTE]

6a00d8341bf8f353ef0120a8ce1107970b-800wi

[quote name='distgfx']Just 35 hits? You should take a look at the trophies/achievements, 50 hits for Lambda and 70 hits for Arakune. The game seems to be a lot more balanced though from what I've read, even the "God Tier" characters aren't that far apart from the rest of the cast this time.

EDIT: I realize that match-making in ranked is to prevent boosting, but seriously, just do it SSFIV style and let us see a list of people we can fight so we don't have to wait forever. I have yet to play a single ranked match because of how looooooong it searches.[/QUOTE]

I've played a couple of ranked matches that's usually where it happened. That's what was odd to me I don't remember those freakish combos in CT or maybe I was lucky and never ran into that. Its true about ranked matches it seems to take a while. I'm sort of depressed about CS to be honest. The extras wasn't worth the price. I should have stuck to CT for a while. Ranked in CS is the only thing that bugs me seems like people are really cheap in it compared to CT. My winning percentage in CT was over 60 percent. In CS its god awful I can't do nothing against some people. I remember one guy that kept spamming me to death. That was fun. I really wanted to rage quit on him,but I never do that.

Old-School: Super Metroid
New-School: Castlevania SOTN
Fighter: Hmm, tough one. I'm splitting it up.
2D Fighter : 3S, no surprise.
3D Fighter : SoulCalibur, because when it came out for DC, shit was mind blowing.

PS1 is new school? K

Old School: Super Metroid
New School: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night or Xenogears
Fighter: GGXXAC+

Edit: If PS1 isn't new school enough, though, my choice for New School is Metroid Prime. Deal with it.

[quote name='Mr. Beef']Here ReRo, I'll do yours for you.

Old School: Tekken Volleyball
New School: Tekken Force
Fighter: Tekken Bowling[/QUOTE]

You're doing it wrong.

ReRo's picks
Old School: Irritating Stick
New School: Enviro-bear 2010
Fighter: Tekken Wireless Lag Challenge

[quote name='jman619']I've played a couple of ranked matches that's usually where it happened. That's what was odd to me I don't remember those freakish combos in CT or maybe I was lucky and never ran into that. Its true about ranked matches it seems to take a while. I'm sort of depressed about CS to be honest. The extras wasn't worth the price. I should have stuck to CT for a while. Ranked in CS is the only thing that bugs me seems like people are really cheap in it compared to CT. My winning percentage in CT was over 60 percent. In CS its god awful I can't do nothing against some people. I remember one guy that kept spamming me to death. That was fun. I really wanted to rage quit on him,but I never do that.[/QUOTE]
just remember that when CT came out everyone was pretty new to it

now CS is out, it's been more than a year, and the good people have improved with the system while you were dragging your feet

make sure you understand the system to avoid them combos

[quote name='kainzero']just remember that when CT came out everyone was pretty new to it

now CS is out, it's been more than a year, and the good people have improved with the system while you were dragging your feet

make sure you understand the system to avoid them combos[/QUOTE]

That's the weird part. I played Blazblue CT 2 months ago and still did really well at it. Then CS came along and I'm getting raped for the most part. I changed up the searching for the same level as I am and that is a lot better. Far as ranked matches go.

[quote name='jman619']That's the weird part. I played Blazblue CT 2 months ago and still did really well at it. Then CS came along and I'm getting raped for the most part. I changed up the searching for the same level as I am and that is a lot better. Far as ranked matches go.[/QUOTE]

Keep in mind most of the community dropped CT as soon as CS came to arcades. And then it was leaked about 4 months ago so even more people got in time to learn and lvl up. The game may be new to consoles, but it is far from new.

Old-School: Phantasy Star 2
New-School: pso,sotn,d2, to many to just pick one.
Fighter: GGX2R/3S

Well, despite everyone saying drop the $100 for the TE, I went with the SF4 Fighterstick. I don't use Live much, so I really didn't see it worth dropping the $100 for the better stick, at least on the 360. If I end up really liking playing with my stick (what guy doesn't, am I right!??!?), then I'll probably get a good one for the PS3.

And since I'm here, I might as well fill out the little questionaire. :lol:
Old-School: Bubble Bobble (NES)
New-School: Resident Evil 4 (GC)
Fighter: Soulcalibur 2 (GC)

I would have taken a Tekken Ball or Bowl over Scenario Campaign any day.

I wish Namco would do a story mode like Soul Edge/Blade's original Edge Master Mode.

bread's done
Back