Test Starcraft 2 on my system?

CAHP19

CAGiversary!
I have an aging MacBook Pro and I am interested in jumping on the Starcraft bandwagon after hearing about how great it is. However, I wasn't included in the beta test and haven't been able to find a demo or anything similar to see how it would run on my system, which is right on the borderline of the required specs. I don't want to buy it and waste $60 because the game is choppy or barely playable on my computer. Any suggestions?

The CE of SC2 comes with 14-day guest passes, so that's the best way to test your system. Some people have been passing them out in the freebie forums here; alternatively, they're being unloaded on ebay for $3~5 dollars.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=978222

Check back periodically as people get the game and results are filed.

But from early indications... unless you have the very latest iteration of MBP, not looking tat great. Graphics chips are a little weak to start with, and apparently the mac version takes pretty big performance hits vs. running windows on the same hardware (via bootcamp).

Ruahrc

At the very least you can download and install the digital version and then see if it starts ok. I tried it on my old Macbook Pro that only had 1.5 GB, and it flashed a message that said it didnt meet minimum requirements (2GB).

you can download the game (*cough torrents *cough). it will allow you to play the training mode but not campaign and of course not multiplayer. could be a good way to test your system. mind you its about 7 gigs.

bread's done
Back