Dragon's Lair Trilogy - Dragon's Lair 1 & 2 and Space Ace - Fall 2010

Cao Cao

CAGiversary!
After releasing the Mad Dog McCree collection last year, it looks like Digital Leisure is back with another collection of FMV games. This time, it's the Dragon's Lair Trilogy, featuring Dragon's Lair, Dragon's Lair 2: Time Warp, and Space Ace, another Don Bluth FMV title with a similar concept. Though, even for all three, the $30 MSRP seems pretty high, considering that these games were pretty short once you got all of the QTEs down.

Dragon's Lair
Dragon's Lair II
Space Ace

MINNEAPOLIS, MN – July 30, 2010 – Experience the fantasy adventures that became a cultural phenomenon! Game publisher Destineer today announces a partnership with Digital Leisure Inc. to develop Dragon’s Lair Trilogy, bringing three timeless arcade adventures together on one disc for Wii™: Dragon’s Lair, Dragon’s Lair 2: Time Warp, and Space Ace. For the first time ever on a console platform, you can experience the stunning visuals and engaging storylines from all three of these classic arcade games created by legendary American animator Don Bluth. Lead on brave adventurer, your quest awaits!

An instant hit in its 1983 debut, Dragon’s Lair is one of the most beloved arcade games of all time. As valiant knight Dirk the Daring, immerse yourself in a fantasy adventure on a quest to rescue Princess Daphne from the clutches of an evil dragon. You control the actions of the daring adventurer, finding your way through the castle of a dark wizard, who has enchanted it with treacherous monsters and obstacles.

Straight off the success of Dragon’s Lair, Don Bluth and his creative team began working on a galactic adventure known as Space Ace! In Space Ace you play the heroic Ace who must stop the evil Commander Borf from taking over the Earth! Only two people have the courage and strength to stop Borf and save Earth: the beautiful Kimberly and Ace. But as they approach Borf’s stronghold, Ace is hit by the Infanto Ray, changing him into a child, and Kimberly is kidnapped by the evil madman! The fate of Earth is in your hands!

In the sequel to the smash-hit, Dragon’s Lair 2: Time Warp allows you to once again play the heroic Dirk the Daring, who must stop the Evil Wizard Mordroc as he has kidnapped Princess Daphne and taken her through time! But you must hurry, for once the Casket of Doom has opened, Mordroc will place the Death Ring upon Daphne's finger in marriage and she will be lost forever… in the Time Warp!

Features:

Completely arcade authentic
Original arcade gameplay modes
Remastered animation
Both standard and widescreen editions
All-new move guides for beginners
Watch Mode - View all of the stunning animation without playing!

Dragon’s Lair Trilogy will be available this fall for a suggested retail price of $29.99 for Wii. For additional information please visit
http://www.dragonslairtrilogy.com or www.destineergames.com.

(Parody not included)

Last edited by a moderator:
Did anyone get this? I can't find it anywhere. (I might trade a sealed Super Scribblenauts for a sealed DLT, or just buy it outright.)

More importantly, is it any good? :)

I don't know, but I picked up DL1 on my iPhone a while back and... man is that a terrible game. 100% pure nostalgia, except that I didn't really have much love for the game originally anyway. I'm not talking about a controls issue - the game played fine, it's just not a good game at all. It's trial and error plus massive repetition. End of story.

Yeah, sorry, Dragon's Lair is not one of the most "beloved" arcade games of all time. calling it an arcade game is even a stretch as they were arguably just a novelty - even back in 1987.

Didn't they already do this on the PS2 almost 10 years ago? Now is the time to remake these games since realtime graphics have improved enough to do so, not re-issue them for too much money. I wouldn't even pay $5 for all three.

Well, when I was asking if it was "good" I wasn't talking about the gameplay... I know what it is and what to expect. I want to know if the scene transitions are about as smooth as the arcade experience. I love DL (used to have the arcade game in my living room), but never got far in Space Ace and never saw DL2 at the arcade so I want to play them (if the "lag" between scenes is tolerable).

I'm deff buying this, but it's gonna be rare. Already sold out on Amazon. It took me forever to track down Mad Dog... DL doesn't press many copies of their games up.

I don't think this game has come out yet, Gamestop has there pre-order date on 10/18 and Amazon has 10/8.

@firethief, Amazon occasionally put things as oos when in reality the release date gets changed. That happened to me with a few foreign movies a few times. I never had a hard time finding Mad Dog either, hell I bet I can still go to Target and buy it.

bread's done
Back