DJ Hero with 2 turn tables for $39.99 at Best Buy

JPCERTIFIED

CAGiversary!
Feedback
59 (100%)
Just ran into this deal at Best Buy for being a gamer rewards program. They has signs posting saying buy any DJ Hero bundle and get a 2nd stand alone table for free. The tags said that the deal expired. The employee thought they would have to override it but the system automatically subtracted the stand alone table as free. So this deal is open for anybody who is part of the gamers program with or without signs posting it.

Also this deal expires on Saturday August 14, 2010

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw my local Gamestop (Tucson, AZ.) doing this same thing yesterday. They bundled the extra turntable with a copy of the game. I do not remember what system though. I think it might be YMMV, but this game has sold rather poorly up until now. Deals like this won't be too hard to find wherever you decide to pick a copy up.

[quote name='Gothic Walrus']Two turntables...and a microphone?[/QUOTE]

There can't be a microphone because it doesn't support them. Only the sequel does.

[quote name='Nohbdy']There can't be a microphone because it doesn't support them. Only the sequel does.[/QUOTE]

Someone doesnt get the joke, what a n00b. haha

[quote name='Nohbdy']There can't be a microphone because it doesn't support them. Only the sequel does.[/QUOTE]

of course you can use a microphone. You can sing or say whatever you want into it. Other than 1 achievement for doing so, it doesn't really alter the gameplay at all.

[quote name='menikmati']wooooosh?[/QUOTE]

I'm going to have to check my Becktionary and get back to you on that.

So I bought DJ Hero at Best Buy on 7/18 and had no idea about this free turntable nonsense. I know I probably won't be able to get this deal, just curious when it began and ended.

As a huge Beck fan and someone who wants DJ Hero on the cheap AND enjoys lulz, I approve of this thread.

Also, look for a couple of new Beck songs on the Scott Pilgrim vs The World soundtrack on August 10th.

Also, I scored 4 free advance screening tickets to Scott Pilgrim vs The World, hooray!

Wow, there are either some incredibly young people in this thread or the select few that somehow missed that easily recognizable bit of pop culture... geesh! :p

[quote name='Broseph']As a huge Beck fan and someone who wants DJ Hero on the cheap AND enjoys lulz, I approve of this thread.

Also, look for a couple of new Beck songs on the Scott Pilgrim vs The World soundtrack on August 10th.

Also, I scored 4 free advance screening tickets to Scott Pilgrim vs The World, hooray![/QUOTE]

Friggin' sweet! Congrats! I can't wait for the movie.

Also are these guys noobs for not getting the reference or am I just old because I did get the reference?

[quote name='kburns10']I saw my local Gamestop (Tucson, AZ.) doing this same thing yesterday. They bundled the extra turntable with a copy of the game. I do not remember what system though. I think it might be YMMV, but this game has sold rather poorly up until now. Deals like this won't be too hard to find wherever you decide to pick a copy up.[/QUOTE]

Over a million copies is poorly? Dayum! Hard times.

[quote name='DaButtonMasher']
Also are these guys noobs for not getting the reference or am I just old because I did get the reference?[/QUOTE]

I think were getting old. :(

[quote name='JPCERTIFIED']When they scans both products a message appeared on the screen showing that the stand alone is free and hit some key to continue. So any employee could find about the deal when they scan both products.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=pcmcat214200050014&type=category[/QUOTE]

I stand corrected. I'll still pass. I can wait until the bundle drops to 39.99 or under. Plus, since I probably won't be doing co-op since I'm the only one I know interested in the game and I don't think there are co-op achievements, I don't need the extra turntable.

edit: Actually, there IS one achievement that needs two turntables to get. I'm still going to play the waiting game.

[quote name='its delicious']Bottles and cans, just :applause:[/QUOTE]

I have to say this is the only reference I don't get. I'm not a huge Beck fan, just know the more mainstream hits.

oh my how this thread has devolved. Did anybody else think the Glee Cast cover for Loser was the worst song on the show for the first season? It just totally felt out of place and those guys couldn't sign it..

anyways, are we saying this extra, free turntable is a wireless one?

I don't know what you people are talking about in this thread.

Anyway, I went to BB in Brick, NJ, and they had no idea what I was talking about when I asked if the bundle came with a free extra turntable. Picked up a $20 turntable anyhow. I like the game way more than I expected. I pretty much only listen to death metal but the music isn't bad.

[quote name='ubdu']I don't know what you people are talking about in this thread.

Anyway, I went to BB in Brick, NJ, and they had no idea what I was talking about when I asked if the bundle came with a free extra turntable. Picked up a $20 turntable anyhow. I like the game way more than I expected. I pretty much only listen to death metal but the music isn't bad.[/QUOTE]

Did you have them ring it up to see if it worked at the register?

Worked for me, on ps3, in Charleston, SC. When the checkout person rang the extra turntable up, a screen prompt popped up to make it free.

Thanks OP, this is a _great_ deal! My guess is the second turntable will really get a workout when DJ Hero 2 drops this fall.

[quote name='XRAYted315']Worked in Chicago!![/QUOTE]

Got mine in Illinois also. I had a friend go to one by his house this morning in Oswego and was able to get the deal for the PS3. He told they didn't have the deal posted so he had a employee ring it up at service and the system gave it to him.

[quote name='jonathanp']Did you have them ring it up to see if it worked at the register?[/QUOTE]

Indeed I did.

Got mine to work too in Illinois.

Scanned the turntable first, then the game bundle. A message instantly popped up about the coupon and how the cashier was supposed to accept it. Pretty sure you don't need your RZ card because it was beforehand.

Bottles and cans, just :applause:

[quote name='metallicoholic']I have to say this is the only reference I don't get. I'm not a huge Beck fan, just know the more mainstream hits.[/QUOTE]

Seriously, this thread is just pure win, between the Beck lines to the replies where they're obviously going over their heads.

As for the Bottles and cans, just :applause: - JUST CLAP YOUR HANDS, JUST CLAP YOUR HANDS!!!

Here, for the people who don't get it:

There's a destination a little up the road
From the habitations and the towns we know
A place we saw the lights turn low
Jig-saw jazz and the get-fresh flow
Pulling out jives and jamboree handouts
Two turntables and a microphone

Bottles and cans
Just clap your hands and just clap your hands

Where it's at!
I got two turntables and a microphone
Where it's at!
Where it's at!
Where it's at!
[sample]: I got two turntables and a microphone
[sample]: take me home in my elevator bones!
[sample]: that was a good drum break

Pick yourself up off the side of the road
With your elevator bones and your whip-flash tones
Members only
Hyponotizers
Move through the room like ambulance drivers
Shine your shoes with your microphone blues
Hirsuits with your parachute flutes
Passing the dutchee from coast to coast
Let the man Gary Wilson
[sample]: "rock the most"

Where it's at!
Where it's at!
What about those who swing both ways AC-DC's?
Lets make it out bay-bee

Where it's at!
Where it's at!
[sample]: Make Out City is a two-horse town
[sample]: "That's beautiful, Dad."
Get my microphone....

another working in Illinois. Guy rang it up and tried to give me 75 as total and i told him 2nd turntable was supposed to be free. Left for like 54 bucks.

33ygaao.jpg

bread's done
Back