Lips Bundle w/2 Wireless Mics (360) $24.49, #1 Hits Bundle $23.45 at Amazon

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
[IMG-R=5838]17588[/IMG-R]Amazon's 3rd party merchants have great deals on these Lips bundles. They come with (1 or 2) wireless mics that work great in Rock Band & Guitar Hero. The mics by themselves retail for $25 each. Both are eligible for free shipping and Amazon Prime.

Updated for price drop:
:360: Lips Bundle (w/2 mics) $24.49 track list
:360: Lips #1 Hits Bundle (w/1 mic) $23.45 track list

Last edited by a moderator:
Urgh. I really want it for the mics. I just recently bought the standalone drum kit for Rock Band and I've already got the guitar... I just need a mic! 2 mics and a game for $27 is hard to beat.

Bleh. Nice find Cheapy!

yeah much cheaper than buying Mics individually (since these are the same ones that MS sells boxed)

Too bad I bought a Lips bundle a couple weeks back that was in Spanish for them for $30. Now to find someone to unload the game onto....

Not trying to thread crap on this as it's a good deal since 1 boxed mic is like $30 but I was in Kmart yesterday and found this same bundle on clearance for $14.99. Of course, YMMV but if it helps just one other person, this whole post was worth it!

[quote name='BigPopov']yeah much cheaper than buying Mics individually (since these are the same ones that MS sells boxed)

Too bad I bought a Lips bundle a couple weeks back that was in Spanish for them for $30. Now to find someone to unload the game onto....[/QUOTE]
How about...THIS GUY.:wave:
I don't know spanish, but I love the Lips series now. Have all the games except the spanish and german ones.

Those wireless mics were $50 or $60 each at Best Buy the other days. This is a metrosexual haul.

I grabbed the pack for $15 at Kmart earlier. The hilarious thing about it was that directly above the bundle was the single mic going for 49.99. On the opposite side of the aisle, the same mic was going for 29.99.

They were ALL the same microphones. I just had to laugh at this.

Do these mics have a universal USB wireless dongle? (Really asking if I can use this on my PS3 or Wii)

[quote name='jccjr1982']Do these mics have a universal USB wireless dongle? (Really asking if I can use this on my PS3 or Wii)[/QUOTE]

no, theres no dongle, i dont think you can use it on anything but a Xbox360

Thanks for the heads-up.

My friends picked up the 2-mic bundle, so I think we're good for now between us for Rock Band gamenights.

Too bad Lips and Lips #1Hits work so badly together (from what I've been able to gather).

Fingers crossed for $15 on 1-mic bundle and $20 on the 2-mic one. All I really want is one mic for Rock Band cuz using a headset takes a bit away from the fun. ~_~

[quote name='frpilot']is the Lips game included in this bundle the same as the Lips #1 hits bundle?[/QUOTE]
They are two separate games with different songs.
The mics by themselves retail for $25 each.

Thanks Cheapy

Picked this up for Rockband 3. Need more wireless accessories cause having 2+ wired mics plugged in for RB3 would create a mess and destruction when rocking harmonies in Bohemian Rhapsody.

FYI: here are all the games the mics work with

Band Hero
The Beatles™: Rock Band
Disney’s Sing it! High School Musical 3: Senior Year*
Guitar Hero®: Smash Hits
Guitar Hero® 5
Guitar Hero®: Metallica
Guitar Hero®: Van Halen
Konami Karaoke Revolution®
Lego® Rock Band™
Lips™*
Lips™ Number one Hits*
Rock Band™ 2**

FYI: here are all the games the mics work with

Band Hero
The Beatles: Rock Band
Disney’s Sing it! High School Musical 3: Senior Year
Guitar Hero: Smash Hits
Guitar Hero 5
Guitar Hero: Metallica
Guitar Hero: Van Halen
Konami Karaoke Revolution
Lego Rock Band
Lips
Lips Number one Hits
Rock Band 2

Some titles require a title update from Live, so if you can't connect to LIVE you might be screwed.

Achievement whores, all the Lips games count as one game for 1750 points. If you want to 100% it in the US you have to import the 80s disc.

Also if you own the expansions discs and want to play songs on a different disc you have to switch discs.

The mics are nice and worth the price. I'd look for the $14.xx set at Kmart if you can. I might pick up the expansion and gift it to a chick I know

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Can someone compare the Lips games to the SingStar series? I've heard that the recognition can be wonky.[/QUOTE]

Where to begin...

Both have terrible aftermarket DLC support. Lips has about 300 or so songs available to purchase. Singstar has nearly 1000. Lips updates come about once every week (Friday), while Singstar updates every two weeks if you're lucky.

I'm a veteran of both and I prefer Lips over Singstar, just due to the wireless mic support. Lips #1 Hits has a cleaner interface.

Both play pretty much the same. Both have videos in the background, although you can switch out the video in Lips with a cheesy vid if you desire.

Singstar has trophies. Lips has achievements.

Let me know what else you might have questions about.

[quote name='Terrenceistheman']anyone know answer to this?
can i import lips #1 hits into lips ala Rockband 1 into RB 2?

thanks[/QUOTE]

no. Check my post a couple posts up.

Thanks Cheapy - picked up the 2 mic bundle, between this and the Fred Meyer Beatles deal, all our instruments/mics are wireless - no wires is a real good thing with a 6 month old cruising around.....

cool, i bought the #1 Hits bundle when it was $20 for a friend's Bday gift. I'll tell him about the Lips deal since he's been in love with the game but needs more mics lol.

Disc swapping is only horrible if you play an original Lips song which requires a double swap. However, if you're playing I Love 80's and want to play a song from Party classics, it's only going one swap to sing your song and then access the rest of the Party classics disc.

Out of all the singing only games on 360, Lips is by far the best and I've had few complaints about the DLC so far. I have only about 11 achievements to get the full 1750 and some of those are just tedious like 100k, 150k, and 200k stars, etc.

I thought I'd weigh in on the Lips v Singstar debate. I had Lips first and then purchased a PS3 and SS. Lips has always had technical issues for me. When I play Lips, I usually get video lag which makes it hard to correctly perform the songs (check the MS Lips forums for more info). The disk swap feature frequently locks my 360. All in all, a poor showing from MS as far as karaoke is concerned. I do own all the games however so bad technical features or not, I still enjoy Lips.

I've had none of these problems with SS however and a bonus of SS is that you can disk swap the ps2 versions of the game (no backwards compatible ps3 needed). SS also has real time head-to-head karaoke battles. Overall, I enjoy SS better but I do like both games.

I have to admit that i have always wanted lips. and at this price i broke down and finally bought it at this price i couldn't say no. The wife was really happy so that worked in my favor too

I bought it just because 2 mics for that price is too good to pass up.

Does anybody know if the Amazon trade-in price is for just the game or the whole bundle? If it's just the game I wouldn't mind flipping it right back to them.

[quote name='alamak']I bought it just because 2 mics for that price is too good to pass up.

Does anybody know if the Amazon trade-in price is for just the game or the whole bundle? If it's just the game I wouldn't mind flipping it right back to them.[/QUOTE]

bump for this guy, I was thinking the SAME thing...

Be advised that, at least for RB2, people did not think the mics worked very well. Lots of lag in the game, for some reason (maybe because the mic was trying to send all the motion info, as well).

Mics work fine for me in Rock Band. Even earn gold stars with it. Now if I can find a deal on Lips Party Classics.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='crazedracerguy']Be advised that, at least for RB2, people did not think the mics worked very well. Lots of lag in the game, for some reason (maybe because the mic was trying to send all the motion info, as well).[/QUOTE]

They've worked completely fine for me ever since the patch came out months ago...

Anyone that's on the fence about the game... I absolutely love Lips. It's a blast to play alone or in a party - it really shines when you have friends + liquor.

bread's done
Back