Sega retrogen portable $19.90, ~$26 shipped. (price drop)

h3llbring3r

CAGiversary!
Feedback
58 (100%)
$19.90 @ gogamer.com
http://www.gogamer.com/SEGA-Retroge...ewprod.htm?AID=171950&PID=361116&SID=FW902ny0

fullsize.jpg

Overview - Resurrect the memories and carry them wherever you go! The RetroGen handheld plays all of your favorite Genesis and Megadrive cartridges including Sonic the Hedgehog, Streets of Rage, and much more! Displaying them in stunning detail on a 2.8" color LCD screen, you'll experience the nostalgia of your glory days when you were glued to the TV for hours without end.
Product Features

• 2.8" color LCD screen
  • Compatible with Genesis cartridges
  • Includes an AV cable to play on any supporting TV set
  • 262k color graphics
  • Integrated headphone jack
  • Built-in rechargeable battery pack
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ouz_SQk3-jY

You probably should have just posted the price update in the previous thread then. I mean thanks for the price update, but it doesn't really needs a second thread.

[quote name='S0DA POPINSKI']Hmmm. I think I might want this. Anyone have one who can say if its good or not?[/QUOTE]

Here are some reviews from Amazon customers who have reviewed the product. I especially appreciate the review that has the side-by-side Nomad comparisons.

[quote name='Squarehard']You probably should have just posted the price update in the previous thread then. I mean thanks for the price update, but it doesn't really needs a second thread.[/QUOTE]
Thanks boss.

Steer clear. This isn't true hardware this is clone garbage. The sound is high pitched or totally garbage and massive incompatibilities; even games like Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo bomb.

Watch the online reviews. I spent an hour digging throuh them last night. Not pretty.

Stick with a Nomad.

Hmm... I think I just want a Nomad. I can mod a rechargeable battery together for it that might do the trick. Now to just find a Nomad on CAG.

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']This is a waste of time and money, so is the Nomad. I'll stick with playing all these games on my DS Lite.[/QUOTE]

This is why the DS(x) prints money.

[quote name='ViolentLee']^ Kinda tough to jam those Genny cartridges into the DS card slot, ain't it? ;P[/QUOTE]

Some how it's possible. lol

Huh...I ought to see what Genesis cartridges I still have. Sounds like it's kind of crappy though, and I'm worried it would wreck them of something...if not that maybe the chrome buttons have lead in them or something? I mean how is this so cheap otherwise?

bread's done
Back