DC Universe Online

Clak

CAGiversary!
Anyone been following this? I've wanted a good comic based MMO for a while, I don't know if this will be it or not, but it doesn't look too bad.

I'm interested, but $15 a month along with no cross platform action with the PS3 is lame to me. That combined with the fact that none of my friends are even semi-interested means I'll be skipping this one.

I was in the beta...here's my thought that I posted on the DC forums along with other people...BTW - the installation is a lot less now - 6 to 7 Gb...

[quote name='Megazell']Too bad the game is 100% trash.

I'm in the beta also - I had to uninstall that nonsense.

I was on your team during the bank heist.

Character creation = Awesome

Combat = Same animations - Different colors - Different numbers - Quite boring

Missions = Many of the missions are fucking awesome...

Boss Battles = All fucking bossing die and have the same way to beat them... Destroy 4 to 6 objects in their vicinity so that they can take full damage. Every villain is easy as fuck to beat.

Installation = 30 Gbs....Age of Conan is 27 Gb but that game is pretty as fuck and every mission looks different and every boss is no joke after lvl 2.

4.3 out of 10 stars. Not worth 15 bucks a month with 11/02/10 as a release date I fear this game will catch a lot of suckers though and it will crumble soon after if they don't start making some serious changes to the animations and boss battles.

All of the CGI scenes in the game are great.[/QUOTE]​

[quote name='Megazell']
I was in the beta...here's my thought that I posted on the DC forums along with other people...BTW - the installation is a lot less now - 6 to 7 Gb...​

[/QUOTE]

Yup, keyword being BETA. You werent playing the final product of the game, you were playing a early build and alot can change. Thats as stupid as ordering a whopper and then going back and eating it before the guy finishes putting the hamburger, lettuce and mayo on it and then walking out telling everyone their whoppers suck.

I played the beta for games like everquest and ultima online and they were shit in the beta even months before the game came out but the final product was much better.

[quote name='gargus']Yup, keyword being BETA. You werent playing the final product of the game, you were playing a early build and alot can change. Thats as stupid as ordering a whopper and then going back and eating it before the guy finishes putting the hamburger, lettuce and mayo on it and then walking out telling everyone their whoppers suck.

I played the beta for games like everquest and ultima online and they were shit in the beta even months before the game came out but the final product was much better.[/QUOTE]

Here we go with this argument.

A beta obviously isn't the final product, but a beta that's this close to release is generally a pretty good representation of what the final game will be like. If the game were coming out a year from now, you'd have a point.

[quote name='gargus']Yup, keyword being BETA. You werent playing the final product of the game, you were playing a early build and alot can change. Thats as stupid as ordering a whopper and then going back and eating it before the guy finishes putting the hamburger, lettuce and mayo on it and then walking out telling everyone their whoppers suck.

I played the beta for games like everquest and ultima online and they were shit in the beta even months before the game came out but the final product was much better.[/QUOTE]

Yeah....so um what's your point again...When all of what you stated I addressed....Yeah...

[quote name='SEH']Here we go with this argument.

A beta obviously isn't the final product, but a beta that's this close to release is generally a pretty good representation of what the final game will be like. If the game were coming out a year from now, you'd have a point.[/QUOTE]

I think he just wants to argue for arguments sake.

It's Megazell... his opinion is worth as much as a toothless crack addicts opinion.

I'll be honest though, game looks boring as hell... and that's not just me hating on DC.

[quote name='georox']It's Megazell... his opinion is worth as much as a toothless crack addicts opinion.

I'll be honest though, game looks boring as hell... and that's not just me hating on DC.[/QUOTE]

Emotional Gamers LOL!

It's just pixels bro...wait til you're old enough to have hair on your chest...the world is a harsh place...:lol:​

[quote name='Megazell']

Emotional Gamers LOL!

It's just pixels bro...wait til you're old enough to have hair on your chest...the world is a harsh place...:lol:​
[/QUOTE]

You seriously have to calm down. People are just talking about a game. Just because you're an idiot and people call you out on it, there's no reason to be mad.

So are they going to charge for playing this? Last I heard it was going to be free to play after you bought the game then I read that they might make it so you can buy gear with real cash like some other games are doing. I was going to check this out but if I have to pay every month then count me out.

[quote name='SEH']Here we go with this argument.

A beta obviously isn't the final product, but a beta that's this close to release is generally a pretty good representation of what the final game will be like. If the game were coming out a year from now, you'd have a point.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, this sounds exactly like the people who supported Star trek Online. As a matter of fact it looks like the same business plan.

1) Take very popular IP
2) Rush out "beta".
3) ?????
4) Profit (not)

[quote name='sendme']So are they going to charge for playing this? Last I heard it was going to be free to play after you bought the game then I read that they might make it so you can buy gear with real cash like some other games are doing. I was going to check this out but if I have to pay every month then count me out.[/QUOTE]

Nope. It's not 'F2P.' They did say there were thinking about going that route...But I think like 'APB' they threw that out there to get some buzz about it.​

Saying you're flirting with the idea of making your game F2P has a negative effect in my opinion. They get people excited thinking they can finally play an MMO that doesn't require a monthly fee, then they go ahead and charge monthly.

At least it isn't as bad as it was with APB though. They outright said there would be no monthly fee's then went ahead and charged anyways.

I'm interested, but I wont be giving it a shot until there's a trial of some sort. If you're going to pay $15/month for a MMO, why play anything but WoW?

It is an SOE game. This guarentees the following:

1) Rushed broken product at release

2) patches far between that end up breaking more things than fixing them

3) patches later on become pure fix updates for things they broke, but again end up breaking other things

4) gameplay will follow a similar formula the whole way.

5) massive SCR mod abuse, many that like to cause ingame drama themselves.

6) after hitting peak profits before a massive unsub rate, SOE will fire or move most of the dev to the new SOE mmo (and start back at 1) for the most part) while slowly dwindle the game down till shutdown, sucking as much remaining profit without dev costs.

Reference: The Matrix Online (primary) other SOE mmos (backup)

I don't mean to be hating on DC Universe Online itself, but this is pretty much the steps (like clockwork) SOE is known to do for ages now.

bread's done
Back