Thoughts: This a good deal for a PSP?

RockinTheRedDog

CAGiversary!
Feedback
15 (100%)
So tomorrow i'm going to meet up with this NYU student from craigslist that's selling his silver PSP 3000.

It's $135 (got him down from $150) 1 year old with the following games.

Castlevania: Dracula X Chronicles (with case)
Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII (with case)
Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness (with case)
Disgaea 2: Dark Hero Days (with case)
Dissidia (no case; disc is in PSP)
Final Fantasy 1 (with Play n Trade case)
Final Fantasy Tactics (with case, manual,strategy guide)
Jeanne D'Arc (with case and manual)
Puzzle Quest (with case)
Star Ocean: Second Evolution (with Play n Trade case)
Star Ocean: First Departure (with Play n Trade case)
Wild Arms XF (with case and manual)

Included with the PSP is a 2GB Memory Stick and the DC adapter.

So...good deal? We've been emailing back and forth all night. He sent me a picture of it...no scuffs, minor wear on the screen but you can't see it when it's on he said. Everything looks good and he just seems like a fellow RPG lover that needs some cash and doesn't play his psp anymore. Thoughts?

I would say most if not all of those games are a-list awesome titles, and are probably worth the $135 alone. The only down side is you'll definitely want to get a bigger memory card if you intend on having a lot of your downloadable titles on hand.

[quote name='panzerfaust']The man has taste, and therefore he's probably an honest person :applause:

That's an excellent deal.[/QUOTE]

Ha! I said the same thing! I'm pickin it up tomorrow. Birthday gift to me!:bouncy:

I thought it was for a 2000 before re-reading that it's a silver 3000, so you'll get the built-in mic along with the video out and everything else. With that set of games, looks like a good deal to me.

From the list of the games, yeah definitely worth it. I assume everything is in at least good condition without any need for repairs, right?

You should consider an additional 4GB or 8GB memory stick if you are going to DL games/movies from the PSN.

[quote name='skyknight']You should consider an additional 4GB or 8GB memory stick if you are going to DL games/movies from the PSN.[/QUOTE]

I would actually say go as big as you can on the memory stick (if funds allow, that is). Mine came with a 4 gig, and it's...inadequate when it comes to carrying around everything I want to.

Thanks for the advice! I actually have another memory stick that i've had for an old sony ericcson phone on hand so i think i'm good for now.

I couldn't pass this deal up since all of those games I would be buying anyways. Totally excited to pick this up. Plus i'm going to Jamaica on Friday, so this'll totally occupy me on the flight.

[quote name='Buuhan1']Holy- Does the guy know how much he's cheating himself?[/QUOTE]

Hahaha...when I met him to buy it he was telling me that he just doesn't play it anymore. He really needed the cash for rent and being an NYU student living in Williamsburg Brooklyn, I don't blame the kid. Good guy though...I guess he just didn't know what he really had.

There's a small part of me that feels a teeny, tiny bit bad that I got him down to $135 from $150 cause everything is in near mint condition but I'm a CAGer :D

This came in SO handy on the plane ride to/from Jamaica. I've been mostly playing Star Ocean: First Departure and Crisis Core. Not sure how I feel about Dissidia. I may put that and FF1 on Goozex. We'll see. I think I might pick up Hot Shots Tennis. The demo is SO much fun.

Any recommendations?

[quote name='RockinTheRedDog']
This came in SO handy on the plane ride to/from Jamaica. I've been mostly playing Star Ocean: First Departure and Crisis Core. Not sure how I feel about Dissidia. I may put that and FF1 on Goozex. We'll see. I think I might pick up Hot Shots Tennis. The demo is SO much fun.

Any recommendations?[/QUOTE]

The seller has to decide for himself which is the best action, if he agrees to sold you at a low price, he can only take the blame for himself for not asking around.

Dissidia - the more I play, the lesser I like. Not a REAL fighting gaming nor a decent RPG, its more of a fan-service to FF diehards. If you don't like it, trade it! DO the same for all games you have.

The Hot Shots series are supposed to be easy-to-play-to-enjoy spots games. Tennis is the latest one, and there were two golf games released on the PSP years ago.

Do spend some time on each game and see if you do like them or not. Gotta make sure what type of gamer are yourself!

I know that the Hot Shots games are meant to be cartoon-ish, but do they offer enough realism to be played as a real sports game?

For example, Wii Sports golf was cartoon-ish, but it still had enough realism to be played like any other golf video game (except much simpler).

[quote name='Vhehs2']I know that the Hot Shots games are meant to be cartoon-ish, but do they offer enough realism to be played as a real sports game?

For example, Wii Sports golf was cartoon-ish, but it still had enough realism to be played like any other golf video game (except much simpler).[/QUOTE]

For one thing, don't expect realistic controls like Wii Sports, you are going to using face buttons and d-pads to control the strength and direction of your character's action. And your character grows in certain attributes, as well as extra customs to wear.

bread's done
Back