GoGamer Madness: PC bundles & more

Blood Bowl & Section 8 bundle for $6.90 is a good deal. Ordered the bundle 2 weeks ago when it was on sale last time. Section 8 is worth the money.

I just picked up the Blood Bowl/Section 8 and the Prey/Velvet Assassin bundles. I've been waiting for a good deal on Section 8 so this was a nice grab.

Is it Securom in activation or disc check mode? I'm okay with it (grudgingly okay that is...) in disc check...not that I should be buying it anyway 'cause I'd probably not be able to figure it out, but I guess it keeps reminding me of Mutant League Football :lol:

Yikes, Prey and Velvet Assassin together? That's kind of hilarious....like play Velvet Assassin first because it's supposed to be terrible, and then use Prey to cleanse the pallet :whistle2:D

EDIT: Oh, and Legendary and Mercs 2 BOTH have activation-I know for a fact because I made the mistake of buying them a few weeks back.

[quote name='frpilot']so these are pc dvds? i might bite on the section 8 pack and the mercinaries 2.[/QUOTE]

I think so, almost all PC games are now PC DVD-Rom.

lmao at Two Worlds and Rise of the Argonauts. Two god awful games for a "please take it off my virtual shelf" price ;). In for blood bowl and Section 8. Been waiting for a xbox 360 deal on blood bowl but since it'll never happen, this will do.

I think so, almost all PC games are now PC DVD-Rom.

I think he was asking if they were digital download or hard copy form. Unless he was asking if they were on cds or floppy discs ;)

[quote name='Wolfpup']Yikes, Prey and Velvet Assassin together? That's kind of hilarious....like play Velvet Assassin first because it's supposed to be terrible, and then use Prey to cleanse the pallet :whistle2:D[/QUOTE]

I actually enjoyed the shit out of Velvet Assassin. I found it for Xbox for $4 and thought there was no way I couldn't get my money's worth for that little, and I'm really glad I picked it up. It's a rough game to be sure, because you have to play the game exactly the way the developers had in mind. There isn't a lot of leeway on how to evade your pursuers or when to take out guards - you have to be almost exact with your timing.

What I liked most, I guess, is the setting. World War II is a typical setting in every other type of game but stealth. Most other stealth games feature modern settings and loads of guns; in this game, if you have to use a gun, you will almost certainly die since ammo is so scarce in this game and the main character can only take two or three hits at most. Velvet Assassin is like a poor man's Thief, which I also happened to love.

I want to get Prey, but since the bundle price is the same as Prey alone, it's like getting VA for free. Even if I hate it, that's not too bad of a deal.

In for the Blood Bowl/Section 8 combo. I've been wanting to try Blood Bowl for awhile and Section 8 looks like more than enough to justify the purchase.

EDIT: FYI, Blood Bowl can be patched to the Dark Elves edition.

I kind of like that Prey/Velvet Assassin bundle, but I'm sure my $4.90 is best spent elsewhere.

Have I made the right choice?

EDIT: I noticed that both Prey and Velvet Assassin can be activated on Steam, which I find to be two nice pluses. By the way, do those grip things for the 360 controller actually come with your purchase? I keep confusing my 360 controller with my pal's gamepads, which is frustrating since they're not as careful as myself.

EDIT 2: Forgot GoGamer's steep shipping. ($4.99, in this case.) Bye bye, deal.

[quote name='korn4004']How much is the shipping anyone know?[/QUOTE]

1 game $2.99
2 games $4.99
3 games $5.99
4 games $6.99

I just realized I got a free pair of the grip-it stick covers with an order a couple of weeks ago. Completely missed it in the bottom of the envelope.

[quote name='whitereflection']I actually enjoyed the shit out of Velvet Assassin. I found it for Xbox for $4 and thought there was no way I couldn't get my money's worth for that little, and I'm really glad I picked it up. It's a rough game to be sure, because you have to play the game exactly the way the developers had in mind. There isn't a lot of leeway on how to evade your pursuers or when to take out guards - you have to be almost exact with your timing.

What I liked most, I guess, is the setting. World War II is a typical setting in every other type of game but stealth. Most other stealth games feature modern settings and loads of guns; in this game, if you have to use a gun, you will almost certainly die since ammo is so scarce in this game and the main character can only take two or three hits at most. Velvet Assassin is like a poor man's Thief, which I also happened to love.[/QUOTE]

Cool! Well if I ever see it cheap I may give it a try then. The setting/concept were certainly cool!

I ordered 2 bundles (4 games) on Wednesday, chose the dirt cheap shipping and received my order today (Friday)! That was incredibly fast. If you order 3 or more games you are automatically upgraded to priority shipping.

bread's done
Back