Logitech G15 keyboard $40 aMIR - Newegg *DEAD*

[quote name='elitexgamer1']Code doesn't work :wall:[/QUOTE]

The OP is actually from the future. Where this code works. 12AM PST 8/12/10. He just missed a slight detail, code will be working in 8 minutes lol.

[quote name='monkeyz']The OP is actually from the future. Where this code works. 12AM PST 8/12/10. He just missed a slight detail, code will be working in 8 minutes lol.[/QUOTE]

My bad, but I already knew that because I'm from the future.

[quote name='dnarwhat']whats the advantage of this board[/QUOTE]

Macroable keys, backlit keyboard, customizable HUD screen on the top of the keyboard and slots for headset/mouse on the keyboard to keep your junk tidy. I really wish I had the cash for this thing, my second computer is in dire need of a new keyboard :(

[quote name='dnarwhat']is the Razer Lycosa any better than Logitech G15[/QUOTE]

It's a preference thing. No personal experience (I won an Arctosa, mostly the same thing but no g15) but from what I understand, Lycosa's hotkeys are better but Logitech has the screen thingy, button media keys instead of touch sensitive and logitech offers better support. Plus this board is way cheaper atm.

[quote name='dnarwhat']whats the advantage of this board[/QUOTE]
In-game ventrilo controls and being able to see who is keying up. Everything else is icing.

Hm. I've got an original G15, but for this price I might bite on this.

Anyone know if this one is any smaller than the orignal G15? It's the only problem I have with it. It doesn't quite fit on my computer desk without overlapping a little bit onto my mouse pad.

I bit on this as well; had been looking for a keyboard replacement for some time. Thanks OP.

[quote name='Lawyers Guns N Money']Hm. I've got an original G15, but for this price I might bite on this.

Anyone know if this one is any smaller than the orignal G15? It's the only problem I have with it. It doesn't quite fit on my computer desk without overlapping a little bit onto my mouse pad.[/QUOTE]

I just measured my G15rev2, it's a hair over 19" wide at the fattest point, if that helps.

hmmm, I have a MS Sidewinder X6 for gaming and normally use a MS Natural KB 4000... I know this is a personal preference, but does anyone have any experience with both (siderwinder vs. g15).

Yes, I am reading comments from googling :)

[quote name='SportInjectionR']I just measured my G15rev2, it's a hair over 19" wide at the fattest point, if that helps.[/QUOTE]
Sweet. Thanks!

The old G15 is like 21.5" wide. Would you do me a favor and measure front to back (without the wrist rest)?

Great price. Picked one up. This should definitely be an upgrade to my crappy wireless Microsoft keyboard (even though this is wired). Will be a great feature to my custom computer later this year.

Thanks OP!

Does anyone know how this revision compares to the original in terms of typing feel? I have the original and it is quite bad for normal use. Some of the keys have almost no feed back. Thinking about picking this one up if it is any better since I like having a few extra macro keys on the side.

Also, like someone else asked I would like to know how this compares to the MS sidewinder too.

I have never done aMIR before. How reliable are they with sending you a check? Would I need to use certified mail?

[quote name='Foofaraw']I have never done aMIR before. How reliable are they with sending you a check? Would I need to use certified mail?[/QUOTE]
I've done two in the past with Logitech and never had a problem. They always came within the stated processing time, too.

[quote name='Foofaraw']I have never done aMIR before. How reliable are they with sending you a check? Would I need to use certified mail?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Jodou']I've done two in the past with Logitech and never had a problem. They always came within the stated processing time, too.[/QUOTE]

Same here. If you have access to a copier, make sure to copy everything just in case and you should be good.

I use the G13 all the time. It's an excellent peripheral. One reason I got it is that I don't like using WASD for movement but I still want to aim with a mouse. The G15 lets me move with an alalog stick and have easy, programmable access to all the other keys I'd need.

It's a good idea to set up your own control profiles for your games or customize existing ones to make them feel just right. For instance, I mainly use the keys on the bottom and right rows, not the others. So I put the main functions there. I may also put weapon select functions on the arrow keys at the top/middle because they're easy to find by touch. The left row I use for non-essential stuff, like the Steam overlay or other menus.

Edit: Wrong keyboard.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='MooMooxPants']So is the deal still active? Cuz it isn't working for me at the moment. I need to enter the code at checkout correct?[/QUOTE]

I am having the same problem and it says the offer is not valid

[quote name='eastx']I use the G15 all the time. It's an excellent peripheral. One reason I got it is that I don't like using WASD for movement but I still want to aim with a mouse. The G15 lets me move with an alalog stick and have easy, programmable access to all the other keys I'd need.

It's a good idea to set up your own control profiles for your games or customize existing ones to make them feel just right. For instance, I mainly use the keys on the bottom and right rows, not the others. So I put the main functions there. I may also put weapon select functions on the arrow keys at the top/middle because they're easy to find by touch. The left row I use for non-essential stuff, like the Steam overlay or other menus.[/QUOTE]
The G15 doesn't have a stick, are you thinking about the G13?

[quote name='Lawyers Guns N Money']The G15 doesn't have a stick, are you thinking about the G13?[/QUOTE]

Doh! I should know better. Yep, G13.

Got my package today. I'm liking it compared to my old keyboard, the orientation of the keys are a bit different than my old keyboard (feels like it got shifted left, so i'm typing some letters wrong). I guess I just have to get use to it.

Time to work on that rebate now

bread's done
Back