CaseyRyback

Staff member
Feedback
131 (100%)
Could not connect to smtp host : 61 : Connection refused

DEBUG MODE

Line : 111
File : smtp.php

Also there is some code above the links to home, FAQ and such.

The message sends, it is just what appears after a message is sent

The term SMTP has to do with sending email, so it might be a glitch in the routine that sends someone email notification that they have a new PM. Probably why the message still goes through, probably the person just isn't getting email notifications.

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky']The term SMTP has to do with sending email, so it might be a glitch in the routine that sends someone email notification that they have a new PM. Probably why the message still goes through, probably the person just isn't getting email notifications.[/quote]

(S)imple (M)ail (T)ransfer (P)rotocol I believe

[quote name='rockhero'][quote name='WhipSmartBanky']The term SMTP has to do with sending email, so it might be a glitch in the routine that sends someone email notification that they have a new PM. Probably why the message still goes through, probably the person just isn't getting email notifications.[/quote]

(S)imple (M)ail (T)ransfer (P)rotocol I believe[/quote]

W0rd.

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky']The term SMTP has to do with sending email, so it might be a glitch in the routine that sends someone email notification that they have a new PM. Probably why the message still goes through, probably the person just isn't getting email notifications.[/quote]

Yeah, that's exactly what's wrong. I was curious, and wanted to know if this was the problem, so I PM'd myself, and didn't get an email.

[quote name='Trakan'][quote name='WhipSmartBanky']The term SMTP has to do with sending email, so it might be a glitch in the routine that sends someone email notification that they have a new PM. Probably why the message still goes through, probably the person just isn't getting email notifications.[/quote]

Yeah, that's exactly what's wrong. I was curious, and wanted to know if this was the problem, so I PM'd myself, and didn't get an email.[/quote]

Would that still happen for people who don't have e-mail notification on? I don't have it on, but was still getting the error everytime I tried to send a PM.

I have a guy working on CAG server security this afternoon/evening, so it may be caused by his work in progress...

Ingore this, please. I keep getting the PMs I'm trying to send back (something about a debug mode?), so I'm just seeing if I can post at all right now!

I think it still sends the PM even if you get the error message (I just sent a PM, got the message, and got a response from the poster back).

[quote name='DuelLadyS']Ingore this, please. I keep getting the PMs I'm trying to send back (something about a debug mode?), so I'm just seeing if I can post at all right now![/quote]

It does the same thing when you post right now. I think since the posts go through, your PMs probably are actually going through too.

[quote name='CheapyD']I have a guy working on CAG server security this afternoon/evening, so it may be caused by his work in progress...[/quote]
Obviously this new server guy sucks.
You will get errors whenever you do something that requires the server to send an email (topic notificatoin, pm notification, etc...) Hopefully it will be fixed soon.

EDIT: Its fixed now...thanks Defender!

OK, at least I know what's going on now (read: I know it's not my PC. It doesn't matter what's wrong,but if something goes wrong the last user tends to blamed. :cry: )

bread's done
Back