Is Cash Recommended

tfro

CAG Veteran
This is a pretty simple question. Is it safe and or recommended to use cash on here. I ask this cause i dont have a credit card or paypal account and if i want to get something, cash is my only option. what do you think.

No never use cash.

I would if I were you get a paypal account for this stuff. Its quick, its easy and as long as you DONT send payment as a gift you can get your money back if need be.

Cash if it gets lost its gone, if mailman sees money and keeps it then its lost, if the person you decide wants to keep the cash and screw you then who is to say he ever got it or you sent it?

Money orders you have to pay, you have to go get one everytime you need one. Paypal in 30 seconds your golden and if you have a problem you can bitch to them, anyother way no one will care what happens.

[quote name='gargus']No never use cash.

I would if I were you get a paypal account for this stuff. Its quick, its easy and as long as you DONT send payment as a gift you can get your money back if need be.

Cash if it gets lost its gone, if mailman sees money and keeps it then its lost, if the person you decide wants to keep the cash and screw you then who is to say he ever got it or you sent it?

Money orders you have to pay, you have to go get one everytime you need one. Paypal in 30 seconds your golden and if you have a problem you can bitch to them, anyother way no one will care what happens.[/QUOTE]
Paypal fees=teh suck though

That's why even though I have an account I only take USPS money orders or CASH money.

If you send cash through the mail, you're just asking to get ripped off. Assuming it doesn't get 'lost' along the way, you have no proof that you sent anything to the other party.

I don't mind being paid with USPS money orders. They cost about a dollar, and you can buy them at the post office. They're less risky than cash, because the post office will investigate if you report that one has been stolen. I don't know how successful their investigations are, but there is absolutely no chance of getting your cash back if it's stolen from the mail.

As a seller, I like them because I can cash them right at the post office. I don't have to take it to the bank and wait 10 days to make sure that it's not fraudulent.

[quote name='chiwii']I don't mind being paid with USPS money orders. They cost about a dollar, and you can buy them at the post office. They're less risky than cash, because the post office will investigate if you report that one has been stolen. I don't know how successful their investigations are, but there is absolutely no chance of getting your cash back if it's stolen from the mail.

As a seller, I like them because I can cash them right at the post office. I don't have to take it to the bank and wait 10 days to make sure that it's not fraudulent.[/QUOTE]
Exactly. That's why I suggest them as well since they have serial #'s on them. Cash is at the buyer's own risk if they don't feel like going to get a MO.

[quote name='chiwii']I don't mind being paid with USPS money orders. They cost about a dollar, and you can buy them at the post office. They're less risky than cash, because the post office will investigate if you report that one has been stolen. I don't know how successful their investigations are, but there is absolutely no chance of getting your cash back if it's stolen from the mail.

As a seller, I like them because I can cash them right at the post office. I don't have to take it to the bank and wait 10 days to make sure that it's not fraudulent.[/QUOTE]

does the po #$#$# you over the same way a normal money order does

I remember my mother send a money order and they said they never got it (it was a water bill) she had to pay 30 bucks to do a tracker on that money order

found out the water company did cash it and they was force to pay the 30 for the tracker

[quote name='slidecage']does the po #$#$# you over the same way a normal money order does

I remember my mother send a money order and they said they never got it (it was a water bill) she had to pay 30 bucks to do a tracker on that money order

found out the water company did cash it and they was force to pay the 30 for the tracker[/QUOTE]

I've never had any problems with USPS money orders, so I don't know how the investigations work. However, if your mother had tried to pay that bill with cash instead of a money order, there wouldn't be a tracker. She would have been stuck paying the bill a second time.

bread's done
Back