Halo Reach Limited Edition Guide on sale at Amazon for $18.89 (ships in 1-4 mths)

karamsoul

CAGiversary!
Hi Guys,

This is my first thread ever on a deal :)

http://www.amazon.com/Reach-Limited...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1281729757&sr=8-1

The Halo Reach Limited Edition Guide by Brady Games is on sale (for pre-order) at Amazon.com
for $23.09, $11.90 off the MSRP of $34.99.

The standard guide is also on sale for $13.49, $6.50 off the MSRP of $19.99:

http://www.amazon.com/Reach-Signatu...=sr_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1281730067&sr=1-2

Free 2-Day shipping if you are an Amazon Prime member (or put in some fillers to reach $25 for
free standard shipping if you are not) and no tax!

I ordered one. Both versions will release on September 3rd, 2010!

Thanks.

Comparing the regular and limited edition from Gamestop.com yields the following difference:

Exclusive 96 PAGE DEVELOPER'S DIARY with CONCEPT ART and personal commentary from the design team at Bungie studios. A MUST for any Halo fan!

Just saw it's marked down to $18.89! Of course I doubt anyone can place new orders, but for those of us who have preordered it's a better drop. =D

OP, having been around forever and never having posted a deal as well (not by choice, I just never seem to stumble upon any before someone else already posts it), I applaud you.
:applause:

[quote name='ninja dog']Better get this...those Halo games are next to impossible without a strategy guide.[/QUOTE]

you gotta be sh1tting me man... :roll: Halo is not RPG.. why do you even need a guide..unless for collector's purpose?

[quote name='agentghost']you gotta be sh1tting me man... :roll: Halo is not RPG.. why do you even need a guide..unless for collector's purpose?[/QUOTE]
Pretty sure he was being sarcastic brah.

This is a good deal for anyone into collector's stuff I guess, these guides do go for quite a bit after they've released.

[quote name='agentghost']you gotta be sh1tting me man... :roll: Halo is not RPG.. why do you even need a guide..unless for collector's purpose?[/QUOTE]

i just like to know where the weapons are in the levels and if there are any codes for the game

[quote name='ninja dog']i just like to know where the weapons are in the levels and if there are any codes for the game[/QUOTE]

Forge/Theater makes it super easy to find the weapons in each level. All I do is either go around in forge to find them or watch a replay and wait until someone picks up the gun and uses it. Then I rewind and see where they picked it up. It may be a tad slower, but it will help you learn the levels far more than a picture in a book will.

Update: Seems like both the versions of the guides are "Temporarily out of stock". According to Amazon, they should have shipped out on September 3rd. Received an email from them saying that Amazon would update me as to when the guide will ship out.

Good news out of this, though.

The Limited Edition Halo Reach Guide has dropped in price EVEN MORE.

The price for the Limited Edition Guide is now $18.89 ($16.10 off of MSRP!!!) from the original sale of $23.09 that I quoted in my first post.

http://www.amazon.com/Reach-Limited...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1283737758&sr=8-1

Good time to jump in on the LE Guide.

The standard guide is still at the original savings price of $13.49.

[quote name='Sharkey1337']Just saw it's marked down to $18.89! Of course I doubt anyone can place new orders, but for those of us who have preordered it's a better drop. =D[/QUOTE]

Crap. I duplicate-posted in my own thread. Thanks Sharkey.

[quote name='Temidien']OP, having been around forever and never having posted a deal as well (not by choice, I just never seem to stumble upon any before someone else already posts it), I applaud you.
:applause:[/QUOTE]

:Bow :)

[quote name='Mr Dude65']Had it preordered for a while, so I hope they change the price. Otherwise, I'm going to have to make a call![/QUOTE]

I had it pre-ordered as well for $23.09. Canceled the order the re-ordered at the $18.89 price point. That probably put me in the back of the line, but at least I'll get it (someday LOL).

[quote name='karamsoul']I had it pre-ordered as well for $23.09. Canceled the order the re-ordered at the $18.89 price point. That probably put me in the back of the line, but at least I'll get it (someday LOL).[/QUOTE]

Well i figure that they said they could ship them on the 3rd, but someone went psycho about streetdate, so they really do have them in-stock, but they won't ship til the 14th. Just my thought, though. I'm keeping the preorder, just in-case, though.

You all are idiots!! The guide will not ship until the 14th...if you think amazon is going to ship out the guide before that date, you really have to be retarded...

[quote name='wheremy']You all are idiots!! The guide will not ship until the 14th...if you think amazon is going to ship out the guide before that date, you really have to be retarded...[/QUOTE]

Ummmm, way to start off your CAG career. Now please, get the fuck out :)

P.S. If you're going to do something like this in the future, why don't you get correct info???? Amazon has shipped many things before the release date, and sometimes guides get released before their respective game.

God, I hate people like you.

[quote name='wheremy']You all are idiots!! The guide will not ship until the 14th...if you think amazon is going to ship out the guide before that date, you really have to be retarded...[/QUOTE]

WTF is wrong with you, bud? Say NO to drugs, especially before posting. ;)

Don't be an a-hole in this community. You'll find tolerance for idiots quite low on this site. Check your mouth and attitude at the door next time.

[quote name='Mr Dude65']Ummmm, way to start off your CAG career. Now please, get the fuck out :)

P.S. If you're going to do something like this in the future, why don't you get correct info???? Amazon has shipped many things before the release date, and sometimes guides get released before their respective game.

God, I hate people like you.[/QUOTE]

Anyways Dude, apparently, if you go to the site, Amazon now says "usually ships between 1 to 4 months".

*argh*

We'll see what happens. Hopefully it ships on or around the 14th.

[quote name='Mr Dude65']Had it preordered for a while, so I hope they change the price. Otherwise, I'm going to have to make a call![/QUOTE]
You can just contact them by e-mail. I did that and they switched it from $23.09 to $18.89 in just five minutes.

Also: I hope I get my guide in time for for Halo: Reach. I was actually hoping I'd get it on Tuesday, but then of course it got delayed. :(

Tempted to get that guide, especially at that price. But, I'm a reformed LE guide -aholic. I had stacks of 'em and after I was done with the game...they were worthless. Must hold off!!!

[quote name='Nico0020']heart jumped until i saw the word "guide" lol.[/QUOTE]

Ha, same here. I was like NO WAY then I was like, Oh nm.

Why do people on this site like guides so much? Not trolling, just curious...since there are so many free walkthroughs and whatnot online. It has always been a legit question I have.

[quote name='mr_bungle']Why do people on this site like guides so much? Not trolling, just curious...since there are so many free walkthroughs and whatnot online. It has always been a legit question I have.[/QUOTE]

I like them because I can have it right next to me while I play the game. The computer is in the other room, so it would REALLY disrupt the flow of the game to have to keep going back and forth. Also, you can take them anywhere, so you can read at many different times and places. They also often times contain info that can't be found on the internet walkthroughs like art sections, or developer commentary. Those are my reasons, but I'm sure there are others.

[quote name='mr_bungle']Why do people on this site like guides so much? Not trolling, just curious...since there are so many free walkthroughs and whatnot online. It has always been a legit question I have.[/QUOTE]

First, thanks to the OP. I saw the original price a couple of days ago and thought....wait forever for a clearance bin opportunity. But for under $19...nice!

To the member who posted the above question, I don't usually get guides for games, but my son is a big Halo fan (only M rated game he's allowed to play) and I think he will really enjoy the artwork. Apparently there is about 84 pages of art (!?) in this guide. We don't use it for getting through a game, though.

I won't go to Gamefaqs or websites for help on a game unless...
A) I have beaten the game and want to see what I may have missed.
B) If I enjoy a game a lot, but am seriously stuck somewhere in it for an insane amount of time (rarely happens). It usually ends up being something stupid I just didn't see.
C) I have a game that got shelved out of boredom or frustration and I decide to pick it back up and get it over with =). Example...if I EVER go back to Metroid Prime 2, I'll be using Gamefaqs thank you very much.

Paul

I haven't used a guide since the days of Perfect Dark...

I'm with mr_bungle as to why people still buy these. Collecting and/or artwork?

[quote name='Fossum206']I haven't used a guide since the days of Perfect Dark...

I'm with mr_bungle as to why people still buy these. Collecting and/or artwork?[/QUOTE]

Depends on different things. My reason to buy a guide will be: RPG (definitely will buy one for that), how much I love a game (and therefore how much more information I want of it wrapped in a spine), the extras that come with the Limited Editions like artwork and commentary, and the collectability of the guide.

Also, guides make GREAT bathroom reading material when taking breaks in between the game. No time wasted!

Depending on the game, official guides can be much more in depth than the often fairly low quality and rushed ones that are on the web. Also unofficial online guides are not always finished within the first week or more of the game's release (with the exception of maybe a couple), so if its a game you are really excited about, hope to get 100% completion on, and want a walkthrough for a day 1 purchase, an official guide is generally the best place to go. I don't usually get them but I wouldn't really blame anyone for doing so.

I am, however, going to get this one since the price is so low (it was also in my goldbox - 17.95 total) and all the additional LE artwork and whatever other goodies there might be. Keep in mind though, I can't claim a lack of bias on this particular game: I am a pretty huge fan who is also getting the Legendary edition and already got the Reach LE headset and a pair of LE controllers.

[quote name='Sharkey1337']Thanks OP! First Fallout, now Reach guides are getting some nice discounts today![/QUOTE]

Did the Fallout LE go lower than 23.09 that I missed???

I know I'm late to the party but it was in my Deals yesterday for $17.94. I figure, why not. If I don't get it I don't get it. If I do, I have a cool book to sit next to my RE5 strategy guide.

[quote name='FurryCurry']I know I'm late to the party but it was in my Deals yesterday for $17.94. I figure, why not.[/QUOTE]
Same. Damn nice deal.

For those who pre-ordered the Halo Reach Limited Edition Guide from Amazon when it was still more than $18.89, you may want to check with CS to see what price you will be charged. For me, it sounded like they were planning on charging me $23.xx since that was the price on their "release date" of September 3, even though the guide hasn't shipped yet. Let them know that the price dropped to $18.89 on September 6, and hopefully they'll make a "one-time exception" to your pre-order that hasn't shipped yet.

[quote name='ragingst0rm6']For those who pre-ordered the Halo Reach Limited Edition Guide from Amazon when it was still more than $18.89, you may want to check with CS to see what price you will be charged. For me, it sounded like they were planning on charging me $23.xx since that was the price on their "release date" of September 3, even though the guide hasn't shipped yet. Let them know that the price dropped to $18.89 on September 6, and hopefully they'll make a "one-time exception" to your pre-order that hasn't shipped yet.[/QUOTE]

Did that yesterday and got the email. Got another one today saying it will be delayed as they are having stock problems. Expected delivery is now October

I'm getting it mostly 'cuz I like collecting LE guides. Although now I'm wondering if the stock problems will lead to over-publishing extra copies, which means plenty of guides left over when they penny out...in 2012.

We'll notify you via e-mail when we have an estimated delivery date for this item. It will ship separately. You can cancel at any time.
So far this is the only message I have - no other email so far about any date yet. But I'm wondering why Best Buy don't have this problem since they are still listing both guides as available for delivery on release day? Is this just an Amazon supply problem?

[quote name='ivos']iT WENT UP TO $23.09 RIGHT NOW[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I just saw that. Crap... Kicking myself. Should have picked this up when it was a little cheaper.

bread's done
Back