NHL 11 - $51 shipped with coupon code

Great find. Sucks that I had a $25 gift card to game stop I used to reserve and pay for part of this. Only gonna cost me $35 plus tax :)

[quote name='metaphysicalstyles']I'm going to wait a month for this one. Will definitely be mine once it hits the $30-$40 range.[/QUOTE]

The NHL series seems to rarely get price breaks.

[quote name='metaphysicalstyles']I'm going to wait a month for this one. Will definitely be mine once it hits the $30-$40 range.[/QUOTE]

Its not going to hit that price range in a month.

Yeah it's more likely to go cheap at Black Friday, like last year, when I grabbed it for $37 from BB. Good price but I'm on the fence. Didn't know Sports Authority sold games.

NHL 10 is still 35 used.

It took like 7 months for NHL to price drop $10.

[quote name='au7oma7ic']its coming up as $60 now. Oh well, I'd pay full price for NHL any, and every year.[/QUOTE]

Hell yes. NHL easily the best sports game ever. Go Thrashers ;)

This is not a bad deal though but I'll go head and get it at gamestop so I cna get my equipment boosts.

[quote name='Capocci 007']NHL 10 is still 35 used.

It took like 7 months for NHL to price drop $10.[/QUOTE]

Because it's a very very quality game well worth the money.

Some people complain sports games are rehashed but collectively I don't think there is a genre out there besides sports where you can sink so much time into one game if you really love it.

[quote name='thingsfallnapart']Because it's a very very quality game well worth the money.

Some people complain sports games are rehashed but collectively I don't think there is a genre out there besides sports where you can sink so much time into one game if you really love it.[/QUOTE]

I agree well worth the $60 every single year. NHL is my all time favorite game. I rack up like 3 hours a day, actually it's like the only game I play when nhl releases, and have played well over 2000 games in nhl 10.

[quote name='thingsfallnapart']Add a 5 dollar filler to get free shipping instead of paying shipping.

I added one of these. http://www.sportsauthority.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2430485&clickid=cart

Pay a dollar less and get a free headband :D[/QUOTE]

I was looking for stuff that equaled the cost of shipping to get free shipping too. And before I added it, it dawned on me that the 25% coupon would take it off the cheaper item. But fortunately it did not. :)

NHL 11 at Full price is still a deal. Its the only game I will pay full price for.

One of the best sports games of all time are the recent NHL series.

Capocci, sorry to hear youre a thrashers fan :)

[quote name='Capocci 007']I agree well worth the $60 every single year. NHL is my all time favorite game. I rack up like 3 hours a day, actually it's like the only game I play when nhl releases, and have played well over 2000 games in nhl 10.[/QUOTE]

NBA 2K10 ftw :)

[quote name='labelmeoriginal']When does this deal expire?[/QUOTE]

I saw the coupon code on another site that said it expires today (Aug. 15), but I don't know if that's verified.

Question if i order a extra item will it charge me full price now since 1 item will ship right away and the other next month? I never ordered here and i could use the funds right now if they charge the full amount of order.

56.99 shipped newegg for nhl 11 for 360! I have to pay tax on SA so i will grab from newegg for 57 shipped. The final price on SA with tax made it around 55-56 anyways and newegg ships 3 day ups gur.

Meh... I would have tax, I'll still keep amazon.

[quote name='xDerekRx']Capocci, sorry to hear youre a thrashers fan :)[/QUOTE]

Oh come on, they might...

Get out of the basement this year. lol

Better watch out with the Thrasher trashing. In the weak Eastern Conference, with all their upgrades, they're almost a lock for the playoffs. They just barely missed out last year.

On topic, I love the NHL games. Easily worth full price, and I almost never say that about anything. If only they could fix all of the glitches.

As a hockey fan, this series is always a day 1 purchase. NHL 11 is going to be epic though. The new engine and real time physics are going to change the way sports games are made and played in the future. Mark my words!

Check out the vids!

If anyone is looking for something cheap to get you up to free shipping status, there's an XL Sam Bradford Heisman Trophy shirt, or an NBA All-Star game in New Orleans shirt, or a couple March Madness/Final Four shirts from last year. All for $4.97 each.

[quote name='FNL 4EVA']Question if i order a extra item will it charge me full price now since 1 item will ship right away and the other next month? I never ordered here and i could use the funds right now if they charge the full amount of order.[/QUOTE]
I ordered the game and a t-shirt (not a cheapy) and they indeed charged the full price.

[quote name='wolfwood78']I ordered the game and a t-shirt (not a cheapy) and they indeed charged the full price.[/QUOTE]

WOW i am happy i did not order it. I had to pay some bills and that would of made a problem for me. I thought the newegg 57 deal was way better cause you get free ups 3 day gur shipping. The total with a free item on Sports Auth came to like 54-55 around. I rather pay 2 bucks more to get ups 3 days and not wait 1-2 weeks to get it from Sports Auth. You got to remember they list the shipping time to be about a week then you got to wait for processing. This post here and many other forums i bet will make it slow processing. So IMO i think the newegg is the way better deal. They usually ship the day it is out or earlier so it comes by release date. Then you know newegg can handle a big load of a single item order so processing speeds are super fast. I can not wait to get this game!

Now if GS had a sale for getting it on release date or 1 day i would go get that. The free baur boost pack is cheesy i prefer to grind my stuff to unlock them. But i bet they are unique look you can not unlock in the full game??

[quote name='Capocci 007']NHL 10 is still 35 used.

It took like 7 months for NHL to price drop $10.[/QUOTE]

Very true. I just bought NHL 10 off eBay last month for $30. There's a great user community for NHL 10 (and the entire NHL series), especially for the PS3, as Sony makes it easy to install user created rosters. I've been playing NHL 10 featuring Taylor Hall, Seguin, and more for 3 weeks now.

[quote name='TekJansen']Better watch out with the Thrasher trashing. In the weak Eastern Conference, with all their upgrades, they're almost a lock for the playoffs. They just barely missed out last year.

On topic, I love the NHL games. Easily worth full price, and I almost never say that about anything. If only they could fix all of the glitches.[/QUOTE]

Are you serious? If they finish higher than 10th Ill be shocked.

[quote name='xDerekRx']Are you serious? If they finish higher than 10th Ill be shocked.[/QUOTE]

They finished tenth this year, and that's with Bogo playing like garbage due to the wrist injury. They even played better without Kovy. The East is incredibly weak and they added Buff, Ladd, Mason, Eager, Sopel and more.

Sure, Washington, New Jersey and Pitt are locks for the playoffs, but no one else is. Bruins have a good chance. Sens goaltending is terrible. Sabres are worse on D this year, anything less than another stellar year from Miller and they could be out. Canadiens are placing all their hope in Price, that could backfire. Flyers might be great, or they could stink it up, Rangers too. Wouldn't be surprised at all if ATL and Tampa Bay make the playoffs next year. Hell, I wouldn't be that surprised if Toronto did. The East is wide open.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='TekJansen']Sure, Washington, New Jersey and Pitt are locks for the playoffs, but no one else is. [/QUOTE]

Detroit isn't? They've got to the playoffs like 19 times in a row. I know they can't keep it up forever but really it's not really right to count them out imo.

[quote name='kidrocklive']Detroit isn't? They've got to the playoffs like 19 times in a row. I know they can't keep it up forever but really it's not really right to count them out imo.[/QUOTE]

Wings are in the West, I'm talking East.

[quote name='TekJansen']They finished tenth this year, and that's with Bogo playing like garbage due to the wrist injury. They even played better without Kovy. The East is incredibly weak and they added Buff, Ladd, Mason, Eager, Sopel and more.

Sure, Washington, New Jersey and Pitt are locks for the playoffs, but no one else is. Bruins have a good chance. Sens goaltending is terrible. Sabres are worse on D this year, anything less than another stellar year from Miller and they could be out. Canadiens are placing all their hope in Price, that could backfire. Flyers might be great, or they could stink it up, Rangers too. Wouldn't be surprised at all if ATL and Tampa Bay make the playoffs next year. Hell, I wouldn't be that surprised if Toronto did. The East is wide open.[/QUOTE]

Give me the Thrashers top 2 lines. And they need to solidify goaltending.

After Kovalchuk left they became a bit more of a team but I dont see them having the legs. I like what Burke is building in Toronto but the Leafs are still a year or two away.

[quote name='TekJansen']They finished tenth this year, and that's with Bogo playing like garbage due to the wrist injury. They even played better without Kovy. The East is incredibly weak and they added Buff, Ladd, Mason, Eager, Sopel and more.

Sure, Washington, New Jersey and Pitt are locks for the playoffs, but no one else is. Bruins have a good chance. Sens goaltending is terrible. Sabres are worse on D this year, anything less than another stellar year from Miller and they could be out. Canadiens are placing all their hope in Price, that could backfire. Flyers might be great, or they could stink it up, Rangers too. Wouldn't be surprised at all if ATL and Tampa Bay make the playoffs next year. Hell, I wouldn't be that surprised if Toronto did. The East is wide open.[/QUOTE]

Atlanta is perennially "better." I can see them finishing in the top 8 just as easily as I can see them finishing out of the playoffs again. The question is, how will Pavelec do? If he's not healthy again, how will Mason do? How will these guys perform in front of 8 thousand people? What will Buff and Ladd do away from Chicago, where, incidentally, they didn't do that well point wise during the regular season? And when your go to guy is Nik Antropov, you've got problems. They lost Afinogovev, who produced, so I don't know where they'll get their offense from. I think they are pinning too much on Evander Kane next year and I also think trading Morin was a HUGE mistake. Chicago did extremely well getting that kid.

And Tampa should make the playoffs when you've got Stamkos, St. Pierre, Lecavalier, etc.. But will Mike Smith be OK?

As you say, the bottom half of the east is wide open. I was surprised Montreal made it last season with the crap they have.

[quote name='VipFREAK']All I know is the Preds will be another playoff place holder team. lol[/QUOTE]

The predators outplayed the Blackhawks in round 1. Chicago was lucky to win that series, and I mean that in every sense. They scored a shorthanded goal with a few seconds left to tie, game 3, I think it was? Nashville is an extremely well coached team. If they could get a scorer like Radulov back, they could be top 6 in the West.

[quote name='ploppsdman']The predators outplayed the Blackhawks in round 1. Chicago was lucky to win that series, and I mean that in every sense. They scored a shorthanded goal with a few seconds left to tie, game 3, I think it was? Nashville is an extremely well coached team. If they could get a scorer like Radulov back, they could be top 6 in the West.[/QUOTE]

I'm a preds fan (went to undergrad in Nashville during the lean years) - they're sort of like the Devils West but with weaker goaltending. They'll be a perennial playoff 5-8 seed, and I'm praying we get Rads back next year :).

I don't know how bad NHL 10 PS3 was but if it was as bad as the demo (I think it was the demo or maybe it was 09) it will suck on PS3.

um, VipFREAK if you thought NHL10 was bad than ice hockey video games must not be for you. I will rank NHL10 (yes, a sports game) as my top 5 games of all time, hell, maybe even top 3. The replayability on it is beastly, and with the ultimate hockey league I can see myself devoting the next year of my life to 11.

Hopefully NHL11 will stop me from adding to my massive massive backlog.

bread's done
Back