Bayonetta, Sonic Racing $19.99, Xbox 360 Super Elites w/$50 gc, & more at BestBuy.com

darkmatter00

CAGiversary!
The Best Buy ad this week has nothing special but if you check the XBOX 360 and PS3 on sale sections you might find something you like. When you buy a FF XIII 360 bundle or a Splinter Cell Conviction bundle you get a $50 gift card. This deal seems to be online only. There also some games on sale, most notably Bayonetta for PS3/360 for $19.99 and some select games are 2 for $30. Here are the links. Thanks Cheapy for cleaning up my mess and adding the Wii and DS games.

:360: Xbox 360 250GB Elite Final Fantasy XIII and Splinter Cell Bundles, $299.99 + $50 gift card
iconbestbuy.gif
2 for $30
:360::ps3: Bayonetta $19.99
:360::ps3: Sonic & Sega All Star Racing $19.99
:360::ps3::wii: DJ Hero Bundle & Stand Alone Turntable $19.99-$39.99

Other sale items:
:360: Xbox 360 games
:ps3: PS3 games
:wii: Wii games
:ds: DS games

Last edited by a moderator:
curious how long these are on sale. Did it just start today? Wouldnt mind picking up Bayonetta for $19.99 but i dont get paid til Friday.

that Sonic All Star Racing doesn't look bad at all for $20..my kid actually tried it at Wal-Mart on demo and was able to half-way control it..may get it for him. Thanks OP!!

Another halfway decent deal(only till the end of business today) is :ps3:GTA: Episodes From Liberty City is only $19.99 after using a Reward Zone Gamer's Club $20 off coupon towards it.

Since it's off the normal MSRP of $40 for the games the coupon IS valid, don't let the employees bs ya that the $40 price is a 'sale price'.

I'm tempted by Bayonetta at $20. It would put me over on Reward Zone points and Gamer's Club points so I would get $15 in RZ Certificates. Shipping isn't a problem since they apparently offer in-store pick up.

The thing is that the game would just go into my backlog and I'm pretty sure I'll be able to get it cheaper later on.

Thanks for the heads up, OP.

OP, you may want to include the price on those consoles for those who don't want to click thru to find out. They are on sale for $299, plus the $50 gift card.

That sure is a random smattering of games in the 2 for $30. Be nice if some of those applied to both consoles instead of just one.

Based on the girlfriend's feedback, I'm down for Lego Indy and Batman... thanks OP!

For those that weren't already aware, Amazon has the FFXIII bundle for $250 plus the faceplate. The Best Buy GC deal is better for those who want the Black 360 Splinter Cell Bundle.

Best Buys tend to match their online deals, even though it says online only. If you really want to just do it in store either ask them when you get to the store or just call ahead so you don't have to go there if they say no, but generally Best Buys, although unwilling to match other website's prices, are pretty willing to match their own site's prices. So give it a shot. Not as YMMV as you would think.

Thanks OP. This is the price I was waiting for on Bayonetta.

Going to try picking it up at the local B&M later today.

[quote name='Devulture']How is the Sonic & SEGA racing game?[/QUOTE]

Fantastic! I'd put it up there with Mario Kart 64 and Crash Team Racing. I don't platinum a game unless I truly enjoy it, and I went all the way with Sonic and SEGA Racing. It is at least the best kart racer of this generation.

[quote name='token2k6']that Sonic All Star Racing doesn't look bad at all for $20..my kid actually tried it at Wal-Mart on demo and was able to half-way control it..may get it for him. Thanks OP!![/QUOTE]

Great, I was going to buy the 360 version yesterday and it was $29.99 in store. The PS3 version was $19.99 yesterday so I don't know if that's the regular price at BB. FYI, the 360 version has Banjo as an extra character.

Nice price for Sega racing! I'm right in the middle of Modnation and Blur...not sure I need a Kart racing backlog. Plus I still enjoy Mario Kart Wii.

[quote name='norkusa']Bout time! I've been waiting months for the 360 version to drop to $20. Didn't know about the Amazon DotD.[/QUOTE]

Amazon's DOTD was only on the PS3 version of the game (if I remember correctly).

This is a solid price. I'm waiting for Amazon to match it -- come on, Amazon, match this price!

With shipping and sales tax, comes to $24.36. I'm in PA.

Not shabby, though I think I might wait and see if Newegg or Amazon will price match with free shipping. No sales tax with those guys either, at least in my state.

Awesome, just picked up Sega and Sonic All-Stars Racing. I was waiting for it to hit sub-$20, but figured since I had two $15 gift cards from the blu-ray deal last week, that's good enough. I swore to myself a while back that I would buy this game solely because it has Ryo Hazuki from Shenmue in it...

[quote name='Doomstink']Awesome, just picked up Sega and Sonic All-Stars Racing. I was waiting for it to hit sub-$20, but figured since I had two $15 gift cards from the blu-ray deal last week, that's good enough. I swore to myself a while back that I would buy this game solely because it has Ryo Hazuki from Shenmue in it...[/QUOTE]

I just wish they gave us the Pre-Order DLC Bonus EU people got =(, we in turn had to pay for the Ryo Forklift DLC.

[quote name='Mr Peanut']Has the PS3 version been patched to be on par with the 360 version?[/QUOTE]

i believe the loading times were improved so that they're now reasonable

the graphics and framerate were not improved as part of the patch, though, so it still looks better on the 360

[quote name='Mr Peanut']Has the PS3 version been patched to be on par with the 360 version?[/QUOTE]

It was patched but its still no where near on par with the 360 version

[quote name='grap3fruitman']Hey gang, how does this work if the game's $20 and I have a $40 reward cert?[/QUOTE]

can't do it mate, have to spend something that is $40 or more before tax. Thats why it sucks when so many ponits hit at once and you get auto generated a huge cert, but only want like a $15 item..

[quote name='grap3fruitman']Hey gang, how does this work if the game's $20 and I have a $40 reward cert?[/QUOTE]

You should be able to go on their website and change it so the certs generate in smaller amounts. I've been on silver for 2 years so I bank mine, I know that's different, but I could've sworn before that I could set it up so they kicked out in $5 increments, even when I had a big purchase, just in case I only wanted a movie or something. Anyway, on topic, this might be the price to bite on for me. Thanks OP.

interesting bb.com now has a "pick up" and "ship to store" options like walmart. no shipping cost that way.

luckily there's 1 store with some ps3 copies left so i'm gonna check it out later

[quote name='mikemb402']is this deal only for today or can I go to the store say tomorrow and it will still be 20 dollars?[/QUOTE]

I'd like to know this as well.

[quote name='mrosnwo']You should be able to go on their website and change it so the certs generate in smaller amounts. I've been on silver for 2 years so I bank mine, I know that's different, but I could've sworn before that I could set it up so they kicked out in $5 increments, even when I had a big purchase, just in case I only wanted a movie or something. Anyway, on topic, this might be the price to bite on for me. Thanks OP.[/QUOTE]
On the website you can print your own as long as it's in a multiple of 5, of course I had no idea about this shortcoming when I printed it and just wanted a single piece of paper so I wouldn't have to keep track of multiple certs. Crap. Hopefully Amazon will match and I'll put this towards something else.

[quote name='phantomer']interesting bb.com now has a "pick up" and "ship to store" options like walmart. no shipping cost that way.

luckily there's 1 store with some ps3 copies left so i'm gonna check it out later[/QUOTE]

BB has had the feature for a very long time.

I think "ship to store" is new. In the past when I looked up inventory of the nearby stores, the only options I saw were either in stock or out of stock.

Aren't they planning on releasing a Ultimate edition or something? I remember reading somewhere that they're planning on doing another version.

bread's done
Back