(Wii) Okami $16, RE4 $12 from Amazon

Xenogears

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
Edit: (Updated title and OP to include RE4, and a $2 increase in Okami's price)
Nice deal on 2 great games. I played both on PS2 or gamecube already...but at this price, worth picking them up again to try the Wii versions. RE4 is best on the Wii, Okami is a different way to play and slight change in art style. Free shipping if you spend $25, Which is met if you buy both.

Okami (Wii) $16: http://www.amazon.com/Okami-Nintend..._1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1282232531&sr=8-1
Resident Evil 4 (Wii) $12: http://www.amazon.com/Resident-Evil..._1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1282102994&sr=8-1

Last edited by a moderator:
From what I've read the PS2 version is superior to the Wii one. I heard the Wii controls actually drag this edition down. Even Nintendo Power feels that you should play it on PS2:

"Okami is a work of genius, but you should play the original game instead of the Wii version if you can. [May 2008, p.88]".

No more whinning when people rate your crappy deals low Fire_Thief. If your gonna give this and my other deals a 1 while saying its a great deal thats just hypocritical. Be Straight Mane

[quote name='Fire_Thief']Well got damn boy, this is a good ass deal and a good ass game, I own it, still sealed, from a year ago.[/QUOTE]
must be really great then...

[quote name='Fire_Thief']Well got damn boy, this is a good ass deal and a good ass game, I own it, still sealed, from a year ago.[/QUOTE]

LOL...there it is.

[quote name='Xenogears']No more whinning when people rate your crappy deals low Fire_Thief. If your gonna give this and my other deals a 1 while saying its a great deal thats just hypocritical. Be Straight Mane[/QUOTE]

Look ninja do you know how many people view a thread and never post mane? They one starred you cause they know you soft.

[quote name='Rozz']From what I've read the PS2 version is superior to the Wii one. I heard the Wii controls actually drag this edition down. Even Nintendo Power feels that you should play it on PS2:

"Okami is a work of genius, but you should play the original game instead of the Wii version if you can. [May 2008, p.88]".[/QUOTE]

Thats awesome!

[quote name='Fire_Thief']Look ninja do you know how many people view a thread and never post mane? They one starred you cause they know you soft.[/QUOTE]

I'm being 100% serious, Gucci...please explain to me what being hard means?

OT, so I won't derail. Great price on this game, never finished it for PS2 but I loved what I played.

How many more of these price tracker threads are you going to post? It's bad enough that Fire Thief clutters the board with daily posts for super old games, but Okami has been this price or lower for a while. At this point, it's not a deal, just normal old game price drops. How about combining all your Amazon price drop threads in one larger thread?

LOL, you are first view and first post on both my Wii threads, then they both come up one star. Dont lie, thats just sad.

To Bojay, show me a cheaper price. The only other thread i found was someone asking for help finding a cheap price on this game, and regretting they didnt buy it at $20 from Amazon before it sold out...So yeah, good deal, never cheaper

A few threads back one of the mods got real pissy about people complaining about these kinds of deals, but I gotta speak my mind on this. This deal, and a lot of the other amazon deals that people like fire thief post all the time, ARE technically deals, and I can sort of see the stumble-upon CAG gaining some appreciation for them being posted (plus they're at least a step up from FT's shtick of posting price drops on shovelware), but at the same time nearly all of these aren't worthy of their own threads IMO. Okami hovers at the $15 price all the time, give or take a few dollars, same with Resident Evil 4, Ultimate MK etc. It seems the only reason the threads stay alive is because they are interesting games that people want to discuss. I think all of these separate postings are kind of mucking up the forum, plus we have the price finder which if I understand is already tracking amazon prices for people's convenience. Can we at least create an amazon deals thread or something?

Yeah, I agree Eastshore. If you don't own them, Okami and RE4 wii for $26 shipped is a very nice price. But for most its not a deal to go get too excited about. To Fire_Thief you were very first view on 2 threads that came up 1 star, nuff said.

I have no idea what that post above me means...but anyway, im done talking about this. Buy if you do not have these games

The Wii version is a lot better actually, reviewers just really sucked with the Wii-mote. Anyways, I enjoyed this game a lot more than Zelda:TP.

In some cases such as this one I appreciate individual threads otherwise I would miss some deals. I thank you but my wallet hates you. :)

[quote name='droider']Is this a good game and deal?
Never heard of this game

TIA[/QUOTE]

If you never heard of this game then it's a good deal. Well worth the play.

[quote name='Rozz']From what I've read the PS2 version is superior to the Wii one. I heard the Wii controls actually drag this edition down. Even Nintendo Power feels that you should play it on PS2:

"Okami is a work of genius, but you should play the original game instead of the Wii version if you can. [May 2008, p.88]".[/QUOTE]

It is I have both the PS2 version just looks better in my opinion.

+1
I own both versions and prefer the PS2 (especially for the controls). But if you don't own a PS2 then definitely pick this version up, easily one of the best games on any platform.

[quote name='Fire_Thief']Wii version is better IMHO.[/QUOTE]

Have you even played it? You mentioned not even opening your copy yet in the first page. :whistle2:s

Complaints against the Wii version are:

-Inferior Controls
-Graphics not as the original developer intended (the PS2 version has more of a washed out look which is apparently how the creator wanted it, to give it a more of a hand-drawn feel)
-Lack of any other noteworthy extras

It does have widescreen support, however.

[quote name='Rozz']Have you even played it? You mentioned not even opening your copy yet in the first page. :whistle2:s

L

O

L

I have both, I've played both.

The PS2 version looks more washed out. People say it has a "better" paper filter, but I prefer the bright, vibrant colors of the Wii myself. Take a look here and compare for yourself: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jlBAuT6D6DQ

Wii benefits:
-Using the brush is far easier, and more intuitive, with the Wii mote. The Wii mote was designed for this, the PS2 controller was not.
-Much faster loading times
-Widescreen support
-Bright, vibrant graphics (in comparison to the PS2's washed out ones). I prefer the Wii version look.

Wii Cons:
-Drawing a straight horizontal line is harder with the Wii mote, but it's only an issue with crossing out names.
-Dodging is harder on the Wii version, since you have to jerk the nunchuck in the direction you want to dodge. Honestly, I just didn't use dodge, and it was fine.

I prefer the Wii version myself. If you own a Wii and haven't played Okami, you owe it to yourself to get this awesome game.

It would appear the op is trying to muscle in on Fire_Thief's territory, that or it's Fire_Thief's alter ego! ;D

But all kidding aside, I actually thought the Wii version was fun it it's own way since it's just more engaging than playing it on the PS2 version, however the motion sensitive is a bit delayed when using quicker motions so it made it difficult in some situations to play the game correctly.

But seeing how it's $10.99 now, it's a pretty good deal for those of you on the fence who want to pick the game up.

[quote name='Squarehard']It would appear the op is trying to muscle in on Fire_Thief's territory, that or it's Fire_Thief's alter ego! ;D[/QUOTE]

LOL, hey now. After some of the commotion, I decided to find some deals like Fire_Thief posts and see what happens when posted

1. A crappy deal or game is gonna get called crap by some no matter who posts it
2. A good deal or game is gonna get called crap by some no matter who posts it
3. An OP does feel a slight need to defend their deal/game
4. Some comments from trolls/lurkers can be annoying for the OP
5. A mediocre deal that comes around fairly often, even if on a good game, is not gonna win everyone over. Whether it should even be posted is debatable
6. Introducing a mediocre deal without talking like a thug makes it go over a little better
7. If Fire_Thief enters or is brought up in a deal thread, that thread will stay at the top for 2x longer because of something dumb said by him or people making fun of him. Whether he deserved it is debatable

[quote name='Squarehard']You should change the op title and op details to reflect new price.[/QUOTE]

Price looks to be back at $14 now. Was $10 for alittle bit though! Good eye, and congrats to anyone that got it even cheaper

hmm.ps2 version.....oddly its a higher price. website called cheapassgamer. you think they would want the cheaper version instead of complaining.

in conclusion. stfu,just get the wii version.

This is such a great game I almost want to buy a second copy. I think I prefer the Wii version over PS2, but I could be biased because I played it first. I never had a problem with Wii controls, so I'm guessing people who say the opposite were just used to the PS2 version.

I hadn't realized that Okami Wii has dropped this low. I've been wanting to pick it up for a while now. Thanks a lot, OP.

I've heard the PS2 version was superior, but after reading those reviews, the grounds on which they claim the PS2 version to be superior don't really fit me. I might be bad with the wii remote, but I'm horrible with analog sticks. I also think the Wii's brighter colors look better over the washed out PS2 colors.

[quote name='Omnislash124']I hadn't realized that Okami Wii has dropped this low. I've been wanting to pick it up for a while now. Thanks a lot, OP.

I've heard the PS2 version was superior, but after reading those reviews, the grounds on which they claim the PS2 version to be superior don't really fit me. I might be bad with the wii remote, but I'm horrible with analog sticks. I also think the Wii's brighter colors look better over the washed out PS2 colors.[/QUOTE]
It all depends on what reviews you read. IIRC, IGN and Gamespot both said the Wii version was better overall. Not perfect, mind you, but they found it better, as did I. Using the Wii mote to draw on the screen is wonderfully fluid and intuitive, and you can't match that with the analog sticks.

In any case, the game is fantastic, and everyone should buy it. :)

I've only played the Wii version but I had a blast with it. I picked it up in a lightning deal a couple years back for $15. It's a steal at this price. If you haven't played it and have a Wii, buy it, it's an excellent game.

Does the Wii version support gamecube/classic controls? I'm hesitant, because Twilight Princess' waggle controls made the game feel too gimmicky for me to play. Maybe Okami is different.

Updated thread to include RE4 and a $2 increase in Okami's price

Sippycupz: I think Okami requires waggle motions. Though i've heard its not as bad as in Twilight Princess, because there is a large cooldown between the moves that can be preformed with waggle

bread's done
Back