8/18 - Jade Empire $5.07 New at Amazon

I highly recommend this game as well although I must say that I found this game to be extremely easy, especially after
you receive that gigantic golem thing as an AI partner
. Still, it's a Bioware game, so you know the story and aesthetic design will really suck you in.

I bought this back in December during a Steam sale, for like $2... still haven't been able to play it. I dunno if it doesn't like newer computers or what (it IS an Xbox port), but it ran at a really low framerate (was really jerky), constantly, regardless of settings.

I contacted Steam support asking for a refund or help. They said contact 2K Games for support. I did. ONE MONTH LATER I get an email back saying that they can't help me and to contact Steam. ARGH!

So, yeah, despite it being $5, I recommend making sure it'll run.

[quote name='Rhett']I bought this back in December during a Steam sale, for like $2... still haven't been able to play it. I dunno if it doesn't like newer computers or what (it IS an Xbox port), but it ran at a really low framerate (was really jerky), constantly, regardless of settings.

I contacted Steam support asking for a refund or help. They said contact 2K Games for support. I did. ONE MONTH LATER I get an email back saying that they can't help me and to contact Steam. ARGH!

So, yeah, despite it being $5, I recommend making sure it'll run.[/QUOTE]

Well I can guarantee that this version will not run on anyone's PC.

I was frankly a bit surprised to see a thread for an older-generation title without seeing Fire Thief here. It makes sense though, Jade Empire was an awesome game :lol:

Great game, and one of the only morality games that I played through as a "bad" guy. Easily worth $5, even for a last-gen game.

[quote name='Lonedragon87']is it backwards compaitable?[/QUOTE]

Kinda OT, but did MS stop making xbox games BC? I checked their site the other day and their BC list hasn't been updated since 11/07.

[quote name='Indyjones']Kinda OT, but did MS stop making xbox games BC? I checked their site the other day and their BC list hasn't been updated since 11/07.[/QUOTE]

They probably just don't care about updating the list. Most people would rather play regular Xbox 360 games. The BC crowd is a small fraction of their user base. Look at PS3. Once they finally had some games that people started caring about, they took out the BC capabilities. Back on topic, I'm pretty sure it is backwards compatible.

Didn't they take the whole regular xbox support thing offline? I would assume that also goes hand in hand with using backwards compatiable games and that would explain why theres no list. Has anyone tried running a backwards compatiable game that they hadn't played prior to that change and if so did you have any problems?

Still my favorite Bioware game. Everyone should find a way to play this title, even if it means playing the PC version.

What's wrong with the PC version? I've got the X-Box limited edition one and have been meaning to get the PC one if it goes on a good sale, assuming it'd be better the way...well, most every other game that's on PC and other platforms is...but you guys are making me nervous. >_>

[quote name='mrright4you4now']Didn't they take the whole regular xbox support thing offline? I would assume that also goes hand in hand with using backwards compatiable games and that would explain why theres no list. Has anyone tried running a backwards compatiable game that they hadn't played prior to that change and if so did you have any problems?[/QUOTE]

They didn't end BC updates, they ended Live support for multiplayer, DLC, etc. There's not "no list" - there's just a list last updated November 2007 (when MS threw in the towel on making more original Xbox games playable), and Jade Empire is on it.

Guys, I suggest you spend three more dollars and get the Limited Edition. It's the one I own and it's awesome. Hell, I own two copies of it.

I don't really play RPGs but this game was awesome. I liked the real time combat and the story and voice acting were top notch.

[quote name='Fire_Thief']Guys, I suggest you spend three more dollars and get the Limited Edition. It's the one I own and it's awesome. Hell, I own two copies of it.[/QUOTE]

Where do you see this at?

this game is friggin awesome, i had the boxed retail and then bought the steam version just cuz it's so good. PC version is the best though, with the artbook, poster and bonus content.

[quote name='AFarewell2Arms']As opposed to what? The PC version? The Xbox version is far superior.[/QUOTE]
There are only two versions Xbox and PC. Also how is the Xbox version far superior when the PC version has increased graphics resolutions and new visual effects new monsters and enemies, new fighting styles, improved combat AI and difficulty levels? Anyway already have and played the Xbox version.

[quote name='Lonedragon87']still never played this game been sitting on my shelf for ages[/QUOTE]

I purchased it in 2005 and still have yet to play through it!

[quote name='Rozz']I purchased it in 2005 and still have yet to play through it![/QUOTE]
Its a pretty fun game all in all. Combat could have been more fluid, though.

[quote name='AFarewell2Arms']As opposed to what? The PC version? The Xbox version is far superior.[/QUOTE]

I disagree. The PC version is stunningly beautiful in widescreen and HD resolutions (played it through myself). The Xbox only renders it in 480P.

[quote name='DrowVampyre']What's wrong with the PC version? I've got the X-Box limited edition one and have been meaning to get the PC one if it goes on a good sale, assuming it'd be better the way...well, most every other game that's on PC and other platforms is...but you guys are making me nervous. >_>

[quote name='reapersaurus']IIRC, the Limited Edition version is no different from the regular edition, since the monk character is free to download (or it automatically gets added when you download the emulator?)

*researched*
According the the Microsoft BCL, footnote 3 says:
"3 The December 2005 update includes the Monk Zeng content from the limited edition of Jade Empire."
http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/backwardcompatibilitygameslist.htm[/QUOTE]

But i think the problem is they shut all the xbox servers down so you can't get this update.

never got to play this title as my xbox was stolen right before this came out....thanx OP. Now, I need my 360 connected to the internet to be able to play xbox games right? Tried to play fable and got an error message.

[quote name='shadowkast']never got to play this title as my xbox was stolen right before this came out....thanx OP. Now, I need my 360 connected to the internet to be able to play xbox games right? Tried to play fable and got an error message.[/QUOTE]

No, it doesn't need to be connected to the internet, you just need a hard drive and (if you don't already have it) the newest backwards compatibility program.

The easiest way to get that is to be connected to the internet when you first put in the game-it goes out to download the update. But you can also download it from xbox.com, burn it to a CD on your computer, and then install it from the CD.

[quote name='kingkiller33']Wow, only $0.01 new on Amazon Marketplace. That place is awful to try and sell your stuff on now.[/QUOTE]

Fine print "+$7.99 for shipping".

I hate sellers that do that.

bread's done
Back