Konami is bring No More Heroes: Heroes’ Paradise to PS3, with Move support (US + EUR)

Still doesn't answer the biggest question, though... is it still censored or not?

I'd be fine with importing, but there's a 50% chance it'll be edited. Europe got NMH1 censored and NMH2 uncut.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']We can still import games from Europe. I expect it to come stateside though.[/QUOTE]

Ubisoft already said it's not happening. It's also not worth paying $80+ to import it.

Well, I hate to name drop.... but there's this guy named dv8mad and he runs a website where he sells japanese shit specifically to CAGs.... But here's the kicker: it's cheap! I was able to get a Japanese Heroes Paradise on the PS3 for less than $50 after shipping, which waaay undercuts the bloated eBay prices.

In Japan, the PS3/Wii versions were censored, the 360 version wasn't. In Europe, the Wii version was censored, in the US, no.

I passed on the Wii version due to motion controls but I would actually buy this if it came over here if I could just use a standard controller. And the game looks pretty damn good in HD.. amazing what a difference HD can make.

Too bad it's for Europe only.

Wow...8-[ What's with all of the import hating going on up above...

[quote name='62t']Well the PS3 is region free so you can just import it.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. ;)

This is the first system I've been super happy about because I don't have to look into some super secret way of exploiting it to play a game that SHOULD play on it to begin with (and they all do since they are legit software no less)

Region coding is so 20th century it isn't funny. (Hi, Nintendo and MS ;)) I'd be glad if they did away with it for movies as well. Best damn thing Sony ever did was cut the strings on what games you want to buy and how you can play them. And lastly the only thing that would have made the PS3 better is if the BC would have been region free as well, but alas it was not.

Sorry for the rant, but this has always been a prickly issue for me since it's the games that's important and if I spend my hard earned money on something I want that is legit, I don't see why I have to act like a back alley thief to play my game just because it was made for another region. :roll:

Edit: I still might buy this version, but since I bought a Wii this June and got NMH 1 for cheap, I'll be hard pressed to put out for another version of the game...we'll see.

There's no way in hell Sony won't MAKE Konami publish this in the US. Sony won't let a Move compatible game just slip away when they really need them right now, especially when NMH will grab the hardcore demographic while other Move titles are focusing on a casual demographic.

[quote name='Saint Noir']I hope it is uncensored as well... I own the Wii version (never played it), but would go for this if it is uncut.[/QUOTE]

I keep hearing this but I never bothered to check what's actually censored... I heard it was something to do with blood (i.e., the PS3 version doesn't have any) but I'm not sure of the extent.

Anyway, I'm glad this is coming over and I can play with a regular controller. I liked the first game but got sick of the motion controls within hours.

[quote name='Vinny']I keep hearing this but I never bothered to check what's actually censored... I heard it was something to do with blood (i.e., the PS3 version doesn't have any) but I'm not sure of the extent.

Anyway, I'm glad this is coming over and I can play with a regular controller. I liked the first game but got sick of the motion controls within hours.[/QUOTE]This gives you an idea.

Holy crap.. that's a pretty significant change. I really don't see why they censored it... it's not like the blood/gore was highly realistic.

loved the wii games. Why I am not sure but whatever. The first was better than the second, but the second was worth a play through.

bread's done
Back