NHL 11 Thread - Metacritic Score 88!!!

cgarb84

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Didn't see a thread for this game on the PS3 board so decided I'd take it upon myself to make one. I know a lot of people on CAG buy this for 360 but there have to be a few people that get this on PS3....right? I have bought it the last few years on 360 but am switching over to PS3 this year (PS3 is becoming my preferred system of choice at this point).

Anyways my impressions of the demo..... very good. The demo on PS3 has frozen twice on me when I'm in the Ultimate Team mode but other than that I LOVE the demo. I like the new slower feel of the game, the new physics and animations seem really nice as well. I love the new faceoff system, no longer do I feel like its a complete roll of the dice on who wins the faceoff. I also really like what I've played of the Ultimate Team mode, seems like something I can sink serious time into. September 7 can't come soon enough!

Last edited by a moderator:
Been playing it awhile now and it is awesome. We should get a team together of just CAG players.

I've had the demo freeze up twice in UHL mode. Haven't been able to beat Team Canada yet. Just bought another copy of NHL 10 for the PS3 since I just sold my 360 version. Can't wait to get NHL 11 for the PS3.

What are the opinions on game play versus 09 and 10? I skipped 10, but liked 09, but bordered on complex. 10 added board play, which I worried was too much.
~S

10 was really good, better than 09 for sure. Board play is really cool and not complicated at all, at least I don't think it is. You just hold down Triangle when near the boards to initiate it, then there are a few things you can do once in it, like pass to a teammate or try to poke check the puck away from an opponent who has it ect. I think it added quite a bit to last years game. From what I can tell this year they haven't changed board play too much from last years game but I haven't really tried experimenting with anything new either.

Hell yeah this is my game right here. Love the NHL series, NHL 10 and Socom are the only 2 games I own. Not a big fan of the Be A Pro mode, so I wouldnt be interested in a CAG team. The best and only way to play NHL is 2v2 couch play with your buddies. It gets hype!!!

Anyone having problems playing online league games? Keeps saying that the invitee has left game, and it tells them that the game was created using a different roster. This is seriously broken. And EA has said there will be no roster updates.

Does someone have some spare time? Setup an www.nhl11isbroken.com site, point it to all the google hits for "NHL 11 online league roster update problem", and a 'donate with PayPal' button, and have all funds go to Google Ad dollars. As soon as NHL 2K series left the platform, EA gets arrogant.

~S

bread's done
Back