Valkyria Chronicles: Design Archive (English Art Book) $28.41

KillerRamen

CAGiversary!
Feedback
13 (100%)
So I was looking on Amazon to see if they were going to have a guide for Valkyria Chronicles 2, but they had a Valkyria Chronicles artbook listed instead at $17 off the list price!

It's listed as having 400 pages, so it's probably the same thing as the Valkyria: Development Artworks (Japanese) book except a lot cheaper and in English.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1926778162/

Publisher: Udon Entertainment (January 15, 2011)

Udon is the same company that released all of those Capcom artbooks and I have a few of them and they're really cool.

[quote name='enemyofusall']I emailed them and got a very quick response here it is:

"We should be doing a press release about the book in the next 2 weeks or so. But basically it is a localization of the 400 page Japanese book “Gallian Chronicles: Development Artworks”. Contents should be pretty much exactly the same as the Japanese version, only in English."

:)[/QUOTE]

Edit: New Lower Price: $31.49! :bouncy:

Barnes and Nobel: $33.74
http://search.barnesandnoble.com/books/e/9781926778167/?itm=3&USRI=valkyria+chronicles

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the Japanese one, and it's a beautiful book. Highly recommended. I'll definitely be getting the English version. I love Valkyria Chronicles.

I remember being really interested when someone posted about the japanese one... I'll bite on this.

Wonder if this is going to be a whole new book all together or just a translation of the Japanese Development Artworks book. I was about to purchase the Japanese version, but if I can get it in english for $40 cheaper....

Wonderful find, I've been looking for an affordable copy of the Valkyria Chronicles art book, this being in English makes it that good of a bonus.

[quote name='yokofox33']I have the Japanese one, and it's a beautiful book. Highly recommended. I'll definitely be getting the English version. I love Valkyria Chronicles.[/QUOTE]
You and me both.

ooo nicee. I still haven't played VC yet (I do own it though) so I'll try and get to that before considering this. Art books are one my weaknesses though.

Thanks so much for the heads up on this!! Pre-ordered! Though with this being Udon it probably won't end up coming out until Summer of next year since most of their stuff is always delayed.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']I really do want this if it's as nice as the Japanese one. I hope it's hardcover. I'll wait till more info is known.[/QUOTE]

Most US artbbooks as well as most Udon releases are softcover, unfortunately.

Op you are amazing, I've been trying to find this book all over the price without it being ridiculously overpriced on ebay.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']I really do want this if it's as nice as the Japanese one. I hope it's hardcover. I'll wait till more info is known.[/QUOTE]

The JP one was paperback as well.

If you want an idea of what kind of quality to expect, I would go to Borders and check out the Capcom artbooks by Udon. Mega Man, Mega Man X, Mega Man Zero, Okami, Street fighter, ect are all really well done.

In for one! Thanks, OP.

Agreed on all counts. The Okami book is absolutely beautiful, so if that is the quality then this will be stunning. I was just browsing my VC strat guide last night, matter of fact, and admiring how beautiful the character shots were.

Thanks for the heads up! I still need to play the game, but there's plenty of time for me to cancel before it's released if I decide I don't need it.

Ah, so they did stick to the January date I got quoted at Comic-Con a few weeks back :)

Two days off from my birthday too.

Suppose it is time to get Project 2-4 rolling again...

Last edited by a moderator:
I emailed them and got a very quick response here it is:

"We should be doing a press release about the book in the next 2 weeks or so. But basically it is a localization of the 400 page Japanese book “Gallian Chronicles: Development Artworks”. Contents should be pretty much exactly the same as the Japanese version, only in English."

:)

This game is soooo good. I love the art style, the characters, the story, the gameplay, everything...

thanks, for the heads up OP!

[quote name='enemyofusall']I emailed them and got a very quick response here it is:

Sweet, awesome confirmation. Preorder'd!

Huzzah! I pre-ordered it before I posted it, so it's nice to know what I'm getting! :whee:

Thanks. I have several of the Capcom artbooks (MegaMan, Okami, etc) so I'm totally into this.

Slightly tangential to the deal, but this might be the right crowd to ask --
anyone know if Valkyria Chronicles 2 is in Japanese with English subtitles in either version? Or are we stuck between all Japanese and all English? In that case, the dual-language option in Valkyria Chronicles was a tease :(

[quote name='Cheska19']I'm sad this wont be coming out for a while :( But at least it will go nicely with my "On the Gallian Front" artbook.[/QUOTE]

what's the differences between this one and On tghe Gallian Front?

The On The Gallian Front art book is the one I got when I pre-ordered the game. It's pretty nice, short, but hey it was free :D

Eh, I don't usually buy art books, but I'm gonna make an exception with this one. :D Unique art style and love the story.

[quote name='Gamelore']Thanks. I have several of the Capcom artbooks (MegaMan, Okami, etc) so I'm totally into this.

Slightly tangential to the deal, but this might be the right crowd to ask --
anyone know if Valkyria Chronicles 2 is in Japanese with English subtitles in either version? Or are we stuck between all Japanese and all English? In that case, the dual-language option in Valkyria Chronicles was a tease :(
[/QUOTE]

You're stuck with the English voices. Due to limits of the UMD they couldn't fit the original Japanese voices on there. I saw this in a preview video from one of the people working on the game. Also no subtitles in the J-version.

[quote name='DKYang']Eh, I don't usually buy art books, but I'm gonna make an exception with this one. :D Unique art style and love the story.[/QUOTE]

My first artbook too :)

bread's done
Back