Question about the classic controller/dual analog

gargus

Banned
Ive seen the classic controllers for wii or ones that have like dual analog sticks. Are those good for actual wii games? Or are they just for wii console games of like the older games predating wiimotes?

I was considering getting one if I could use it for like paper mario or no more heroes or something. I just dont like using the wiimote turned sideways as a controller. But wasnt sure if they would work or games like new super mario bros wii where you have to shake the controller I didnt know how that would work without a wiimote.

Basically I know nothing about any controller for the wii except the wiimote itself.

[quote name='gargus']Ive seen the classic controllers for wii or ones that have like dual analog sticks. Are those good for actual wii games? Or are they just for wii console games of like the older games predating wiimotes?

I was considering getting one if I could use it for like paper mario or no more heroes or something. I just dont like using the wiimote turned sideways as a controller. But wasnt sure if they would work or games like new super mario bros wii where you have to shake the controller I didnt know how that would work without a wiimote.

Basically I know nothing about any controller for the wii except the wiimote itself.[/QUOTE]

it tells on the back of each game at the top which controllers the game supports. NSMB does not support the classic controller. Off the top of my head, I know Super Smash Bros and some DBZ game do.

aaaand of course, our good friend wikipedia always has a list ready. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Wii_games_that_use_the_Classic_Controller

Ah didnt know the back told you. I guess it isnt worth it to me to get one cause I only have like 2 games on that list. Tried to google it, guess I wasnt asking the question right because I couldnt find a complete list.

I just typed in "games that use the classic controller".

It's really not worth it unless you use it for virtual console or wiiware titles. I was pretty bummed when I found out NSMB didn't use it.

The classic controller is ok, but I prefer to use a GameCube controller on games that support it.

I wish they would just freaking make a universal controller that you can use for the wii on all games so you dont have to use the wii mote frankly i just dont like the wii mote.

[quote name='007']Absolutely no differences besides the grips.[/QUOTE]
Thanks! One would think they would've taken the opportunity to include rumble, especially for games like Starfox 64 on VC.

The triggers are different. The L2 and R2 buttons are positioned like Playstation controllers. Before all four buttons were on the same row.

The wire that connects to the Wiimote came out of the bottom of the original classic controller; in the new controller (pro), it comes out of the top. I guess enough people complained about the wire coming out of the bottom that Nintendo fixed it when they created the new version.

The Pro version is much better, at least for me. More comfortable i hand and the triggers are much better. As far as wanting something to replace the Wii Remote universally, that's ridiculous. The Wii Remote is about motion control and pointing control. You can't just replace that with a classic style controller. They aren't the same thing. They should make all games that support the Classic Controller also support the Gamecube controller, though, and vice versa. That would make sense. Also, I'd like for them to release a wireless Classic Controller Pro. I'd buy that.

I bought a Thrustmaster wireless dual-analog that works as both a classic controller and a GC controller...it's a little on the small side for my hands but still better than the old classic.

Also picked up a $5 grip for those games that require sideways Wiimote play, and it really helped the comfort factor.

I've been on the fence for a while about getting one. The general concensus is that Monster Hunter Tri is best played with the Classic Controller (Pro), but I've never really had a problem with my Wiimote.

bread's done
Back