Dead Space Extraction Wii $18.00 fulfilled by Amazon

Was that confirmed that Dead space 2 will have the full "Dead Space Extraction" from Wii also included ? If so I will probably wait, especially for the HD if it's been upgraded.

[quote name='WebWizard']Was that confirmed that Dead space 2 will have the full "Dead Space Extraction" from Wii also included ? If so I will probably wait, especially for the HD if it's been upgraded.[/QUOTE]

I read that Extraction will only be included in the limited edition of DS2, so you'll probably end up paying $10 more for that... not to mention the cost of PS Move.

I've been thinking about getting this after playing/beating Dead Space on the 360 (excellent game by the way). If I do get this, should I get a lightgun shell like the official Zapper or the Nyko Perfect Shot?

[quote name='obeast']I've been thinking about getting this after playing/beating Dead Space on the 360 (excellent game by the way). If I do get this, should I get a lightgun shell like the official Zapper or the Nyko Perfect Shot?[/QUOTE]

I bought several of the original Nerf N-Strikes (yellow), it's easily the best I've used.

Hmmm all the comments about it being on ps3 are confusing. This is a deal on a wii game, not a ps3 game. It even says so in the title. Does that mean everyone will retroactivly bumping old threads of games being re-released like the old mass effect 2 threads saying "Im not getting this year old deal because its coming out for ps3 soon".

[quote name='ovinophile']I read that Extraction will only be included in the limited edition of DS2, so you'll probably end up paying $10 more for that... not to mention the cost of PS Move.[/QUOTE]

The limited edition is 60 bucks, it doesnt cost extra and its a ps3 only exclusive. There also been NO official word that you will be required to have a move to play it.

[quote name='gargus']Hmmm all the comments about it being on ps3 are confusing. This is a deal on a wii game, not a ps3 game. It even says so in the title. Does that mean everyone will retroactivly bumping old threads of games being re-released like the old mass effect 2 threads saying "Im not getting this year old deal because its coming out for ps3 soon".

but this is a new deal not an old deal.

[quote name='gargus']
The limited edition is 60 bucks, it doesnt cost extra and its a ps3 only exclusive. There also been NO official word that you will be required to have a move to play it.[/QUOTE]

Sure, it could be a sixaxis controlled light gun game but that would suck donkey balls. If it's not made to use move I'd be stunned.

Dead Space Extraction is so very, very good. Don't write it off as just another light gun game on the Wii--it changes what the expectation should be for the genre by raising the bar pretty high.

Production values are amazing--far better than the fan fave Resident Evil games. Its more story driven than other light gun games including the equally excellent House of the Dead Overkill--its not "arcady" in the traditional style of light gun games.

The only place it could be said to be lacking is in the unlockables department--it does have the challenge stages, and a good unlockable comic book with well acted voice overs that fills in some of the story in a great way--I think they were trying to avoid the panda suits of Ghost Squad, so I'll cut 'em some slack for that.

So after reading this post earlier today, I tought about my favorite light gun games on the Wii (I have played nearly all of them). Here is my picks for top light-gun games on the Wii:

1. Dead Space Extraction (by a country mile)
2. Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles (lots of good weapons, graphics)
3. Ghost Recon (great unlockables)
4. House of the Dead 2 and 3 Return (Arcade classics)
5. House of the Dead Overkill (fun, but could have been better)
6. Resident Evil: Darkside Chronicles (good, but WAY too shaky)

Your picks?

The LE of Dead Space 2 is going to be just like the LE of Dante's Inferno and Bad Company 2 (also EA published games). I believe every version of DI for the PS3 was the Divine Edition, but the first few printings of BC2 were LE. As such the DS2 LE is going to be $60 on release just like BC2 and DI were.

It is going to be able to use the move or a DS3 or a combination of the two. I don't see how that is a bad thing. If you want a Move and DS2/E then great. If not then you can still play it.

Hmmm all the comments about it being on ps3 are confusing. This is a deal on a wii game, not a ps3 game. It even says so in the title. Does that mean everyone will retroactivly bumping old threads of games being re-released like the old mass effect 2 threads saying "Im not getting this year old deal because its coming out for ps3 soon"
I don't think it's confusing, some people are saying "I'd rather just get this on the PS3". I usually agree that there should be a bit more relevance to people's posts in the deals thread, but I don't see that as a particular problem here, I think you're getting a little too heated over this whole issue.

Sure, it could be a sixaxis controlled light gun game but that would suck donkey balls. If it's not made to use move I'd be stunned.
I believe they confirmed move support, the issue though is whether it will include regular controller support, for those who don't plan to buy the move.

[quote name='gargus']Hmmm all the comments about it being on ps3 are confusing. This is a deal on a wii game, not a ps3 game. It even says so in the title. Does that mean everyone will retroactivly bumping old threads of games being re-released like the old mass effect 2 threads saying "Im not getting this year old deal because its coming out for ps3 soon".

The limited edition is 60 bucks, it doesnt cost extra and its a ps3 only exclusive. There also been NO official word that you will be required to have a move to play it.[/QUOTE]

It could be that people might prefer a superior version on the PS3, which is bound to have better graphics and controls than the Wii version? The fact that DSE may be remade in high-res would be reason enough to wait for the PS3 version; after all, the low-res graphics on the Wii get pretty old, pretty fast.

I reviewed this for Slant, and I opened with the line "This game is so good it makes me rethink the value of the whole genre." It's really, really terrific.

And no, no gun shell needed---works better without, actually.

the ps3 version you are going to have to use the ps3 move controller thing, seems like that is not so worth it unless you are going to be getting it (move) anyway. im sure it will work with the controller but who really wants to use analog sticks to aim in a light gun game. reminds me of the old sega CD days.

[quote name='dkleinfeld']And no, no gun shell needed---works better without, actually.[/QUOTE]

I completely agree. I own two of those great Nyko Action Packs that bundle the Nyko Wand with the digital gun grip, and I love them on HOTD:Overkill, but for DSE I just use the wand and nunchuck without any junk attachments.

I really wish EA would re-release a bundle with a cheap plasma cutter blaster shell in the same manner they are re-bundling the 2 Nerf games with the blaster fir Xmas 2010--I'd re-buy for a plasma cutter.

The current retail of $29 is just fine and still a bargain--any price under that is a no-brainer.

The graphics are fine, and actually really good--better than a bad HD game, but still no COD/GOW/Halo. I play a ton of retro games, and this stacks up just fine without looking dated. The Wii's anti-aliasing makes it look just fine, better than a DS, XBox 1, PS2, or PSP. What more do you need?

II love the first Dead Space game but I am just going to get this with the Dead Space 2 deal on the PS3. Though I will probably hold off playing it until I get the Move wich I am going back and fourth on when I should actually get it....

[quote name='SPELLPLAQUE']Do you need both the nunchuk and the remote? Can you dual wield?[/QUOTE]

Yes, you need both. The nunchuck controls your melee attack in this game.

On subject of dead space extraction I said that the ps3 limited edition included it for free at no extra cost of 59 dollars and that it wasnt said if it required move or not. I read in the new game informer today in a little sidebar for DS2 that it does support move but it also said you can use the sixaxis to play the game, so move is NOT required.

[quote name='gargus']On subject of dead space extraction I said that the ps3 limited edition included it for free at no extra cost of 59 dollars and that it wasnt said if it required move or not. I read in the new game informer today in a little sidebar for DS2 that it does support move but it also said you can use the sixaxis to play the game, so move is NOT required.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for this info. I was going to spring for the Wii version if Move was required, but now that I know it's not, I might just wait for the PS3 edition.

bread's done
Back