The CAGcast iTunes Review Thread

"An extremely humorous and insightful show. No doubt will you find yourself chuckling while learning that "This Is Vegas" cost 50 million to make, sucks, and is no longer being made. If you want to keep up to date in the video game world be sure to subscribe to this show!" Your welcome!

This is a quality podcast with informative gaming chat mixed with a Howard stern show esque level of human honesty. Listening to the Cagcast is like hanging out with 3 friends chatting about gaming and the occasional poop topic. The show never feels as if you are being talked At or pushed information, with the Cagcast things have an organic flow to them. You get insider previews of games, solid reviews you can relate to after getting to know each member of the show then finally find where to get the best bargain on the games.

The members of the Cagcast never seem forced to get together or even get along as other podcasts. This level of human drama creates a natural conversation rather than a rehearsed script reading season. Most shows would edit out the random fart or stop the recording when someone spills water. The Cagcast goes on and captures this insight of having 3 people in a fun informative discussion.

In a nutshell: Cagcast is 3 like minded nerds hanging out discussing all things gaming, Star Wars, Robocop and helping you get great bargains on games.

"Informative AND entertaining

Thoroughly entertaining news, reviews and discussions of video games, the gaming industry and various related topics generally targeted at a somewhat more mature audience. They do try to keep it fair and relevant while still offering their personal opinions, so don't be surprised if you disagree with the direction of conversation. One big plus, CheapyD, Wombat and Shipwreck regularly interatct with listeners on the CAG site's forums, with listener feedback in every episode. I don't keep up with any other podcasts, so I can't offer any comparisons, but that's saying something in and of itself, isn't it?"

Just submitted!

"Feels like listening to my friends and I discuss gaming"
By BANTHA SKULL

This is definitely one of my favorite podcasts. Being 35, a dad and a gamer it is nice to hear them not only speak about gaming but about life in general. The stories they tell and the references they make throughout the podcast always keep a smile on my face. Even my wife laughs when she overhears some of the things they are talking about. I also personally like when Wombat speaks about Long Island since I'm from the area (Babylon) and I know all the places he mentions. BTW, when did Sunrise Mall become a tragic waste of space?

Keep up the good work guys. Catch you online sometime.

because you ask for it, here it is....not!

itunes wont let me copy and paste from there and apparently your forum rules fail because I cant post an img link of the screen shot i took.

In a nutshell you guys are all cheap ass' and make me laugh while doing so.

Can you post of the gang bang? :p

This was my first podcast, and though I've tried other gaming show since, I keep coming back. The eclectic blend of personalities (likeable comic/gaming dork, candid/acerbic host, and dry-witted anal dude) really makes this show unique. Though the news/reviews etc. are far from comprehensive, the topics they do choose to focus on are always engaging and their everyman approach to the games industry and its prices is genuine and fun.

Here is my review, it's up on iTunes now...

Great Podcast! Starts my weekend off right!

After Spending about a year visiting the site, cheapassgamer.com, I decided to check out the podcast. I was met with a colorful cast of insightful gamers with their eye on my valuable spending dollars. Not only is this group fun to listen to, but they have great taste in games. CheapyD and the gang are funny and engaging. I also love hearing about what it is like to live in japan from a western perspective. Not to be missed by any gaming hobbyists!

Keep up the good work guys!

bread's done
Back