Virtua Tennis 2009 (360) $10 at Amazon

Tempted to get this for the new mini-games, but I've heard that otherwise it's just a republished Virtua Tennis 3.

Opinions?

Great deal, though I kind of want to wait and see what comes our way via Kinect. Tennis is one area where motion controls shine. Kinect can detect objects(such as your real tennis racket), so everything will feel natural. I will be interested to see what company makes lifelike sports gear that includes rumble to simulate the actual hit of the ball. That would be awesome and give you great tactical feedback.

As much as people gripe about motion controls, I dont think they see the full picture as to what can be accomplished. Especially with Kinect, because you dont need a gadget in your hand to play.

[quote name='Lucian']Tempted to get this for the new mini-games, but I've heard that otherwise it's just a republished Virtua Tennis 3.

Opinions?[/QUOTE]

Its very similar to VT3. If you like tennis games or sports games you can't go wrong for $10.

[quote name='thextreme1']Great deal, though I kind of want to wait and see what comes our way via Kinect. Tennis is one area where motion controls shine. Kinect can detect objects(such as your real tennis racket), so everything will feel natural. I will be interested to see what company makes lifelike sports gear that includes rumble to simulate the actual hit of the ball. That would be awesome and give you great tactical feedback.

As much as people gripe about motion controls, I dont think they see the full picture as to what can be accomplished. Especially with Kinect, because you dont need a gadget in your hand to play.[/QUOTE]

I think most people have a problem with it because if you are going to go through all the trouble to get all the accessories, you might as well just go play real tennis. Not only is it great exercise, but you don't have the chance of putting a tennis racket through your $2000 tv.

But I'll leave the motion control debate for another day...

I might have to pick this up. I have found memories of the Dreamcast version and I haven't picked one up since. Decisions, decisions.

Thanks!

I've put over 70 hours into this game (yes, the game counts for you.) This is the only authentic tennis series that I can have a blast with.

I bought this for $8.99 at Newegg back in May and have had a lot of fun with it, but I've always been partial to the Virtua Tennis series. Achievements are a bit of a grind, though.

bread's done
Back