Mirror's Edge $4.99 (PC/ Download) EA Store

Thanks for the heads up. Although, I've gotten numb to Mirror's Edge being $4.99.

I wasn't too taken by the demo, but, at an even lower price, I would pick it up.

Haven't seen it lower than this yet - for $5 I really enjoyed it, would recommend it if you are on the fence. Just don't expect much from the actual combat - it's all about parkour and momentum in this game.

I would stay far, far, away from the EA Store. Both Battlefield Bad Company 2 and Mass Effect 2 will not even install for me from when I bought them back at the Penny Arcrade sale last winter for like $20 each.

Downloaded and installed them when I first bought them and they worked fine. I went to replay some games this summer so I tried to redownload and install my games from the EA Download Manager and the installation fails because the download files are corrupted. Something about an invalid .cab file and the installation fails.

EA tech support basically gave me a 20 step process where I would have to download 2 copies of the game and switch out the bad .cab files between the 2 downloads so I could try to get one download that was not corrupted. Didn't work for me after monkeying around with it for an hour or so as there are a lot of .cab files in the installation. There are tons of threads online of this happening to numerous other people as well. Apparently it started in March and EA has still not fixed it.

Pretty sad when EA's OFFICIAL Download Manager does not even work. All my Steam games and disc based games work fine so I know it is not a problem on my end. Just google Battlefield Bad Company 2 .cab file and you will see it is happening to a lot of people. Suffice to say I will never, ever buy anything from the EA Store and in the future I will make it a point to always buy EA Games used so they don't get crap from me.

[quote name='radioactivez0r']Haven't seen it lower than this yet - for $5 I really enjoyed it, would recommend it if you are on the fence. Just don't expect much from the actual combat - it's all about parkour and momentum in this game.[/QUOTE]

You want a real challenge? Play through the game without firing a bullet. I gave up by mission three.

[quote name='WebScud']You want a real challenge? Play through the game without firing a bullet. I gave up by mission three.[/QUOTE]
I've played until chapter 3 or 4 and I've never had to fire a gun.

[quote name='CountChoculitis']I would stay far, far, away from the EA Store. Both Battlefield Bad Company 2 and Mass Effect 2 will not even install for me from when I bought them back at the Penny Arcrade sale last winter for like $20 each.

Downloaded and installed them when I first bought them and they worked fine. I went to replay some games this summer so I tried to redownload and install my games from the EA Download Manager and the installation fails because the download files are corrupted. Something about an invalid .cab file and the installation fails.

EA tech support basically gave me a 20 step process where I would have to download 2 copies of the game and switch out the bad .cab files between the 2 downloads so I could try to get one download that was not corrupted. Didn't work for me after monkeying around with it for an hour or so as there are a lot of .cab files in the installation. There are tons of threads online of this happening to numerous other people as well. Apparently it started in March and EA has still not fixed it.

Pretty sad when EA's OFFICIAL Download Manager does not even work. All my Steam games and disc based games work fine so I know it is not a problem on my end. Just google Battlefield Bad Company 2 .cab file and you will see it is happening to a lot of people. Suffice to say I will never, ever buy anything from the EA Store and in the future I will make it a point to always buy EA Games used so they don't get crap from me.[/QUOTE]

Freaking weird. I used to have the same problem. Downloads from EA would corrupt bad on my end. I had to retry a million times to get anything to download properly. It turns out that my network card had gone bad, an old linksys card. It was causing a bunch of downloads and connections to outright fail. I couldn't download from Gog.com nor EA, only Steam downloads would work, strangely.

[quote name='WebScud']You want a real challenge? Play through the game without firing a bullet. I gave up by mission three.[/QUOTE]

This game is probably the only one I've made a point to only rely on melee and running. It can get frustrating, but once you learn the enemies waves and patterns it because more easier. I've passed it at least 5 times (once on ps3, and 4 on PC), probably the most exhilarating game I've played in a while. The sense of speed and the running is really fun.

That's an Achievement, and it's not that bad. Once you realize how to utilize the hand-to-hand combat using the slide kick and disarms, it becomes so much easier.

bread's done
Back