Official XBox 16GB USB Stick from SanDisk $49.99

[quote name='Shuino']I still can't believe how GameStop and Microsoft can put this kind of price on these things. It's just mind blogging...[/QUOTE]

The only bigger ripoff was the Wii brand SD cards that were selling for triple the price at the Wii's launch. Ridiculous.

[quote name='Shuino']I still can't believe how GameStop and Microsoft can put this kind of price on these things. It's just mind blogging...[/QUOTE]

Can't really blame GS on this one. And at the very least, I'll give MS some extremely minimal amount of credit for not being total douches and only allowing their "special" USB sticks to be used as storage.

16GB usb sticks usually cost around $30.

That's no deal. That's a space station.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Corvin']Not defending MS, but not all those $20-$30 sticks meet the speed and performance requirements of the 360.[/QUOTE]

This might be a longshot, but does anyone have any info on which usb sticks DO meet the speed requirements? I've tried a USB stick and two USB drives, and none of them met the speed requirements.

Wow. That is exactly why I don't have a 360, I bought a 500 GB 7200 harddrive for my PS3 for 80 bucks...50 bucks for 16gb is insane.

I've used two different PNY sticks, both passed the speed test. I've seen other posts in the past say that various SanDisk sticks have passed, as well. On the flip side, I used a Transcend 8GB stick briefly that failed the speed test. It did work, but files transfered very slowly. There was a thread in the xbox section of the forums a few months ago that listed a lot of similar observations, it's probably still burried there somewhere if you search for it. But, in summary, most any PNY or SanDisk USB stick should work well.

Side note -- As the OP pointed out, while this might not be a great deal in the traditional sense, the $20 price drop makes it a good deal if you have a bunch of Gamestop credit to use.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ZincAlloy']Wow. That is exactly why I don't have a 360, I bought a 500 GB 7200 harddrive for my PS3 for 80 bucks...50 bucks for 16gb is insane.[/QUOTE]

In all fairness, you can't compare the size of a hard drive and a USB stick. You are right, though, about MS's track record of insanely overpriced storage devices.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']In all fairness, you can't compare the size of a hard drive and a USB stick. You are right, though, about MS's track record of insanely overpriced storage devices.[/QUOTE]

True, but at the same time I can use ANY old crappy USB drive on my ps3; which is how I actually did the backing up for my harddrive when I did the swap. I grabbed one of my dad's usb drives just lying around, tiny little thing, popped it in, and I was done backing up all of my saves. I've come very close to buying a 360 many times cause I like the system and the exclusives, but all the accessories I'd want are just too damn expensive!

$50 for 16 GB? You know what MS, shove it up your ass along increasing XBL when I get free superior online & always will with PC.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']In all fairness, you can't compare the size of a hard drive and a USB stick. You are right, though, about MS's track record of insanely overpriced storage devices.[/QUOTE]For a price like that, I would think you can compare it.

Or, at Amazon you can get 2x the space for 10 bucks more, or choose a different "New" seller for about $50 shipped*.

And you can't complain about Sandisk, the "Official" ones are made by Sandisk themselves. I suppose it's possible the 32gb could cause you some problems, but I'm unsure.

*Um, yes, Supersized please.

bread's done
Back