Pre-order Halo Reach for $44.99 at Micro Center B&M ($39.99 after $5 down)

h3llbring3r

CAGiversary!
Feedback
58 (100%)
7593.jpg

Preorder this Friday-Sunday with a $5 deposit and pick-up for $39.99, in-store only.

Store locations:
There are 23 Micro Center store locations across the US:
California
• Silicon Valley/Santa Clara
• Orange County/Tustin
Colorado
• Denver/Denver Tech Center
Georgia
• Greater Atlanta/Duluth
• Greater Atlanta/Marietta
Illinois
• Chicagoland/Central
• Chicagoland/Westmont
Kansas
• Kansas City/Overland Park Massachusetts
• Boston/Cambridge
Maryland
• Beltway/Rockville
Michigan
• Detroit/Madison Heights
Minnesota
• Twin Cities/St. Louis Park
Missouri
• St. Louis/Brentwood
New Jersey
• North Jersey/Paterson New York
• Long Island/Westbury
• Yonkers
Ohio
• Central Ohio/Columbus
• Northeast Ohio/Mayfield Hts.
• Cincinnati/Sharonville
Pennsylvania
• Philadelphia/St. Davids
Texas
• Houston/West Loop
• Dallas Metroplex/Richardson
Virginia
• Northern Virginia/Fairfax

Last edited by a moderator:
Might have to go this route too, at the Madison Heights location. Used to like knowing there weren't a lot of CAGs in my area. The dwindling cheap games make sense. Not you York, just in general.

Copy-pasta of store locations from SD:
There are 23 Micro Center store locations across the US:
California
• Silicon Valley/Santa Clara
• Orange County/Tustin
Colorado
• Denver/Denver Tech Center
Georgia
• Greater Atlanta/Duluth
• Greater Atlanta/Marietta
Illinois
• Chicagoland/Central
• Chicagoland/Westmont
Kansas
• Kansas City/Overland Park Massachusetts
• Boston/Cambridge
Maryland
• Beltway/Rockville
Michigan
• Detroit/Madison Heights
Minnesota
• Twin Cities/St. Louis Park
Missouri
• St. Louis/Brentwood
New Jersey
• North Jersey/Paterson New York
• Long Island/Westbury
• Yonkers
Ohio
• Central Ohio/Columbus
• Northeast Ohio/Mayfield Hts.
• Cincinnati/Sharonville
Pennsylvania
• Philadelphia/St. Davids
Texas
• Houston/West Loop
• Dallas Metroplex/Richardson
Virginia
• Northern Virginia/Fairfax

? Where did you get that?

Edit: oh I see what you're saying. It is still a good deal if you don't want a giftcard. 15 birds in hand vs 20 in the bush for a future purchase.

[quote name='h3llbring3r']? Where did you get that?

Edit: oh I see what you're saying. It is still a good deal if you don't want a giftcard. 15 birds in hand vs 20 in the bush for a future purchase.[/QUOTE]

Conservative estimate.

Yea, I was confused by what he meant with his wording- $44.99 total counting the $5 deposit- Not still $44.99 after you make a $5 deposit.

It's not like the total wasn't in the title or OP.

[quote name='zeroxsyn']Now compared to Amazon, is there still tax on this? Tax being roughly $5, making it $49-50.[/QUOTE]
Yikes, you live in taxachusettes? It's only 5-6% here, so like ~$2.25

[quote name='h3llbring3r']Yikes, you live in taxachusettes? It's only 5-6% here, so like ~$2.25[/QUOTE]

probably california ~10%

[quote name='judgedee']probably california ~10%[/QUOTE]

You win! Man I wish we had 5-6% tax here. If there is tax, which I don't have reason to believe there isn't, I'd stick to Amazon. Simply due to I know I'm going to buy something there again and the extra $10 helps.

I went into my local Micro Center today to check on pre-sale (forgot that it started tomorrow) and they said that there is no gift card. The 5 dollars down prints a receipt and it makes the game 39.99 when you pick it up. It's almost like you are paying 5 dollars for the receipt to have the game ring up at 39.99 when the game comes out.

[quote name='RufusB']I went into my local Micro Center today to check on pre-sale (forgot that it started tomorrow) and they said that there is no gift card. The 5 dollars down prints a receipt and it makes the game 39.99 when you pick it up. It's almost like you are paying 5 dollars for the receipt to have the game ring up at 39.99 when the game comes out.[/QUOTE]
Yes, that's what they did with Madden 10 and Beatles.
You are paying $44.99 for the game like it says in the OP.
$5 now to reserve and $39 at pick-up.

No GC, no shenanigans just a flat $15 savings before taxes vs full price and a $20 GC somewhere else.

Sharonville, OH location knew nothing about this. Left w/o my pre-order, they're supposed to get back in touch w/ me as they had no way of doing this promotional offer.

Fortunately I live pretty close to one of the handful of Micro Center locations, so I went over there and pre-ordered today. Fairly good price to get this at launch. Thanks for the heads-up, OP!

[quote name='notwen']Sharonville, OH location knew nothing about this. Left w/o my pre-order, they're supposed to get back in touch w/ me as they had no way of doing this promotional offer.[/QUOTE]

This is why Micro Center is going to eventually fail as a retailer.

You take the time to patronize their store, for a national chain promo, and they tell you to comeback later . . . that they know nothing about their own sale.

IDK why I encourage people to spend their money there sometimes. :oops:

[quote name='notwen']Sharonville, OH location knew nothing about this. Left w/o my pre-order, they're supposed to get back in touch w/ me as they had no way of doing this promotional offer.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for posting that, I was going to head up there over the weekend. I'll cancel that trip.

[quote name='life.exe']Thanks for posting that, I was going to head up there over the weekend. I'll cancel that trip.[/QUOTE]

They ended up calling me back saying they could now honor the promo and even waived the $5 down for wasting 30min on my first trip. You should be good to go on the promo for the rest of the weekend.

[quote name='Corsico']Yonkers is in New York, not New Jersey.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I take great offense to that! ;)

But yeah, it's just a formatting error.

bread's done
Back