How to make a Green Arrow costume for Halloween?

Distortiontm

CAGiversary!
Hey CAGs,

October is coming up in a month (or so), and I know this seems a bit early to be thinking about costumes, but I like to be proactive. So:

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to make/assemble a Green Arrow (DC Comics Hero) costume for a relatively low cost? I'm looking for something that mostly resembles the costume from the Mike Grell era of the comics (either the hood or the hat look).

http://www.dccomics.com/media/product/1/3/1349_400x600.jpg

http://www.comics101.com/comics101//news/Comics 101/209/GRELL GA.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3438/3716191742_62733a2756_o.jpg

Last year I tried scouring eBay and costume shops for something, but all I could find were low-quality "Robin Hood" costumes that didn't even really resemble GA.

Thanks in advance!!!

are you talking original (batman brave and the bold), justice league (70's) the gl/ga costme, long bow hunters, or smallville costume? ive seen premade nice quality cosplay costumes on amazon for smallville and justice league looks, for justice league just get an old style robin hood costume and dye it green i mean 50s style robin hood not recent movies look

i want to do the same thing but with green lantern, and my oldest boy as green arrow (named oliver after him) and my youngest son as red arrow

I'm going for more of a Longbow Hunters look, but I'll take what I can get.

@wesdw369 That's so cool man! I wish I had a dad as awesome as you! lol Let me know what you come up with, and I'll do the same.

Also, why don't you have your youngest go as speedy? That way they make a solid team.

Bump for suggestions, and please don't just say amazon or ebay. You can believe me that I've exhausted those resources.

[quote name='batman1939']I don't know but you better have an arrow with a boxing glove on it.[/QUOTE]
Uh... DUH! lol

I'm going all-out when it comes to the trick arrows, trust me. Well, that's if I go with modern/pre-Grell GA. If I can find a way to work the Seattle costume out, it's going to get pretty real. I've even been looking at custom arrowheads online.

Thanks for the recommendation, though!

[quote name='Distortiontm']Uh... DUH! lol

I'm going all-out when it comes to the trick arrows, trust me. Well, that's if I go with modern/pre-Grell GA. If I can find a way to work the Seattle costume out, it's going to get pretty real. I've even been looking at custom arrowheads online.

Thanks for the recommendation, though![/QUOTE]

LOL ok but don't make it too real. You don't want to get stopped by the cops...

[quote name='camoor']LOL ok but don't make it too real. You don't want to get stopped by the cops...[/QUOTE]

On halloween I wouldnt worry about it, especially if your running around in green tights I dont think the cops are going to "hey look at that george its halloween and there is a man with a bow and arrows wearing green spandex......he's a terrorist shoot em!"

[quote name='gargus']On halloween I wouldnt worry about it, especially if your running around in green tights I dont think the cops are going to "hey look at that george its halloween and there is a man with a bow and arrows wearing green spandex......he's a terrorist shoot em!"[/QUOTE]
Now if I had a turban on, I think it would sadly be the opposite.

[quote name='GhostShark']Go steal Justin Hartlett's wardrobe from the set off Smallville and you should be good.[/QUOTE]
You see, that's the problem! There are PLENTY of "smallville"-style costumes for $100+, but I really am going for more of the comic book type one. It's all very frustrating lol

Hell, I think that Green Arrow looks the best (never been a huge fan of the character to begin with as I think Hawkeye is more awesome) but then I don't read much DC these days.

You could read Andy Diggle and Jock's Green Arrow: Year One and get some ideas from there. That's gritty, back to the basics Green Arrow. I will also be greatly impressed if you can grow the sweet facial hair Ollie Queen has.

[quote name='GhostShark']I will also be greatly impressed if you can grow the sweet facial hair Ollie Queen has.[/QUOTE]

.....I have it, but in brown lol

GA:Year One is one of my favorite one-shots of all time! That's a great idea. I could probably find some plain shirts & pants, maybe a hoodie.....

My favorite GA costume is the one he had in JLU. Had the old style Robin Hood cap, but didn't look quite as corny like the older version in Batman Brave and the Bold.

01.jpg

Wouldn't be that hard probably, It's basiclaly a vest, shirt, and pants. The arm gauntlets shouldn't be that hard to do. The hat would probably be the ahrdest part.

bread's done
Back