$5 off $15 + Daily and Weekly Deals at Direct2Drive

RebelCapitalist

CAGiversary!
[IMG-R=5838]13894[/IMG-R]Direct2Drive has several strong promotions going on right now. The coupon code appears to work alongside the other sales.

d2d.gif
Save $5 on a $15+ order with coupon code PAX
d2d.gif
D2D Turns 6 - Weekly $6 Game Deals: New titles every Wednesday
d2d.gif
End of Summer Sale - 2 games on sale daily for 30 days

Week 1 Deals (all items are $6):
1. SW: Knights of the old Republic
2. Jedi Knight Bundle $6
3. Achtung Panzer
4. Titan Quest Bundle
5. Defense Grid: The Awakening
6. Tropico 3
7. Tropico Reloaded
8. Football Manager 2010
9. Penumbra Collection

Think I'm going to try out Tropico 3. $6 seems like a good deal.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='mcdaking84']Does KOTOR run on windows 7? I remember having problems with vista[/QUOTE]
I have it on steam and it freezes every 30 minutes to an hour.

How well does KOTOR run on the PC? Got it on the ol' G Xbox when it first came out, but never actually completed it. As I recall, the frame-rate sometimes equaled slide-show levels.

[quote name='EliotAndrews']EDIT: In addition to this sale, D2D is also doing daily deals. Two games each day for 30 days. I have no idea when this started, though.[/QUOTE]

It's says it runs 30 days, and is a September sale, so I assume it started yesterday, with a tick over time of 1:00 PM Eastern. Yesterday (and still active when you posted) was Hearts of Iron 3 70% off and Civ 4 50% off.

It just changed to Vampire Bloodlines 50% off and Gun 50% off.

They uploaded a few of the future images just like in their Christmas sale, presumably it's a preview of what's coming.

I wonder if the 50% off BFBC2 deal will just be what's now the normal price around town. If it's 50% off $29.99 I might have to buy into that. :)

Hahaha, I love how D2D can never seem to hide their promotional images from resourceful CAG's. I was very excited to hear GUN and Vampire were on sale, but, sadly, that's some steep pricing.

GUN is around 5 years old, isn't it? Ouch.

[quote name='RebelCapitalist']I wonder if the 50% off BFBC2 deal will just be what's now the normal price around town. If it's 50% off $29.99 I might have to buy into that. :)[/QUOTE]

It's currently $29.95 as a regular price at direct2drive, but they have been known to jack up prices minutes before starting an XX% off sale on a title.

That said, I wouldn't get too excited about the ME2 or BFBC2 sale banners. The image numbers don't match up with the product ID in the games page's URLs like they should. 355 goes to "25 to Life" from Eidos, and 4256 goes to "3D Ultra Minigolf Adventures" from Activision. Of course any of these future banners could just be preliminary and not actually real.

Sweet! I remember last year's "5 years old $5 sale" and it was amazing...bought more stuff then I care to mention (even a few I previously owned on the 360).

[quote name='Birbo']How well does KOTOR run on the PC? Got it on the ol' G Xbox when it first came out, but never actually completed it. As I recall, the frame-rate sometimes equaled slide-show levels.[/QUOTE]
KOTOR on XP ran fantastic for me many years ago. I don't know how it runs on Windows 7 though.

You can hack the retail version to enable widescreen resolutions. I know you can't hack the Steam version, but I don't know about D2D's.

I had concerns orver getting KOTOR due to things i had read. However, I got it off Steam and it runs perfectly fine on windows 7 64x.

if it was KOTOR 2 I would've bought it... Beaten KOTOR 1 too many times. The rest of the games are unappealing to me. Will def bite on Mount and Blade if the price is right when that one comes around.

Mass Effect 2 at 75% off and Bad Company 2 at 50% off would be awesome. Hopefully Steam will match those. Steam does have Company of Heroes at 75% off, so maybe the other prices will line up.

[quote name='mcdaking84']if I have never played any tropico games should I go with reloaded or 3?[/QUOTE]

I've never played them, but it looked like Tropico 3 was a big improvement.

The expansion for it might be coming up for sale this month too.

[quote name='aosora13']I do not think it is £6. It is probably about £4.[/QUOTE]

ye 6 U.S. dollars = 3.8981289 British pounds
The thing is they charge 6 pounds for Europeans.

[quote name='rareh']ye 6 U.S. dollars = 3.8981289 British pounds
The thing is they charge 6 pounds for Europeans.[/QUOTE]

Some of the titles are available worldwide from the US store. Just use the flag in the top right corner to switch to the US store (you may need to use it a few times if it redirects you back to the .co.uk).

If the title you're interested in is only available for sale in North America from the .com, maybe you can get it from the .eu store instead of .co.uk. I think €6 is cheaper than £6?

[quote name='RebelCapitalist']I've never played them, but it looked like Tropico 3 was a big improvement.

The expansion for it might be coming up for sale this month too.[/QUOTE]

Haven't played any others, but Tropico 3 is great. Easily my favorite of the genre.

Edit: If you get into it, the expansion is worth full price just to have smaller garages.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='CheapyD']Added more D2D deals to the OP, including $5 off $15 coupon[/QUOTE]
Thanks cheapy. This sale has a ton of potential, i'm intrigued by Puzzle Quest 2 if the 5 off 15 coupon will stack.

[quote name='plutoknight']a $5 off 15 sale?

I'm tempted by KOTOR and Bloodlines..... o.o[/QUOTE]

I picked up Bloodlines...before news about the coupon. -_-

If you want it though, I'd get it. First time I've seen it on sale from anyone.

Anyone know the expiration on PAX?

BTW, how does gifting on D2D work? Could I make new accounts and gift the coupon to a main account in order to use the coupon multiple times?

[quote name='dallascowboys']Anyone know the expiration on PAX?

BTW, how does gifting on D2D work? Could I make new accounts and gift the coupon to a main account in order to use the coupon multiple times?[/QUOTE]

According to BigDownload, you can use the code as much as you want for the month. But if it doesn't work, blame them, not me! >_>

[quote name='DrowVampyre']I picked up Bloodlines...before news about the coupon. -_-

If you want it though, I'd get it. First time I've seen it on sale from anyone.[/QUOTE]

D2D had it for $5 during their Halloween sale last year. I picked it up then and still haven't played it! :whee:

[quote name='Xealot42']D2D had it for $5 during their Halloween sale last year. I picked it up then and still haven't played it! :whee:[/QUOTE]

Heh, well, I wasn't around here at Halloween last year...kinda a latecomer to the downloaded games thing (but loving it).

[quote name='dallascowboys']Anyone know the expiration on PAX?

BTW, how does gifting on D2D work? Could I make new accounts and gift the coupon to a main account in order to use the coupon multiple times?[/QUOTE]
The email says the code is good through all of September and can be used an unlimited number of times.

why does it say there is a 3 item limit when I only have

Tropico 3 1
Titan Quest Bundle
Penumbra Collection

in my cart?

Wow, this is an awesome deal. Just picked up Bloodlines & Titan Quest. Tempted to pick up Gun and something else, but not sure I want anything else from the $6 pile.

Ended up getting Call of Cthulhu and Penumbra for $10.95 with the coupon. Thanks for the deal heads up OP and thanks for the coupon heads up Cheapy.

[quote name='mcdaking84']why does it say there is a 3 item limit when I only have

Tropico 3 1
Titan Quest Bundle
Penumbra Collection

in my cart?[/QUOTE]

Have you already made a purchase with the past 24 hours? D2D has a wonky cart restriction.

[quote name='cheapo72']Have you already made a purchase with the past 24 hours? D2D has a wonky cart restriction.[/QUOTE]

yeah. well thats stupid. how long do I have to wait?

[quote name='Mike UFC']Ended up getting Call of Cthulhu and Penumbra for $10.95 with the coupon. Thanks for the deal heads up OP and thanks for the coupon heads up Cheapy.[/QUOTE]

Cthulhu is unfinishable with modern graphics cards though. There's a certain mission that glitches out graphically in a way that keeps you from finishing the game, so beware. It may work properly on XP, but not on Vista or Windows 7.

[quote name='dcon agent 000']Cthulhu is unfinishable with modern graphics cards though. There's a certain mission that glitches out graphically in a way that keeps you from finishing the game, so beware. It may work properly on XP, but not on Vista or Windows 7.[/QUOTE]

I finished it a few years ago and had no problems. I'd only play up to before you go into the other dimension anyway. The game went off the rails for me there. The parts in Innsmouth were awesome.

[quote name='bitter1961']Some of the titles are available worldwide from the US store. Just use the flag in the top right corner to switch to the US store (you may need to use it a few times if it redirects you back to the .co.uk).

If the title you're interested in is only available for sale in North America from the .com, maybe you can get it from the .eu store instead of .co.uk. I think €6 is cheaper than £6?[/QUOTE]

Thank you for the tip ;)

bread's done
Back