P.C. Richard Deals: 15% off video games; clearance specials

P.C. Richard & Son

Official Representative
Hi all:

A few of you requested a central post for game discounts at P.C. Richard & Son, so I will be posting new deals here as they become available. This is our initial offering but we look forward to presenting greater deals soon! I'd love to hear your comments and suggestions.

-Allie

Special Offers through 6/20:

Buy 1 Get 1 50% Off on These Select Titles (Online Only):

Sale Specials:

Video Game Clearance Blowout!

Choose a single new game for $15 or 3 new games for $30 + shipping on select games in our Video Game clearance section. While supplies last.

Rules:

• Online Only (no in-store pickup)
  • You can now mix and match titles from different consoles
  • No duplicate titles
  • We reserve the right to limit quantities
Video Game Rewards Program
The video game rewards program gives you a $50 P.C. Richard & Son gift card for every 1000 points you earn. You earn 1 point for each dollar spent on video game software and accessories, double rewards points on pre-orders, and an initial 300 points just for signing up. You will also occasionally receive an exclusive mailer with coupons! For more information, please see our video game rewards page.

Contact
My name is Allie and you can PM me on this forum, e-mail me at [email protected], or catch me on PlayStation Network! I'm rynoa86 :cool:

P.C. Richard & Son Video Games Page

P.C. Richard & Son Store Locator

http://www.facebook.com/pcrichardandson
http://www.twitter.com/pcrichardandson
http://blog.pcrichard.com/category/video-games/

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='nddave']Nice deals!

Wish i had a store near me.[/QUOTE]

Im with this guy no stores around me but these are some nice deals Id like to see included for online purchases as long as shipping isnt super high..

Thanks for posting this

[quote name='Infal128289']would it be possible for you to quote the good deals? i cant find them.[/QUOTE]

Let it go. We know. You don't like the store. 85% of your posts on the site refer to your hate for them. Now move on.

[quote name='Infal128289']would it be possible for you to quote the good deals? i cant find them.[/QUOTE]
Me neither, and I DO have a P.C. Richard next to me so I really want to know where the good deals are.

[quote name='phear3d']are the clearance games MSRP? cause thats not really clearance[/QUOTE]

Haha they were clearance about a year ago when they put them on clearance :lol: Seriously I periodically check their clearance section and it's been the same games for about a year so I guess suggestion #1 make clearance section continue to lower in price so that you don't look silly with Brutal Legend $20 claiming it's $40 off when MSRP dropped to that about 1 month after you put them on clearance.

Suggestion #2 get some new games on clearance

I updated the thread with DJ Hero, Guitar Hero Aerosmith and Guitar Hero 5 bundles that we just marked down. I'm going to try and get more games on the clearance page soon, so hold tight! :)

probably when something goes on clearance that people actually want, it will go out of stock after 200 or 300 more than available are sold.

Hi Allie! Great post so far.

I would like to add some suggestions in hoping you'll attract more gamers to P.C. Richard and Son's stores. For starters, having some specially priced games or accessories on sale for one circular ad week would be great or if possible note it on your blog and have it reflected during checkout.

Secondly, offering some giftcards with purchase of newly released games would be a positive as well. Last thing to comment is the video games program. Spending basically $1000 to get a $50 gift card doesn't sound too appealing when Best Buy Gamer's Club provides you with a $10 certificate for every $150 spent on video game related items on top of the $5 certificates one receives for every $250 spent in general. That's like $100 in certificates for a person that reaches $1000 in purchases. If there's some way to lower down the reward cash-in it can help. Sure, pre-orders are double in rewards but nowadays customers are looking for even more deals/savings for newly released games.

Anyway I hope this helps and good luck with your "mission". :)

Thank you and welcome! I can't remember the last time I've been in one of your stores, I don't think the game section was consumer friendly for some reason. But I'll try to check it out when something pops up that I have to run in store for.

NOOOOOOOO, GTFOH! Great Now PC richards is On here,great, now all those wonderful 19.99 PC richards clearances will probably come to a screeching halt now, A la the once golden KMArt Clearance thread Once the SHC crew showed up. between all this, Blockbuster and FyE getting rid of their games almost altogether,Target Prisons and Gamestop ACTUALLY HONORING this 15 day NY state law HOLD on traded in games, and congress pushing for a bill to tax internet sellers, things are starting to get tough but at least the holidays are coming

I just updated the thread again with discounts on Singularity. They're not showing up on our site search yet, so please follow the links above instead.

[quote name='Stevothepro']NOOOOOOOO, GTFOH! Great Now PC richards is On here,great, now all those wonderful 19.99 PC richards clearances will probably come to a screeching halt now[/QUOTE]

They won't, I promise. If anything the support and feedback from you guys is what's fueling us to offer up even more deals and further improve our video game department.

[quote name='worrybomb']Hi Allie! Great post so far.

I would like to add some suggestions in hoping you'll attract more gamers to P.C. Richard and Son's stores. For starters, having some specially priced games or accessories on sale for one circular ad week would be great or if possible note it on your blog and have it reflected during checkout.

Secondly, offering some giftcards with purchase of newly released games would be a positive as well. Last thing to comment is the video games program. Spending basically $1000 to get a $50 gift card doesn't sound too appealing when Best Buy Gamer's Club provides you with a $10 certificate for every $150 spent on video game related items on top of the $5 certificates one receives for every $250 spent in general. That's like $100 in certificates for a person that reaches $1000 in purchases. If there's some way to lower down the reward cash-in it can help. Sure, pre-orders are double in rewards but nowadays customers are looking for even more deals/savings for newly released games.

Anyway I hope this helps and good luck with your "mission". :)[/QUOTE]

This is the kind of feedback we're really looking for; thank you, worrybomb! We've been working hard recently to improve our video game program. We have a lot of changes proposed for the video game rewards so we hope to upgrade it in the very near future. Pre-orders have been recently addressed as well and we're looking into offering additional perks.

I'm also working closely with the video game buyers to see what we can do for weekly circulars. I forwarded them your feedback. What are some weekly game/accessory deals that you've seen and have been particularly interested in?

I love the resurgence of PCR&S. I always go there for Black Friday. Great staff and a great store overall. Free bump!

[quote name='P.C. Richard & Son']What are some weekly game/accessory deals that you've seen and have been particularly interested in?[/QUOTE]

Well if you haven't heard, Microsoft has increased the yearly Gold membership $10 more starting this November so a deal for current 12-Month cards that are pre-priced $49.99 would be great for starters. I know a lot of people are looking to pay $29.99 for those cards since places like Newegg, Amazon, eBay, and Dell usually put those membership cards for that special price.

Of course, you can't go wrong with coupons/gift card provided with a purchase of any Xbox Live Points or PSN dollars cards or buy 1 virtual spacebucks credit get another half off type deal. A special price for Madden 2011 during this month, since this is the start of football season, would be great as well (either $39.99 or $44.99). And of course any other special promotions (free giftcards with purchase, special price for first week release, or pick up a new game and get another for a discount) for any upcoming games (Kirby's Epic Yarn, Fallout: New Vegas, Playstation Move, Microsoft Kinect, FIFA 2011, Castlevania: Lords of Shadow, etc.) would definitely net you some pre-orders.

Those are just a few of my ideas so far. =P

I went to the North Haven CT store today because I had some gift certicates and dead to rights was marked at $39.99. I didn't ask anyone to check the price .Right next to price tag is said something about being reduced.

Sin & Punishment is back online while supplies last! :)

Thank you to everyone who reached out through posts, PMs, and e-mail with suggestions or questions about our video game department. You guys had awesome suggestions that we definitely want to implement, so expect to see some improvements soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
The front page has been updated with a Prince of Persia price drop, our new games page and details about a tent sale with discounted video games on Saturday. Please take some time to check out our new games page and let me know what you think!

Gotta say, I have a store about 5 miles from my house, but I would never, ever have thought about buying a video game there. There are simply so many other options. But I decided to sign up for the Rewards Program, and I will likely check out this thread from time to time.

for the new games page:

the view all button for recent price drop does not work
and you may want to switch the psp model since you are only selling umd psp games
also, in addition to the price drops and clearance section, it would be great if there was a grouping for titles on sale as well

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Gotta say, I have a store about 5 miles from my house, but I would never, ever have thought about buying a video game there. There are simply so many other options. But I decided to sign up for the Rewards Program, and I will likely check out this thread from time to time.[/QUOTE]

We're working on offering the best deals we possibly can on games, so I hope you'll see something you like soon!

[quote name='vherub']for the new games page:

the view all button for recent price drop does not work
and you may want to switch the psp model since you are only selling umd psp games
also, in addition to the price drops and clearance section, it would be great if there was a grouping for titles on sale as well[/QUOTE]

Thanks vherub!

We're still working on the 'view all' link for the price drops which is why it's not currently working. That will be up as soon. Good ideas for the other stuff though!

Hi everyone!

I wanted to let you all know that coming soon we will be sending out a complimentary mailer to our Video Game Rewards Program members. The rewards program is free to join, so if you're interested in receiving a publication with upcoming video game information and the like, please sign up! This will be similar to the circular idea some of you have suggested through PM.

I know that this thread has been quiet since the last update but also wanted to let you all know that I will be on vacation (Japan! Woo!) starting tomorrow until October 3. I have my coworker Andy monitoring this thread to make sure all your questions will be answered in the meantime. He'll be able to help you out with anything you need :). I'll update this thread with more price drops as soon as I'm back!

Take care!

I signed up since P.C. Richard is the closest electronics store to my house and I would love it if they had awesome deals like K-Mart and Toys R Us (which are both much farther away) have been having.

Cool thanks for the update. I'll be waiting for my complimentary flier in the snail mail.

Will there be any exclusive coupons?

Hi everyone...
Starting today we have lowered the price on Singularity PS3 or 360 to $29.96 each-On-line/In-store while they last. Also...we just reduced MAG for PS3 to $19.96 In-Store only-limiited quantity.
Don't forget to check out our Video Game Clearance section of our website for 3 New (not used) Games for $30 specials while they last.
http://www.pcrichard.com/custserv/videogame_clearance.jsp

Have a good weekend!!!!!!

Hi everyone!

Sorry it's been awhile! We've been working on the P.C. Richard & Son Game Guide that's being mailed to our video game rewards members.

I just wanted to let you know that if you're in the market for another Wii remote and some mini games, we've got Wii Play for $29.96 with 99 cent shipping. Our product page says it's a wired controller (obviously it's not) so I'm working on that.

Thanks! :D

I've updated the OP with details on deals you can get in-store from the P.C. Richard & Son Game Guide being mailed out to rewards members. We also have a pretty nice deal coming online soon, so I will update this post again once it's live. Thank you! :)

I gave up on them when they canceled my halo 3 legendary edition.
Thanks for nothing pc dick and sons

[quote name='whitereflection']Thanks for keeping us posted. I've been waiting for the guide since you first mentioned it - when should we expect to receive it?[/QUOTE]

People in the NY area began receiving them yesterday, so I would assume most people will have it by Saturday. :)

Hi everyone, happy Friday! We've updated our 1 for $15 or 3 for $30 clearance sale with titles you guys will really like :) We've got MAG, Sin and Punishment: Star Successor, Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands, select sports games, Dante's Inferno and more there now. They're in limited quality and when they're gone they're gone. For additional rules and details, see the first post. (Also, you know you want to purchase Brutal Legend or Star Wars!! Right?! Still a ton of stock!)

Thanks to everyone who has used the P.C. Richard & Son Game Guide coupons, too. If you were one of those that has already, please let me know how your experience was.

Have a great weekend!

Thanks for posting the update.

I picked up - MAG, Dante's Inferno, & Dead to Rights Retribution.

EDIT - Just noticed Sin & Punishment: Star Successor currently has a TIV of $15.50 @ Amazon. Just throwing that out there, for those that may be interested.

[quote name='P.C. Richard & Son']Hi everyone, happy Friday! We've updated our 1 for $15 or 3 for $30 clearance sale with titles you guys will really like :) We've got MAG, Sin and Punishment: Star Successor, Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands, select sports games, Dante's Inferno and more there now. They're in limited quality and when they're gone they're gone. For additional rules and details, see the first post. (Also, you know you want to purchase Brutal Legend or Star Wars!! Right?! Still a ton of stock!)

Thanks to everyone who has used the P.C. Richard & Son Game Guide coupons, too. If you were one of those that has already, please let me know how your experience was.

Have a great weekend![/QUOTE]

This is a great deal. I want MAG, Forgotten Sands, and Dante's Inferno. Is this deal also in stores? I don't really want to pay the $8 shipping to get it

[quote name='ssjmichael']This is a great deal. I want MAG, Forgotten Sands, and Dante's Inferno. Is this deal also in stores? I don't really want to pay the $8 shipping to get it[/QUOTE]

Online only unfortunately.

Bought :ps3: PoP, :ps3: Dante's Infeno and :wii: Sin and Punishment for $41.xx. Not bad at all!

bread's done
Back