Tekken 6 le(art book, wireless fightstick) 59.99 ps3/360 at gamestop

Let's not forget that the wireless Hori stick is complete garbage. You're better off buying the game for twenty bucks then picking up one of the Madcatz SE.

Not bad, but like most of the bulkier games/bundles, I think I'll wait until this fall when the stores need to get rid of them to make way for the next set of shelf hogs. If it ever drops to 25-30 I'll definitely bite on this.

funny how fighting games kill their own previous incarnations. If you're into the modding business it's not a bad deal for parts and upgrading it.

how come nobody uses this joystick? I have two tournament madcatz sticks and a SE one. but i kind of want this one too. Anybody used one these puppies?

[quote name='trunks982']best deal i bought this was during Amazon's lightning deal. it was $30 for the PS3[/QUOTE]

Wish I would have seen it, I would grab it!

[quote name='100xp']funny how fighting games kill their own previous incarnations.[/QUOTE]

What does that have to do with the price of tomatoes? This is the current version of Tekken.

if you have two of these, neither will work due to the interference between the 2 dongles, the PS3 can only recognize 1 at a time, so if you plan to bring one to a friend's place, be sure you guys agree that one of you use a different stick

[quote name='100xp']funny how fighting games kill their own previous incarnations. If you're into the modding business it's not a bad deal for parts and upgrading it.[/QUOTE]
Do you mean older fighting games become obsolete? They generally do, especially if newer games add enough elements to make them entirely different games (e.g. rage and bound).

[quote name='The Dojo']how come nobody uses this joystick? I have two tournament madcatz sticks and a SE one. but i kind of want this one too. Anybody used one these puppies?[/QUOTE]

Since you have a TE (same here), just move right along. It's actually a middling basic stick...but really, the MadCatz SE sticks are $40 with SFIV @ Sam's Club, and are 20X better.

I thought it felt a little unresponsive, but it works just fine. It simply didn't have the snappy response of the SF sticks. But it's comparable to the old Hori EX2 that I had for a few months. If you consider the game $20 and the stick $30, then it's good for a $30 stick. It sucks as a $50 stick.

And it's a far cry from the PS2 Tekken 5 stick, which was great, and easily modded. Hell, I paid $23 for my T5 collector's edition w/ stick on clearance at GS a few years back. I love it...SamSho with it is wonderful.

So, for someone like me that's not a pro fighting game player but has a lot of fighting games and no sticks or fight pads would this be a good investment?

The MadCatz SE is probably better and easier to upgrade once you inevitably decide to get better parts. If you want to get a stick for all your fighting games, I would go with that over the Tekken wireless one.

And once you do get your stick you will be awful and probably hate it. But after a month or two, you're going to be upgrading it and looking to play every fighter that comes out on a competitive level, it happens to everyone.

I've only played around with the 360 version and I'm in the middle of modding one. So, my opinion is only on that version.

The stick isn't terrible and I think is fine for the casual fighting game fan (if you're gonna use it on MvC2 then move along and get something like the TE or HRAP). The stock Hori parts aren't terrible and the stick at least feels more like a Sanwa stick than the Hori stick's used in the EX2, Wii fighting stick and the PS3 one.

The Mad Catz SE is nice, but you have to essentially change all the parts immediately.

Do I think the bundle is worth $60? Probably not...I'd say $50 is a decent deal and $40 is great.

The game is really good, but after I obtained all the achievements, I kinda stopped playing it, especially since I'm not that good at Tekken. Still, a great purchase at that price, but you could wait for another Amazon Lightning Deal if you're not sure about it.

Also, I upgraded it with a JLF stick and another spring to make it less wobbly. I would put another set of buttons on it though, but overall, it's not that bad, but it does feel cheap and plastic-ish compared to a MadCatz TE Stick.

[quote name='panzerfaust']The MadCatz SE is probably better and easier to upgrade once you inevitably decide to get better parts. If you want to get a stick for all your fighting games, I would go with that over the Tekken wireless one.

And once you do get your stick you will be awful and probably hate it. But after a month or two, you're going to be upgrading it and looking to play every fighter that comes out on a competitive level, it happens to everyone.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='superdry']I've only played around with the 360 version and I'm in the middle of modding one. So, my opinion is only on that version.

The stick isn't terrible and I think is fine for the casual fighting game fan (if you're gonna use it on MvC2 then move along and get something like the TE or HRAP). The stock Hori parts aren't terrible and the stick at least feels more like a Sanwa stick than the Hori stick's used in the EX2, Wii fighting stick and the PS3 one.

The Mad Catz SE is nice, but you have to essentially change all the parts immediately.

Do I think the bundle is worth $60? Probably not...I'd say $50 is a decent deal and $40 is great.[/QUOTE]
Thanks a lot, guys! I think I'm going to use some leftover GS credit I have to dip the price to $43 and see about picking up a few parts to try to mod it.

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']how's the game itself? and any comments on the artbook?[/QUOTE]

The game itself is awesome. It's about time they made a Tekken you can play online. I bought this game day one and still didn't regret it when it dropped $20 before Xmas last year. I think it's the best fighter for the 360 with Blazblue second.

I'm currently ranked 1297 overall on Xbox live, I've been playing on my brothers account approx. 600 matches and 75% win.

I just bought the Tekken 6 bundle yesterday and I was just wondering can you load the game to the HDD? The load times suck big time and its bugging the hell outta me.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']So, for someone like me that's not a pro fighting game player but has a lot of fighting games and no sticks or fight pads would this be a good investment?[/QUOTE]
You should find what feels the best to you. I used to be a pad player until I played with a group of friends who made a no-pad policy. It was gay at the time, because I was like a sitting duck trying to figure out how to play with a stick. But, it got me to start appreciating playing with arcade sticks. It's about finding what you're best with and using it.

These days, I feel partly naked playing with a pad, but not incapable of playing with them. I usually play with what's called a claw style or a hybrid of that. But more importantly, whether you play with a pad or stick, you should develop good habits during playing.

[quote name='SpockBlocker']Saw this at 2 different Best Buys for $49.99. They both had stacks of them; ps3 and 360.[/QUOTE]

They're still 79.99 at my bb.

It's funny, I bought three copies of Tekken 6, including one at MSRP when it first came out, a bundle I got from one of Amazon's lightning deals, and one on clearance at Target. As a CAG, even though I love Tekken, I wouldn't recommend anyone paying $49.99.

bread's done
Back