Question about DS games

Brother Daz

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Ok I just picked up a DSi XL. When I was looking at some games on ebay I see some people listing games as:
"only plays on DS or DS lite, do not buy if you have a DSi or DSi XL"

Are DS games like this? Is this something I need to be looking for when buying games? I always thought all the games worked on any DS unit. The one game I was really wanting to get is Mario & Luigi Bowser's Inside Story, do I need to be looking for a DSi version of the game? or are these some kind of a bootleg copy I'm seeing on ebay.

nope. all ds games work with dsi/dsi xl except music based games like guitar hero (lack of a gba slot). i'm guessing it's a bootleg.

If it specifically mentions it doesn't work for DSi, then it is a bootleg. Keep in mind that many eBay sellers now also purchase bootleg games in mass quantities from China and then sell them in the US, so you have to make sure that the game will work on a DSi, otherwise it will be a bootleg, or they are just stupid and have no idea what they're talking about. And always see if they have a pic for you or not.

[quote name='Brother Daz']Ok I just picked up a DSi XL. When I was looking at some games on ebay I see some people listing games as:
"only plays on DS or DS lite, do not buy if you have a DSi or DSi XL"

Are DS games like this? Is this something I need to be looking for when buying games? I always thought all the games worked on any DS unit. The one game I was really wanting to get is Mario & Luigi Bowser's Inside Story, do I need to be looking for a DSi version of the game? or are these some kind of a bootleg copy I'm seeing on ebay.[/QUOTE]

Any game that says it won't play on a certain DS system is a bootleg. I NEVER buy any games on ebay if the seller is from Hong Kong or China, as that is where most pirated games are made. When I do buy DS/GBA games on eBay I only bid on it if the picture is of the actual game and I can tell that it is not a bootleg copy.

bread's done
Back